Why are women on GAG so Insecure?

Questions such as Am I Fat? Am I Ugly, Rate My Body, etc. Didn't realize women have some deep issues beneath what they appear to be... kinda sad.

Most Helpful Girl

• True. And is not an excuse but in many of those cases men are the reason why they are insecure. Abusive relationships, abusive chilhood, bullying..

Haven't you realized that many of those questions are made by anonymous girls hiding their faces? Maybe that is a pretty popular girl on here, I bet she is beautiful too but insecurities are there and are really easy to fall in.

I used to be insecure and I needed reassurance from other people even I am not like that anymore it was not easy to develop that something that was missing. How I got over it? I started to make a lot of questions to myself but that took me months and insecurities grew on me for years, YEARS! How can you solve an issue of almost a lifetime in a couple of months? Almost impossible. But you need to be willing to make that change.

It is important to understand that society every single days is more fuck*ed up than ever and people is trying to find answer, guess what, here they can find pretty good ones SOMETIMES but it's better than nothing.

This is not only girls.. You don't know how many of those questions are asked to girls only right here on GAG too you just are not aware of it.

It is sad yes that's why I always have a good word or at least I try to have a good word for every person I get to talk.

Maybe you are confident, have a great self-esteem, you don't have trust issues, that's pretty amazing but not everybody was raised or developed those things.

What Girls Said 3

• Well it's a good realization.. many girls struggle with self esteem issues and hurt a lot over it all the time. Even girls who look confident sometimes on the outside. I can't tell you why this is so for most women but I just know that for me rejection, past experiences and to a certain degree the media has been to blame for me getting insecure and feeling pressure.

• How is the media to blame for your own insecurities?

• @Asker

It places unrealistic expectations on us all the time about how we should look and what is considered beautiful. If you get thrown hot models all the time and see the hype they get then it's kinda normal to start to feel inadequate when you don't look that way.

• I used you didn't see the penis size questions right?

• The same reasons why guys do. Also because it's an advice sight where people seek for help so people with low selfesteem on here isn't really shocking.

What Guys Said 5

• Everyone has insurcurites regardless of your background, your entire life etc..

It's apart of being human and all comes together as the human experiance.

What's kinda sad is this pointless question

Maybe it's your subconsious mind hiding your deepest insecurities because you're actually sad and pathetic

I don't know who you think you are but let me tell you this: You're below and even more sad and pathetic then those who ask questions about their insurcurites.

• The media... social standards... porn... hollywood... combine that with an unhealthy upbringing, it's recipe for disaster.

• In the How Do I Look I would questions from the genders are getting closer - I reckon it is about 60/40 girl/guy at this stage.

• I can see why, a lot of women on here are imperfect.

• Because our society paints equally unrealistic pictures of both men and women, but women are put under a lot more pressure to meet these unrealistic standards.