How come mentions dont work sometimes?

Sometimes mentions just dont work, I've noticed it on other peoples opinions and comments too. The name is spelled right and everything

Most Helpful Girl

• probably a glitch.

Most Helpful Guy

• If they are anon they can't tag - Only other reason I can think of is being blocked but why would they tag if they are blocked - What I am saying in a long winded way is I don't know for sure you could always ask admin
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• I think I have worked it out - I have just seen one - When you don't need to tag - The asker tagged the opinion owner but there was no need because opinion owner will be notified about new comment in their opinion thread so they get one notification instead of two - I will tag you and see @JustinTheGreat

• Thats my theory down the drain

What Girls Said 2

• - You're blocked.
    - You're anonymous.
    - You've misspelled the user's name.
    - You've added spaces or extra marks in the tag.
    - There's a glitch in the system.

• Other than the obvious reasons.. I think if there's a something right beside it, it doesn't work.

Like - or , i've seen those used before, and once they got rid of those, it worked fine.

What Guys Said 1

• Here are the possibilities
    1) You're anonymous
    2) You spelled the name incorrectly
    3) There is a space between the at sign and the username