What do you feel about the control system on this site?

I mean where they are trying to control your language , trying to tell you about the things you aren't supposed to say, things that you can say but you can't joke about it, because they are not funny. Or something that you cannot say because people might find that offensive, so many limitations for rather invalid reasons, I do have a point when i say 'invalid' I am not shooting blind arrows here for example on the FAQ page you might have seen,

"Explicit – The post contains sexually explicit details (text, images, or videos) that are considered poor quality content. Also, explicit sexual responses to non-sexual Questions are also removed as Explicit.
- For example: ALL posts about incest and/or bestiality will be removed as Explicit."
First of all, 'text' ? Really? What are we even supposed to write in the sexual behaviour section then? Also including examples like incest/bestiality are completely out of topic, How can they even be classed under 'explicit' !! ? As a matter of fact, incest is allowed in Islam, So it feels as if you are rather trying to impose your own disinterest on the topic, rather than what the members desire. Which brings me to another important point to how hypocritic that is , because in most of them you clearly keep the members' interest of utmost importance. "that it will annoy our members" "about specific members in a negative way"

Again, this topic of 'nonsense' in it's own way is quite non-sensical. "posts that are irrelevant to girlsaskguys" , you have given us 18 different topics apart from G@G community and you say when we post in that topic, our post will be removed? Also, a dillema comes when asking sexual questions, don't give details, removed reason: Nonsense (not enough details) , too much detail , removed reason : Explicit.. just tell us, 'How much detail is enough detail ?' What in the world is wrong with homework? People can always help with homework, I mean what question is there that doesn't have an answer online? Helping people understand their homework is against your rules? Exceeds my logic.

Most Helpful Girl

• We all agreed to these rules when we joined. If you feel unhappy with them after you've joined then maybe GaG isn't' the right community for you right now?

Member posts aren't allowed because you aren't allowed to stalk or harass people on the site.

Nonsense posts are posts that don't ask a question usually. For instance if someone posts "Purple is the best color" in the question portion, it's removed because it's not actually asking a question.

If you're wondering why a specific post was removed you can message the admins at http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

Does that help clarify?

• Does that help clarify? Not at all, I can understand why something like "purple is the best color" is removed, but there are many other questions that are removed under the same topic. I mentioned some kind of them in my post, which I would like a decent comment on. Please stick to the topics/ examples I stated.

• Dude, I guarantee I have read the posting guidelines more than you have. Like WAY more XD

I'm telling you how the rules are interpreted. If you don't like the answers either move on or talk to the admins about them. You're so focused on one little thing you're missing the big picture. A question is more than a title.

Do you want people to be nice and help you or not?

• The first point is irrelevant, if a normal average christian claims he has read the bible more that Reza Aslan, I seriously doubt that proves anything. No parallelism to be drawn, just an example.

Actually there are many little things I am focused on , and those little things play a significant role in building the big picture.

And I don't give a shit if people are nice or not, help? sure.

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally remove posts as "antagonism" if it contains a set of harassment words clearly for the sake of just being an asshole to someone specifically, for example calling them a "bitch", "stupid", "imbecile", "retard", "you're a hideous landwhale" etc.

I remove things as nonsense if they truly don't contain any real questions, and I remove thing as offensive if it is like "all women are manipulative whores, don't you agree?" well obviously that question has no value.

Some mods certainly are a bit too militant to make sure the system doesn't mark them as inactive, though. But in such cases, I've found that the admins recognize it as a mistake, and unhide the posts.

• I don't have anything against the mods, I believe it's completely fine to give the mods some margin to which they can interpret the meaning of rules and have their own way of enforcing them.
      But when rules themselves are so vaguely stated, then the margin is widened by multiple folds, which can often lead to unfair decisions. I am stating some fallacies I found in the rules and I put it up for discussion here to see some fresh opinions or something I am not able to see. Since the limit was 2000 words I could only post about 2 of them.

• I didn't much : I am only giving out mho's to those who according to me gave more fucks.

• Oh. Well, I tried.

What Girls Said 6

• You agreed to follow these guidelines when you signed up, so there's no need for you to complain about them. If you don't like them then contact an admin or just leave the site. I'm guessing you had a post removed recently? Typically people who get their posts removed always whine about the guidelines.

• Do read other comments before posting to make sure what you have said is not already said on here. x

• I would not consider that rude in anysense, I wonder what made you think so.

• You came across as pretty passive aggressive, but that's just me I guess.

• It makes no sense to be angry about rules that you agreed to when you chose to sign-up.

• That's a rather harsh kind of enforcement, I am only finding the logical fallacies in them, if you think having logical fallacies in something you are following , is okay, then it's a rather ignorant outlook.

• I'm not saying the rules are perfect, I'm merely pointing out that you agreed to follow them. If you have issues with particular rules, then you should contact the admins.

• I believe checking if most users can relate with me on the points I made would be a stronger statement than reporting alone, what else do you think I am trying to do?

• You want to enter someone's house, you have to follow their rules. That's how it is in this world. You don't like the rules, you're free to leave. Nobody is imprisoning you, you know...

• There's a difference, guests are not giving the house owners their bread and butter. So I don't think that example can be completely validated.

• Sorry, But i don't understand that language.. At anytime you want me to stop, just say those 3 magical words.

• I understand where you're coming from, but please look up explicit in a dictionary. you seem a bit confused as to its actual meaning.

• You think too much. Are you rich and got nothing to do except gagging here a lot?

• really i agreee with i dont like it wht ever we want we should be able to post they dont have any ryt to delete it

What Guys Said 7

• its all about censorship. if they do not attempt to set "community standards or guidelines" then the Nazi Gestapo people that run the world media (+the governments and the i-net) will simply take over and censor everything they find offensive to their personal belief structure or their agenda. there have been other boards similar to GAG that have bowed to the oppressive pressure of censorship. this is a good forum to find answers to questions that need an answer that might not conform to customary, religious, socially accepted, or government regulated answers but without the freedom to express your unbiased opinion the questions asked here may as well go unspoken. enjoy your freedom to ask questions while it lasts. history doesn't repeat its self but ignorance does and censorship brings ignorance to bear on us all.

• Like the others said when you signed up, you were told there were guidelines which admin interpret as they see fit - Everybody that stays on the site as to abide by these rules and their interpretation - I have had stuff removed, I had to accept it and move on. I am sure you have it already but in case you don't here is admin's contact if you want to discuss your concerns
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• My stuff gets removed every other day :P I am used to it, I just don't like the logical fallacies that lies in these guidelines, I am just trying to make a better more enjoyable environment for myself.

• Well you were talking about the hugh satisfaction for drugging a girl and the good feeling of being able to rape her.

• Clearly you haven't read it completely to understand the pun in that, the pun was , there was no sex, it revolved around the statement, "slept with her" which has a double meaning, I joked about it, they didn't like it, they removed it. Game over.
      I believe you can joke about anything, you just need a little exaggeration at some point and an audience with a sense of humor.

• Hmm from a personal perspective... there are good and bad parts of gag... you did agree to the terms and conditions unfortunately and no amount of complaining will fix that. I think there is some kinks that still need to be worked out in the way moderators remove things, or the copious amounts of young girls showing off their body... nothing we can do but comment to an admin and leave. The simple truth.

• I don't give a fuck. I say what I want, they remove what they want, at the end of the day it's the fucking internet.

• But you are spending time and energy on it, aren't you, if you spend 5 minutes writing something down, and they remove it in 2 seconds, obviously you'll wonder, why the fuck did I waste my time writting it down.

• First, not everyone is a teenaged girl here. I am not trying to sell out my point here, I am only trying to state the logical fallacies I have experienced in the hope that they change it, purely out of self-interest. I want to make a better friendlier environment for myself. I don't have any duty or anything.

• I'm not trying to change your view, I'm just stating facts as I have experienced them.

• I think it mess with the first amendment, just because you don't like what someone says doesn't mean they can't say it

• Its all about legal protection for the website administrators. I completely #cosign @BellePepper