Is it bad that I hate atheists?

In my opinion there's no such thing as a nice atheist. I used to be an atheist myself and when I was an atheist, I was a complete asshole. That changed dramtically when I converted. I am now an Evangelical Protestant Christian. Atheists have no motivation to be a good person since they have no God. The number one rule of dealing with an atheist is don't deal with them. Block them on everything and have no contact with them at all or as little as possible. If they sit next to you in school or something, demand that the teacher moves their seat away from you. If you have an atheist co-worker. Don't engage in non work related conversations with them. Atheists are some of the worst people on the planet morally.

Psalm 14:1
To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

Deuteronomy 13:13-19
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."

Deuteronomy 17:12
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.

Most Helpful Girl

• But you're supposed to love thy neighbor, and thou shalt not judge.

Anyway, I'm not gonna tell you how to be a Christian, even though you're not doin' it right. I mean, Christians say theirs is a religion of love and that's what sets them apart from all the other religions, but I don't ever see that demonstrated. And I grew up and currently live in the bible belt.

I was very religious growing up but I slowly drifted away from traditional beliefs. I held my own beliefs about god and jesus, but that's a much longer story. But by the time I was 16 I realized that I didn't believe in jesus at all! And I didn't believe in a traditional god in any way. I'm agnostic, though I label myself as atheist, usually. I won't bother explaining my beliefs to someone very close minded, and ignorant.

You personally may have been a (bigger) asshole when you were atheist, you may not have had inspiration to be a good person, but newsflash, we are not all like you. There are millions of atheists...

I don't need the threat of eternal hellfire to set me straight. I don't need commandments from an ancient text to tell me how to live. I don't need to be TOLD not to kill, steal, lie, cheat, etc etc to know that its wrong. I have a strong moral compass all on my own. If you need those things to be a good person, the tragic truth is that... you're not a good person at all.

• And honestly does it not strike you as just a liiiiittle confusing that god commands you not to kill and to love thy neighbor but also says kill the atheist sons of bitches?

Most Helpful Guy

• Thee absence of belief in God does not equal an absence in morals. There are plenty of philosophies that deal with how to act and present oneself as a good human being. I don't need God to tell me not to kill. I already know to deny somebody their autonomy is wrong. It seems to me you argue the only thing keeping you from doing wrong is that you'll be punished by God. And that's a terrifying line of thinking. For me, what's keeping me from doing wrong is the idea that I should treat others the way I want to be treated. With respect and kindness. There's plenty of motivation to be a good person without God.

It's so warped how people twist Bible verses so they can find reasons to hate. It's harder to find ways to connect with people who have different viewpoints, but boy does it make a difference if we want to make the world a better place. You've closed yourself off to any new ideas. You use religion as a reason to attack and hate. I'll take an atheist, agnostic, Buddhist, or anyone else over you any day bud. Block me, please.

What Girls Said 20

• I thought Christianity was all about peace and love and acceptance now instead of fire and brimstone and damnation.

• You don't need an imaginary friend in order to know that hurting other people and being a dick is wrong. You don't need an imaginary friend in order to have empathy.

• Well by throwing the term "imaginary friend" at him, you're showing you're just as bigoted as he is.

Intolerance against intolerance is still intolerance.

• Just throwing it back at him. I'm not going to respect someone who doesn't have respect for others. @englishartsteacher

• Hahaha. You don't need religion to be a good person.
    There's a lot of assholes. Athiests and Christians.

• Yeah its not good. Because they are not all the same.

• Cool, but you forgot to mention Matthew's "love your enemies".

• As a Christian, we are not to hate. I've met really rude atheist and I've met some pretty cool ones. I'm not going to dislike all of them based off of the actions of a few. As long as they are respectful of my beliefs then they're ok with me.

• Do not need to hate. I understand you do not agree with them. But Respect them. You do your thing. They do their thing.

• I don't need to believe in a higher power to be good. My motivation to be good is that it feels good to be good. I'm sorry you didn't feel the same way.

• I think there are kind people and there are unkind people and neither is mutually exclusive to your belief system. I understand the belief in a higher power, I understand the worship of deities and of religious edifices built around statues people bow down to as a God. I understand wanting to abide by the ten commandments or by the Kuran or by the Bhagwat Geeta. And yes - that gives a structure for a worshiper to live by. It instills fear of consequence, albeit in the form of a lightning strike. So, as somebody with an open mind, I understand the wanting of these rules to abide.
    But I don't believe in it. However, I do believe in the Theory of Evolution. And that teaches me that we are animals. By nature, we want to survive, but we want our own to survive as well - thrive even. An average human being has morals of society. I don't think reading a book written 35 centuries ago makes a person any more morally sound than anybody else.
    I think belief is a personal choice, and the moment you start losing that rationality - you, as a "religious" person, become a dangerous fanatic.

• Yea, you're actually a really terrible person.

• I don't believe in any religion yet i never call myself an atheist. I've always hated that word due to how much people hate on it. So I rather not call myself that.

Just because someone doesn't believe in a god doesn't mean they don't have any morals. You don't need some god to tell you how to be a good person and how to live right.

• It's against your religion to hate and judge isn't it?
    I'm a bitch (in a joking way) but I have morals too you know. Instead of a religion I follow philosophers such as Immanuel Kant and Thoreau. Their ideas of morality seem more reasonable to me.

• Yikes used to be an atheist? Mark 3:29 pal. You're still going to hell :/

• It's great you are christian now but if you are a true christian you don't hate anyone. Jesus tells us to love everyone.

• why not let God do the judging? Bible even states if you judge someone they judge right back.

• And...20 just fell into your trap. Good one.

• its not bad its just your opinion.

• Having a prejudice is usually wrong, yes. Not all are the same... there's no way someone can know every single person on earth to make assumptions saying "I hate/love all ---". Plus I thought Christianity was about spreading love, and being understanding? Why hate?

• You sound prejudice and bitter

• I believe in God , but i don't have a religion. I love talking to religious people because they aren't arrogant and they can have a non confrontational debate. Religious people can back up their faith by chapter and verse.

I find athiests very aggressive , argumentitive and confrontational. They can never answer my genuine questions.. they just get angry because they can't back up their beliefs.

I hate athiests, not because of their lack of faith in God , because all of the ones i have met are awful people, and angry people.

• If you believe in God, by definition, you have a religion. You're a Christian.

• @LexiPie No, she's a deist, look it up

• I also find religious people intelligent and respectful too, unlike athiests. Religious people have proven to me that God exists... athiests have proven they have no foundation for their belief.

• I thought Christanity was about love and acceptance, but yet you're here hating people that you don't even know and condeming them to hell.

• The bible also says to "love thy neighbor".

What Guys Said 36

• Atheists have motivation to be a good person. It's called a "conscience." There is no one they can ask for therapeutic forgiveness so they can live with themselves if they wrong someone (other than the person they wronged, of course). Religious people, on the other hand, are granted license to be bad, as long as they can find some scripture they can interpret as justification for it. So, if your neighbor's dog barks through the night and you want to kill it to shut it up, just find some scripture that tells a story about how god wiped out a village for being too loud and viola! You have permission to kill your neighbor's dog, guilt free.

• oh. to answer your question: yes. hate is bad. That's one of those things your religion excuses, though, so you can get away with doing it guilt free. But an atheist can't hate you without feeling guilty about it (unless they are a sociopath or something..)

• It sounds like you were an asshole when left to your own devices. You apparently need a controlling factor influencing your life, which is a shame.

Atheists have plenty of motivation to be good people. In fact, most of us genuinely want to be a good person because it's the better way to live. Unlike many theists, who's sole motivation in living a good life is because they think they will be judged negatively by God and won't get into heaven.

There are plenty of theists today and throughout history that did awful things in the name of God.

Wake up and stop being brainwashed. Whether someone is 'good' or not generally comes down to an individual's case by case basis. It rarely has anything to do with whether they believe in God or not.

• "In my opinion there's no such thing as a nice atheist. I used to be an atheist myself and when I was an atheist, I was a complete asshole. That changed dramtically when I converted."

This is complete bs you're still an asshole because you are literally asking if it is okay to hate people. This is what most people do not understand about religion/atheism. Dude you have been essentially the same person just with different beliefs. You can be a bad/good atheist, changing your beliefs doesn't change your acts and it doesn't change your morals; it might but it doesn't have to. You have to change them. So far you a re preaching hate. Not too sure that was what Jesus was preaching but hey maybe that's just you.

• Actually, you can use laws, or utilitarianism, or hedonism as a basis of your actions along with "don't do things to others that you wouldn't want to have done to you" and bam, you're no longer an asshole.

Fascinating, because religion has nothing to do with it. Maybe all you need to do to be a better person is be a bit less spiteful.

• this wisdom is exactly what religion is supposed to teach but people who need religion and listen to the preachers still don´t get it... and then there are people who just know it. impressing.

• Yes, it is bad (1 Peter 3:15-16).

• Well then u hate me…

I'm agnostic. I don't know what to believe. Except for proof. I believe that, if u show me physical evidence God is real, I'll convert.

• I believe in personal morals - I don't need a god to tell me what is right or wrong - You have your faith and I respect that but you have to respect my beliefs too.
    wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...en-Rule.jpg

• Stop projecting yourself onto others lol

• I dont like anyone of any religion pushing their beliefs down my throat. The ones that try to convert you and tell you that their beliefs are wrong and theirs are right. Its fucking annoying. If you believe in God, great. If you dont believe in God, cool. I dont care. Believe what you want, do your thing. Im not going to tell you you're wrong.
    Why can't everyone think of it like this when it comes to religion.
    99gifs.com/.../50520130afa96f3f59000204.gif

• I'm with you, in that I find the militant atheists who froth with hatred at Christianity loathsome. For starters, in a world with Islam on the march, they are picking the easy target, like the leftist cowards they usually are. Second, the political leftism aforementioned.

But third and above all, why don't they just not care? They do their thing and you do yours. Unless the evangelical is prostelytizing in their faces, which I understand could annoy them, can't they just *not care*?

As for me, I *hate* the Lord (long story, I will explain later) but I'm not going to make life miserable for those who love Him.

• Here I am, an Atheist, reading this.

If it helps, I base my morality PRIMARILY on Episcopalianism, as that is the branch of Christianity my parents are, and they taught me my morality.

I don't feel like I need the threat of eternal damnation to keep me being a good person, and personally, I think that the God of The Bible is not really worthy of worship, as MANY of the things that he does in The Bible conflict with my personal morality, given that many things in The Bible directly conflict with Episcopalianism.

• wow you "really" have to try hard to read all this hate into the bible. i´ve never dealt with it in depth but last time i checked, the bible tought love and tolerance instead of antagonism.
    if a person doesn´t believe in the stuff you believe, there is no good reason to hate him/her just for that.

• Well, don't Christians say that you have to love everyone? Didn't Jesus forgive the ones who crucified him? Then you shouldn't hate atheists, because, according to the Christian logic, God does't hate them.

• No offense but you still seem like an asshole to me.. It's not religion what makes a person good or bad. As for the morality part that is just the old stereotype. What you are saying is that atheists are to be avoided because they are among the worst people when it comes to morality but to tell the truth you show no trace of morality yourself right now. And looking at the verses you posted , how rich in morality do you think they are? Especially the third one. Do you really think that things are supposed to be that way?

• I don't have a burning hatred of atheists as you do, but i agree that they have no incentive to be good people, since they think everyone will just rot in the ground some day. At least i can respect Buddhists, or Muslims, or Hindus, etc. cuz they at least have some motivation to be good people.

• No I hate all theist lol and troll detected :)
    you sir need some troll serum
    http://i.imgur.com/wAbjDPS.png

• I say you're still an atheist.

• It's funny because I'm an Atheist and I am one of the most helpful and moral people I know. It's funny that Christians tell others how moral they are but when someone needs help they don't give a damn.

• Yeah , everyone has a right to believe what they want and a preference, they are not all bad, I know some

• Do you hate agnostics too?

• No its not okie if someone hate u hate him back but don't hate him just coz he is atheist that's messed up man

• ok u can hate me whatever u want :P i dont care not even at all.. But i hear something like Love others? love the next man or something like that. i think people dont have too love or hate for reasons! but they have to respect. and hate its a haist of time anyway :P so do it its your problem :)

• Yes, cause it's not exactly good to hate anything.

• Lol since your religion is based on love, yeah its really bad. You're going to hell i guess.

Sucks :\

• Well, everyone has the right to believe what they want, but that's very cruel. If you only are a nice person to please your "God", then you have no empathy and you are a bad person naturally.

• So, if you could kill all atheists from the world with the push of a button, would you do it?

• We all can see that you used to be a radical. But your converting didn't change it. A fanatic is always fanatic. Unless you don't try to change your thinking system instead of your religion.

• they are too harsh in pushing their beleifs and attack too much

ist the athiests that are too pushy, not pp of faith

• Where is the part in the bible where Jesus instructed his disciples to hate thy neighbour?

• I hate them too.

• More from Guys
    6