Why do people actually give a crap about people's opinions on here?

Mostly the guys tbh. The guys on here certainly DO NOT represent typical guys irl so why do people actually care about their opinions especially for rate me questions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe that very few GAGers will ever meet. Most that I have spoken to at length here are here for the same reason as me. Because we will never meet, we can give honest answers to questions we feel we can give a constructive answer to. It is no harder being honest and open than it is to be a troll or give a stupid answer. What we say may not be what is hoped for, but at least we are being truthful in our opinions. Rate me questions are usually from ladies who are genuinely concerned as to how they look. I bet there are quite a few on here that have had some very un-necessary hurtful remarks aimed at them, purely out of spite, not because the remarks are true!

Most Helpful Girl

• Why ask the question when you don't care about the answer?

• Did I say I don't care about the answer?

What Guys Said 16

• Asks question which requires opinions, yet states doesn't care about opinions.

31.media.tumblr.com/.../...iul2I41sprs4oo1_400.gif

• Dude I'm not asking a rate me question am I?

• and the girls are very accurate with their representation lol!
    regarding rate questions... well, if you are ugly in rl, you will know lol, if you are good looking you will know, and if you are avg you will know
    people come here for an ego boost, or reassurance

• Are people different on the internet than they are in real life - Some may be harsher, some may be kinder so it probably balances itself out - In fairness a lot depends on the questions you answer, I think it is fairly reflective of society today.

• i guess you have to use common sense in order to find out, which answers are actually credible "normal" people. but if you sift through the shit, i think you can find interesting answers here. why do you think pepople here are not representative of "real" people?

• Mpay are just losers in life.

• Most*

• wow that sounds so condescending. just because a person might not have achived what you deem to be important, doesn´t make the person a loser.
      yeah people have problems and sometimes struggle and get agressive to other people on the internet for no good reason.
      yeah there are people with strange opinions on here but i think it´s more interesting to try and understand than just laying those people off as a loser.
      it´s important to keep a positiv attitude in my opinion.

• If you can't take the truth, then don't ask. We all have different views in terms of views on appearance.

• Some people give decent opinions. This site can be useful if you sort through the BS

• I think people are more honest here then in real life

Real life you have a certain standard and etiquette to follow, on the net you can speak your mind

• Shall we start by not giving a crap about what you think, Anonymous Coward?

• you respect the views of others, but only take on board what has merit to you

• lol, everyone is different. You might not care about rate me questions, but the website allows it for people who do. And what makes you think that all the girls fully represent their picture...

• From what I witnessed: Some do, some don't.

• The real question is why are you're here my dear?

• To troll, my love.

• Could very well be, sweet one.

• ba humbug, always wanted to say that lol

• Oh hey another man shaming topic. Haven't seen this before...

• Just making up for all the misogynistic ones :)

• If you don't care about the opinions at all... then there isn't much point in using a QA site, now is there?

... so...

Why are you here?

• Some give enough about it to block others because of an opinion they wrote. (even if it wasn't a reply to them)

• The rate me questions don't work you get rated a 9 sometimes you get rated a 4 other times. Your picture doesn't hold a accurate view of the person if you saw them in person you could rate them because your not hiding behind a photo that theve edited or took at an angle that makes them look good.

What Girls Said 7

• Partly because they ARE so nuts, it does get rather amusing sometimes when you get into a "debate" with them. They have some crazy ideas about how the world works!

• Rate me questions if ur clearly attractive seem like an ego boost sometimes but not always

• They need people to tell them how good they look because they have such little confidence and thrive on other people complimenting them on their appearance because society including myself judge people on looks automatically even if we dont know it.

• I think the how do I look ones can be funny and cute. why not take them seriously?

• they just want to see other people's perspectives.

• Usually people get affected emotionally even though they claim that they don't.

• That XPer!

Some do care. Others just want the points. Some might want both.