Why are people on G@G so mean?

I feel like crying almost. It's literally almost everywhere on G@G, except for the pointless questions that are not asking for advice. There's all the pessimistic people that even if you post something powerful or positive, they always have to come out and only focus on the negative of that question or Take. Why is it like this? It's so frustrating. It's almost like people on GaG don't WANT to give advice anymore, or want to be positive, and only want to say mean things to them and such.

The G@G community is great and I love this website, but I've just noticed some negativity which has inspired me to ask this question. ❤️

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how you feel. I have had people loose it with me when I have actually never said anything offensive. I once was stating a fact that is different between men and women, I was not sexist about it at all and I said it in a nice way and this girl gets mean and calls me names. I have also had random mean comments on my questions from people and then the person block me fast before I can reply. Also people start up new accounts after I have blocked them to have the last word then delete the account. Some people just get their undies in a twist about the tiny little things.

• People are just immature sometimes.

• Thank you for your advice❤️

• You are welcome. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't let it get you down, @RainbowFanGirl, it's the Internet, and people, no matter, feel the can slam a bam whenever they feel like it because it IS behind the cozy computer curtain.
    I have had a few guys on here, dear, give me their strong rude and rude opinions of Questions I have asked or even Answered, in regards to the world, politics, religion even. If they get too much out of hand where they will Not "Shuttyville," I block them and move on.
    I have too many friends and followers/following to be bothered with people like this, and the sooner you realize this on GAG or just any media site, the sooner you will suck it up and accept the way people are... Even offline as well, sweetie.
    Good luck and I think you are a fantastic person. xx

• Thanks Paris. I'm just too nice and I don't block people. I just feel like I'm being mean if I do that. It gets hard though and I get frustrated and such. 👿

• Thanks❤️❤️❤️

• So welcome, and the older you get, the wiser you will get, believe me.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 21

• There's no crying in baseball.

But seriously don't let people on the internet get to you. Life is too short for that crap.

• I know it's dumb, and I have a great life off of here now. It's just really frustrating. Thanks.

• I was going to say "you do you boo" but I'm just not that hip.

And I hate it when people call each other boo. Or Bae. Oh geez

• Haha me too

• Hi, just read your question and comments. I am not going to answer your question because it won't really help. However i would like to offer some advice that has really helped me in my life to overcome "very mild" depression. Whatever i face in the world whether it be people being mean, angry, tempered... etc... i always use one technique that has helped me tremendously. It takes a while for you to start noticing results and is definitely not an overnight solution, but with time and consistent practice it will bring "calmness" to your mind. Please read my take on meditation. I find that it has helped me so much in my daily life to focus and concentrate. Hope it helps :) Take care

• I have the impression that you're very emotional and sensitive because I have seen you whining (excuse the word but it's true) about gagers before. Look, if you don't like harsh criticism or outright douchebagery (and you will not ever get rid of it), then don't come here. It's almost like complaining about kids teasing you in school if you let them - it's a given that it will happen.

• I am. I have depression and I take medication for it. And I come here because most of the people here are cool, and I don't want to leave that behind. Also I like to write and share ideas here. :) I don't mean to complain, and I'm sorry if it came off like that. I'll just keep my mouth shut next time. I just noticed that G@G has gotten really pessimistic from when I first joined last year.

• Well everyone has stuff in their closet. Me too. But I do my best to not let it spill over.

• I try too too. Sometimes it gets to be too much.

• When I feel like that I analyse the site and pick the positive areas of the site to keep me upbeat. If you dwell too much on the negativity, you have achieved their purpose and allowed yourself to be brought down.

• What I think would be the best to do is this (not that I'm saying I'm capable of doing it myself, it's very hard, I know) -- Just ignore them, keep calm and think rationally. Or take those also as positive if you can -- as an opportunity to learn how to deal with the mean people in a better way. We can't expect the world to be perfect, and there will be mean people we will have to deal with in future. So, each time, try to get as less frustrated as you can (using those mean people as tools for that purpose). That's a useful skill you can develop gradually over time. (Anyway, that's hard for myself as well). s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...4bfb5bb619.jpg

• Yeah your right. Thanks for the advice.

• You're welcome. Hope you'd find happiness and peace.

• Louis CK said it best. When you upset someone in real life, you see their face and learn to not make people sad. On the internet, you don't see the consequences of your actions, you only feel relief that you unloaded all of your hate and insecurity into the keyboard.

• There are mean people everywhere unfortunately. All we can do is ignoring them.

• I don't feel like there's a lot of mean people. I might not notice because it doesn't bother me when they are though

• There are though... I posted a take a few days ago and these guys were just so rude to me and it made me cry.

• Just don't let it discourage you. Doing that is like admitting defeat to those people who isn't even worth your time.

• I know I will try now to

• People on this website need to chill out

• I know

• I hanever said that I hate it. I'm the guy that makes fun of oeople to see their reactions to end my boredom. But I do hate arguing over pointless shit.

• I dunno what to say. I'm one of the very few nice guys here. I'm always respectful of women, helping other men and standing up for the little guys.

• Most of the guys here are too honest or negative, only saying things to just be rude and mean. Yeah.

• I agree with you

• No real consequences.

• Not all of em are but then again its the "Internet"

• Really peoples can be very rude and weird in internet. Dont care them...😒

• people are mean to unaesthetic people.

• Ugh... You just went on one of my takes and called me fat though.

Yep though. People are unaesthic.

• I'm not political, i try not to BS and I give real answers which people usually don't want to hear.

U won't hear shit like "just be confident" from me, because that's not how thing work.

• Well I'm not fat anymore. If you read my take you would've known that I lost 40 pounds and that I'm eating losts of fruit and vegetables that are causing me to shed more.

Though that comment did not help one bit. It made me want to cry because even with all the effort I'm putting in people still have the nerve to be mean.

• sorry ma'am. I'll try not to do it again, ma'am.

• http://i.imgur.com/s5cwCQY.jpg
    take this approach with all the haters

• because you're just as mean..

• Uh huh. I put people down all the time on here

• You always try to make me sad and depressed on here it's not working...

• i don't... i just say whatever... i like how it offends you whenever i comment, which is why i do.. haha..

• Because maybe you deserve every single bit of the meanness :)

• What did I do?

• I love you

• ok thanks, you like strawberry flavoured kon domes?

• Look at the demographic of GAG

• It's mostly the older people in my experiences though.

• Exactly, look at the demographics of the site

• I feel the same way. They always assume the worst. Bullying on people. Sometimes they'll even team up and bully the asker.

• Sometimes, yeah.

• Yeah. I think we all have been jerks on here from time to time. I know I have. Still I find it consistent in some. Not all. I also feel GAG isn't a community like it used to be.

• You.'re totally right. After some people left, it just doesn't feel as cozy as it did anymore.

What Girls Said 18

• I totally understand what you're saying, I have experienced more then my fair share of mean people on here and it feels sometimes like I'm being bullied again like I was in middle school. And, it's because of that that I know people are people no matter where you go. People say "don't let people online get to you" but no one understands people online are people who are in this world the only difference the internet gives them a screen to hide behind, so they can be even meaner.

So, it's not just a GAG thing. It's a people in general thing, people can be mean. But, I don't deny that people on here can be more then a little harsh and it can be hurtful.

• Yeah... You're totally right... It's so frustrating to me. Ugh... I posted a take about a life experience and I had people totally dismiss what I had to say just to say something pessimistic.

Thanks for your comment I agree.

• You're welcome and I know what you mean, I just went through that with a take I posted. People completely twisted what I said and were very rude to me, so I ended up writing a revised take of that take to explain what I meant, that's how much what people were saying bothered me.

• GAG is the equivalent of HEll where most people have no backbone, hope, no dreams but are true push overs for the dark ones. This place seems to be pulling all the negative forces together and people who feed it are th ones making it stronger and stronger until all the regular good folks see no point in attendng. They are not here to save anyone because there is no one to save but they are the ones who have to pull their heads out of the mud.

• Don't be sad! I'm here for you, you can always message me 😌
    Many people on here are frustrated and sad themselves, they put others down to make themselves feel more powerful. People can be cruel on here in very insidious ways.
    I'm here for you 😊

• Thank you so much❤️

• Hmmm, I think there is a general pessimism in some people.

In relation to MyTakes, I think it's ok to question some. There's nothing wrong with trying to improve things or understand more clearly.

But we should all be nice :) We're all people. Yeah, we get a little pissy at times. But most of the time we should try to be nice.

• True. Sometimes people on here just make me sad sometimes though. :(

• Yep. I blocked him though.😂 he's gone now.

• Ahh that kind of riled up. Well good riddance to him.

• ohhh honey if i could i would give you a hug because i used to be just like you. it got so bad i impulsively deleted my account was happy for awhile but then i missed some people.
    so i came back and am staying away from the pessimists but instead of caring too much about someone who does not care about me, this is my response to the assholes on the internet.
    i3.kym-cdn.com/.../d69.gif

• I was also thinking about... That too, but then I just couldn't. There are many great people on here despite the pessimistic people. Thank you. I could really use a hug right now.

• Gag has lost its community feel. I believe it was much more nicer several months back.

But it's GaG. Take a break from GaG and come back on when you feel better. I usually just eliminate myself from negativity. I find it easier to deal with it that way, then come back to it.

• Yeah, I did that before in the summer, then I came back after a while. Thanks so much. :)

• :) yeah it helps to take a couple days off or even longer off gag. It's ok

• Thank you :)

• Don't worry cause one day you'll be living in a big old city and all they're ever gonna be is mean...

http://youtu.be/jYa1eI1hpDE

😊

• I love Taylor Swift haha

Thank you girly

• I know what you mean. It's ridiculous. I'm so sorry that it has brought you down. It shouldn't be like that. Some people are just miserable and misery loves company.

• Thank you... 😔 I know I shoukdn't be complaining but I'm just curious as to why.

• Oh, it is fine. It is perfectly healthy to let it out. I have noticed this from people aince day one. It bothered me for a while. Now, I ignore those people. They won't go away, but we can find ways to deal with them that best suits us as individuals. Don't let anyone drag you down. : )

• Ugh girl, you can let people on the Internet get to you. They have anonymity so all their bitterness comes out. Just brush it off and continue being awesome.

• Thanks... It's just really frustrating.

• I know. But they're really not worth your frustration lol.

• Normally when those people respond like that after you try to help them. They just can't be helped. No matter what you say they won't listen. So the best thing is to not reply again and just move on to someone who actually appreciates your help. :)

• Okay thanks for the advice :)

• Girl, I can totally relate. I felt the same way before. Now, I'm just hoping that I won't be dealing with the negativity I've encountered on gag before. From my experience, gag is far from being the nicest community.
    Be nice people!

• I'm not mean, I'm nice :) <3

• I like most gagers so don't share your opinion.

If u want to chat, feel free to pm me.
    Peace xo

• It is like life. Some People are nice some People are not.
    But believe or not mostly of People on here are really trying to help.

• This is the Internet, a place where many trolls and many reclused losers dwell and feed and spread their toxicity around. Don't let it get to you

• It's always gonna be like that on here. Best thing to do is ignore it... some are trolls, some just wanna get under your skin just to see your reaction...

• Yeah I know the feeling, I know the best thing to do is just ignore them but it's just so hard 😐

• I can relate to how you feel. I left GaG , because of the very reasons you have stated. I came back , because i missed helping people. I know there's a lot of genuine people who feel discouraged, so i came back for the sole purpose of being there for people who need a listening ear.

I came back with a fresh new outlook , and i am happier for it. You are one of the few nicer GaGers and it is people like you which help to inspire others to stay when they have second thoughts about leaving.

A lot of people who use gag are deeply troubled with many issues , so they treat others bad in order to heal themselves. There is a lot of diversity on gag so i have decided to ignore those who are negative or aggressive. 💛💐