Could this be one of the reasons why people post anonymously?

I know that when you're anonymous users don't have an ability to click on your user name or anything, so then they aren't able to block you. There's been several times I've been in a discussion with someone and they'll try to come up with their most "clever" -_- response and block you immediately after so it appears you've been bested by what they said, lmao. I personally think it's lame and annoying and it really makes you question why they're even posting or asking things if they can't handle an alternative opinion? Do you think this is why some people go anon. so they can't be blocked and continue their discussion? Honestly it sounds like a good idea to me whenever something involves a touchy subject.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't post Anonymously when answering, though I've asked a single question on this site which I asked Anonymously, purely because the question was too "out of character" for me.

People might start thinking I'm not actually a huge asshole, or something.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a possibility to explain why some use the anonymous feature. It's easier for them to hide behind anonymity for those harder to discuss topics without being judged as much since only administrators can see their usernames.

What Guys Said 15

• I think a lot of girls go anon on sex questions to avoid those creepy indian messages. Trolls do it for obvious reasons.

• Ahh Indians. Will there ever be a less desired race of people?

• @allahu_snackbar

Honestly I've noticed it on pretty much every site there's ever been an Indian presence, on. I guess in retrospect I can't "really" slam them too hard, it's obviously a cultural thing where Indians just act differently to people in the west.

That doesn't excuse it necessarily, but Indians do seem to pretty clearly approach things in a much more "brash" way than people here, do. I guess in that respect I somewhat envy them. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

Apparently India also has a pretty large imbalance of men to women, so that might explain why Indian guys are so forthright.

• @RexCatholicissimus I think they must know it's wrong, especially given the reaction they get. Some Indians are cool and others aren't, but the ones who are't really are a massive pain in the ass in a way that no other race can top! You wrote pretty eloquently about thirstyness! lol

• If you are anonymous, only that specific opinion is blocked from being responded to, but the person themselves cannot be blocked by profile. Which is a smart move, considering a LOT of people believe that a differing viewpoint is considered "harassment" and "offensive", which, I personally don't understand at all.

• Could be - I have noticed I wanted to end thread on an opinion and there is no block option - You know when some people hook you in and won't let go

• I know!! When it happens to me I just comment on another persons opinion on the question "Ahhh the coward blocked me :D" They can only block you from responding under your opinion I think

• I go anonymous if what I am saying is somewhat personal information.

But I hardly go anonymous anymore. I almost never do.

• anons can be blocked though, by the QA that is.

• The only reason i went anon is only when i talked about ma deepest feelings or needed help from sum life experiences cuz i dont like people seeing how i feel cuz it makes meh looks silly and feel embarrassed about it so thats the only time when im go anon.

• I can understand your reasoning, but feelings aren't silly. They're what makes us human.

• Lol! Well at least you have some way of receiving help without feeling too uncomfortable. It's important that you get support too and if anon. does that, then it's serving it's purpose well.

• I rove yhuuuuuuu👄💋

• the only reason i go anon is if inwant to say something and i don't want anyone to know its me.

• anonymous response was basically maid for those who feel shy or shame sometimes. but those who misuse this feature should be stopped.
    we can suggest that block feature to be working for anonymous persons.
    is that fair enough?

• Well, in order for that to happen it would need to connect you with their profile, it wouldn't be anon. after would it?

• That is true, maybe there's some complications in that we aren't able to see, but it couldn't hurt to offer it as a suggestion.

• you can put your suggestion what ever it is... and let the people in charge to decide whether to consider it or not.

• There are many reasons andI try not to think about it.

• Yeah but why would you want to talk to someone with so much vanity?

• I hate that

• Like now I usually answer anonymously when I am asking a question or giving an answer which I am ashamed of.

• I post anon because I'm here to answer questions, not socialize.

• personally i post anonymously coz i fuckin hate my username... i don't wanna see ma ridiculous username appearin on comments..."anonymous" sounds kinda better than it...

and i don't wanna be "popular" anymore... if u post often then u'll become popular... it's unavoidable unfortunately... :|

anyway after all i'm gonna change ma username at 10/16 xactly... i just gotta be patient...

and of course as anon i'd not even consider insultin another member,... nor i'd troll on any question... reasons dat i go anon r those i xplained above and ONLY... ;)

• well klaatu you can't insult other members cause you're a mod lol

• @BertMacklinFBI

lel I love how I could tell it was him just from his posting style alone

I don't even need to be an admin for that shit, the way he posts is too damn specific not to notice.

• @RexCatholicissimus its all too obvious hahaa

okay klaatu my bad, I won't reveal you from this point on, only good puns. XD

What Girls Said 8

• This has happened to me several times actually... getting blocked after not even saying anything mildly challenging. Oh well :) Let them hide behind their anon if it makes them happy. I'm sure not all of them are anon for that reason always either.

• No I meant do people go anon. so they can't be blocked lol. Several times people have blocked me as well just because I didn't agree. xD I was curious to see if some anon. users do so to avoid that happening.

• I only post anon, when I'm talking about a guy that I like, because I don't want anyone to find out its him, just in case he uses this site, and/or his brothers etc etc.

• That just happen to me this girl post a question about wanting to purposely break a guy heart because men can do and they call just call players and get a tap on the back. I told her she sounds like a bitch and she call me a clown then made it so I can't even responded to my own opinion. People like her are so wow. I agree with you.

• I don't know, the only time I go anon is by accident or if I just wanna mess with someone in a joking maner...

• I don't go anon all the time. I just say what I want to say.

• Im something anonymous because then I won't get blocked ;)

• I go anon so I don't get private messages. I've been blocked before when I wasn't anon, for answering an opinion honestly and without hostility... it wasn't even the asker. But that's ok, I blocked him as well, so I don't have to see his racist comments.

But your reasoning could apply to others, for sure. If someone starts arguing with me I don't answer them, just tell them to have a nice day or whatever.

• I do it cause it's just a habit at this point lol