Have you noticed that there seems to be a high tolerance for racist and misogynistic questions and comments on GAG?

It seems that many sexually explicit questions are removed, but not those that are clearly race baiting or misogynistic. I also notice that if you respond to someone's insulting post, you are made out to be the person in the wrong and deleted. Is there any rhyme or reason to how this is decided?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes it's difficult to catch offensive things off the bat. We can't always be on here all the time to catch bad things. We try... I know I do. I don't think there's something to be a tolerance of anything that is violating our guidelines. Please be sure to report these things. It will be a huge help to getting rid of toxic things on here in quicker manner.

Most Helpful Guy

• I find it is the trolls being clever - With a sexual offensive post there is no room for interpretative argument but in the other questions there is wriggle room - "Why do black guys go for black girls?", clearly this is a baiting question but if admin took it , the troll would say what did I do wrong I was only asking a "For Instance".

What Girls Said 4

• The moderation system will never be flawless, that's what needs to be understood. There are A LOT of grey areas and subjectivity comes into play often. However, I try to be as objective as possible when removing posts.

• Some need to try a LOT harder being objective when removing posts! There's clearly a lot of bias going on here!

• Its because of how they are worded. Unfortunately that shit gets past the guidelines.

• I've noticed!

• "I also notice that if you respond to someone's insulting post, you are made out to be the person in the wrong and deleted." - That's what pisses me off the most about GaG. I fucking hate those biased mods and admins. But I don't really care about the racist questions and comments.

• Why don't you care about racist questions and comments?

• Well, in your case, I hope they continue to delete your racist questions and statements!

• Bahaha, alright, mr.

What Guys Said 4

• can you provide any links?

some race baiting questions that don't get removed are like "are white people really better than black people? and then in the description it will say something innocent like "because that's how I was raised and my living conditions made it seem so"

the question itself is worded carefully and the description seems innocent, even though most people would guess its some troll race baiting, mods can't hide it just because they think its race baiting, it has to break posting guidelines. the title was legit because it was asking a question, not making a definitive racist statement, and the description details support legitimacy of said title.

that's just 1 example lol.

• I mean the ones like "why do black people whine...".. or "girls are just.. Shit like that where a judgment or insulting generalization is made...

• they thought it "wasn't offensive enough", that sounds like a load of bull right lol.

• When all is said and done the censorship here is badly judged and inconsistent, I stopped giving a shit about it quite a while back.

• I just wish there was some sort of system for blocking people that respond derisively, unhelpfully or in a condescending manner when someone has an honest question they want answered. If someone opens up to the internet about a problem, they deserve actual, thought out answers, not pointless, rude, disrespectful comments that do nothing to answer the question.

• only if it is a minority being raciest, or feminist posts. I think it is because they pick the most sensitive people to be moderators

• Could you please clarify what you mean?

• you can have black people slamming white people and nothing happens, same with feminists abusing men, if they were switched they would taken off almost immediately