Would it be dumb to block someone just because you don't like them?

There's someone on here who has done nothing wrong to me. We have never actually spoken. But I HATE their opinions. Whenever they answer my or any other persons question, they are always sarcastic and rude. And it's annoying. Would it be dumb to block them even though they've done nothing wrong to me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I don't block people unless they harass me with private messages (pervy ones). Even with them, as soon as I think it's been a long time since they last messaged me and I'm pretty sure they've forgotten about me and most likely won't harass me again, then I unblock them. I dunno. I just think it's stupid to block people. I've been blocked several times and while I don't care, I still wonder why the person would block me. It'd be nice to know the reason just because I'm curious. It doesn't matter that they block me. I'm just curious as to why they would.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have blocked people I don't like without ever interacting with them based on their opinions.

What Girls Said 8

• it wouldn't be dumb at all. the block feature is there for your use. if someone is pissing u off for legit reasons, then u have every right to block them.

im not sure why people here feel so guilty about using the feature lol. dont beat urself up over it.

• I don't see what's wrong with it. Not that I do it or anything. For me there will always be people I dislike but I just accept it for what it is and ignore those people.

• Even if you block them, you're still going to see any opinions or comments they post if you read a question they posted on. So it doesn't make sense to block just because you don't like reading their opinions - you're still going to see their posts. You just won't see their activity.

Blocking is more for when you feel that person is bothering you, harassing you, trolling, etc.

• no. if you dont care what they have to say then block them so you dont have to see it.

• Yes I think it is. I don't normally block someone unless they ask for sexually favors or start something with me

• Nothing wrong with it. Do what makes you comfortable.

• Do what you feel like. No one's going to judge you for it.

• No, I've done that before too.

What Guys Said 6

• Why would it be dumb? You find it annoying and stupid, just block away. There really is no need to put up with it, after all you can get plenty of opinions so you aren't really going to miss out on anything. I say not dumb.

• No, if you don't like their content, that's a few reason to block them. By the wa, I think I know ho you're talking about. :)

(Don't mention it as you've been smart to not do in you question.)

• Well you won't be able to downvote them and I'm pretty sure you don't leave a comment so there is no point.

• Why would you not? Why waste your precious time on people that make you unhappy?

• There's no code of ethics here. do what you want.

• Not really if they really bother you