Should GAG make an option to hide the opinions tab?

The only reason my profile is set to private is because I don't want others to see the opinions I post, and I'm sure a lot of users feel the same way.
Trolls and Haters can use this feature as way to downvote your opinions and stalk certain questions (often related to sexual nature).
Now before you go and say why don't you just post your opinions anonymously, I want you to know like many others I don't like posting opinions anonymously and with GAGs latest updates (where MHO% dictates how opinions are sorted on a question), anonymous opinions will always end up at the bottom of the page.

• Yes they should
  • No they shouldn't
I'm fine with my opinions appearing on the feed, I just don't want people to be able to browse my entire library of opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a privacy advocate, I think your request is reasonable. While I do think MHO is one of the more interesting metrics on GAG, I think helping the person is the most important and the rating can make things too superficial, and putting it at the top of a question makes it even worse.

I think GAG could roll back a version or 3 and be just fine.

The only problem with the Opinions thing is the granularity of the settings without confusing the user. There are people you follow, then there are just random people on the site, and maybe you want the followers to see your opinions or the random people to see the opinions or nobody at all to see the opinions. While I guess in theory having all 3 as a setting / drop-down box could work, the settings can get complicated fast if everyone's pet request is added.

In your case, how would you like it to work?

And no I'm not a site admin lol

• I don't want anyone to see my opinions, I'm fine with them appearing on the feed however.

• So like a checkbox "HIde Opinions" that will not show them, period. I can kind of see how stalkerish having those there can be. If it means less anonymous profiles, I could get behind that.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes they should!

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like a good idea for the reason you mentioned - I think that only users that you allow follow you be let have access to your library of questions, takes and opinions.

• Yeah they could change things but i have nothing to hide

What Girls Said 2

• I didn't know you could see that from people's profiles tbh😂 Now I can stalk at a whole new level😍😂

• I don't think so. That defeats the purpose of even following or looking at someone

• How come? All following basically does is allow my opinions to appear on their feed. I still want people to be able to browse mytakes and Questions but just not my opinions. I'm fine with them appearing on the feed.