Do you think this site would be better/worse/the same if we couldn't post anonymous questions/answers anymore?

Or if we were limited in the amount we can post a day as anonymous?

Most Helpful Guy

• We definitely need anon for the personal stuff or else some people wouldn't post.
    We don't need trolling stuff posted hidden behind anon.
    There is a big % of anons posted that don't really make sense " My favourite colour is red - Anon". There is such a fuss made about certain types of answers that some are going anon to avoid the hassle.
    I honestly jump around on this one - Do I want to be known or not known? - To be frank I know why some people do it, I think it is fair to leave it at their choice.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it would be better. but some people wouldn't post at all so that would for sure be a downside. but it would probably prevent a lot of nonsense

What Guys Said 7

• It wouldn't be fair to subject users to show their identity if they dont want too, privacy laws have to always be implemented for a good quality application

Such as facebook, imagine you had no control over your privacy settings... that would be very bad

• There would certainly be less trolling, but also possibly less activity. Not sure though! Some people are disheartened by the anonymous trolling, after all.

• Worse, there wouldn't be as many comments.

• i think it would be better since this would discourage the trolls in many ways.

but at the same time i think that might ruin the site as a lot of people here are too chicken shit to answer question without hiding their identity

• it would be better, that way if a creep that goes anon tries to freak you out, you can block them

• it would be the same. a lot of people are not using their real pic so it's the same as being anonymous.

• Anonymous feature does have its uses, and I believe half the people, perhaps even more, on this website would stop using it if anonymous feature were removed.

What Girls Said 6

• I believe there's already a limitation over anonymous postings. It would certainly hold back the racists, sexists etc. We'd probably see less hate and trolling.

• worse - less traffic, less very personal opinions

• I think it would be better if GAG at least limited the amount of anon posts allowed a day.

• Worse! 😝
    ...

• If the anonymous feature was removed, I assume that people would use the site less.

• i think it would be worse because people wouldn't be comfortable posting their true opinions/ asking for advice on things they dont want everyone to know about.