How am I not a likable person on GAG? Is it all about looks on GAG? Is that the only way to be popular on here?

Besides racist people not liking me because I am Black but what other reasons could there possibly be? Is it because I am not very attractive to most people? I noticed how gorgeous girls get lots of attention. Lots of guys message me too, be friendly, and flirt but that's it. Is it all about looks on GAG :/:/

I'm just curious. I'm not taking anything to heart. I'm just VERY curious and want to know peoples views

Most Helpful Guy

• "How am I not a likable person on GAG" Umm after the stuff that I said to you on ole boy's question I kinda took a liking to you (which is why I followed you). Since unlike most of the oversensitive ass people on this site, you seem open minded + actually like to #debate not #argue just for the hell of it (MF try to sound so smart on here that their dumbasses forget what they were even arguing about in the 1st place #RandomThought LOL) + you didn't block me right there and then (I was utterly shocked LOL).

So I'm guessing that if and when you get around #Xper rank 7 more people will know your name around here + start to take a liking to you also ^_^.

Because you don't seem to hold grudges like bad judges unlike some GAGers who'll chase yo ass to the end of the earth (in the GAG world) to downvote + troll you on every question <3 #ItHappens after you've pissed them off on this or that question LOL

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif But to be "likeable/popular" here on GAG all ya gotta do is stay consistent to who you were while you were gaining those ranks in the #Xper levels, talk to your fellow GAGers a lot around the site, post a lot of opinions OR fucking be cute/handsome...

• (some MFs will try to sound so smart on here that they'll sometimes forget what their dumbasses were even arguing about with ____ in the 1st place #RandomThought LOL) *

• Lol to add to your point usually the people above only read about 1 sentence before moving on

• EXACTLY!!! so screw that... Imma keep spamming the GIF (most people actually seem to read the/my whole opinion that way... so maybe that's another reason why my MHO% is about to become 20 I'm guessing ^_^)

@OrdinaryGentleman

What Guys Said 15

• We can find out the answer but that would involve observing the popular individuals on this site. Find the common trait, activities they perform and frequency etc.

Initial observation tells me that the frequency of which they are active in here is relatively high. Which obviously puts them on the people's radar constantly thus leaving a mark. Speaking of mark, they would often have something remarkable whether it's the username, questions, attitude, opinions, and most commonly profile pictures (mostly the chicks).

The female users are more susceptible from getting attention especially if they are attractive. That is generally true regardless of the platform.

Another common trait is that they would often tag another user more commonly than others and that would result themselves being tagged in another time. This process then leads to friendship and gains followers and that then becomes a motivation to be more active and get more exposure. This is then achieved by not going anonymous (common to popular users) but also because they don't believe in anonymity (most).

Oh another common trait is they would deny they are popular.

• It is early days for you - Just be active and keep true to yourself and you will become known - Keep chilled and don't worry too much about it.

• Hmm... it isn't all about looks---no it isn't. You gotta learn to hold a conversation properly for people to want to do more than just flirt... but at the end of the day you are you and nothing else matters... fuck what others think

• You will learn that there are trolls and insecure people come on here
    sure there is haters on here , some might not like me cause I'm white
    this is the Internet and i like people no matter who they are i just had
    some girl from the Philippines verbally abuse me and we had a
    communication gap i apologize to her cause she seemed to be
    fishing for attention and I thought she was calling me a Catfish
    hell I'm far from that shit. I told her i was sorry, she wanted to
    continue to argue what can i say we can't win them all.

• Some people are just mean, there's no other way to put it. Many of us have been called names and judged by what we look like. You just gotta let it go, Like @justbanannaz said fuck the haters

• If you're a very active user that everyone sees you around a lot, you'll at least be somewhat "popular".

But usually, people don't start recognizing you as one of "those folks" until Xper level 8 or 9. Again, it's about having a reputation of being a regular, helpful, and engaging member for a long period of time.

That's why gurus and masters here are typically the most "popular". They've been here the longest and/or have been in the most places (questions, myTakes, etc) so they're well-known and established.

• If you spit the truth, more people will dislike you on here. Think about it.

• Some people are just way more popular than others. I am not hugely popular, one person thinks I am but I don't feel it. Be yourself! I have no hate for you what so ever.

• Sadly it's all about looks everywhere

Better looking people get higher pay, better jobs and more successful on average.. can't get away from it

But your pretty attractive!

• It depends on how nice you are I guess. I also dislike it when people bash people for wanting to be liked. What's wrong with wanting to be liked?

It beats wanting to be disliked for sure.

We could be great friends :]

• Agreed. I see nothing wrong with wanting to be liked (even though that wasn't my intentions lol). And sure we can friends. I love meeting new people so why not. Thanks for the answer by the way :)

• Agreed. Thanks :)

• You're welcome!

• No one likes me either! There are just jealous of our beauty.

• Lol it's fine. We're strangers but I like you (as a friendly person of course lol)

• You don't seem to not be likeable, you're sure that's the case?

• I'm not even sure what the case is tbh. It was just a thought

• Fuck those people, they are judgmental and not worth anyones time. I'm pretty sure popular people also get them

• Yeah you're totally right, thank you. Awesome advice

• why would you care about someone for insults online?

• lmao no there are some ugggglllllyyy ass gag celebs here

• GAG should not be a popularity contest

What Girls Said 16

• girl no matter what u look like u will be hated on. dont take it to heart. I've been called attractive and I've been called ugly. been called a sweet and been called a bitch, a hoe, a whore.

just like life, you will find those who like u and those who hate u. if people r so idiotic that they wanna judge u based on your photo and a few comments and opinions, that's their issue. let them be.

#fuckthehaters

• Who says you're not likeable? I'm sure you are.

But when it comes to being popular on here you have to be on here 24/7 and on here for a certain period of time. You have to get to know the other members andbbe active with the community. Also having a public profile might help.

• And when I say a certain period of time I mean get your xper rank up like anywhere from 7-9 you'll be known by more people.

• We're all not attractive to someone girl. I personally think that you are attractive. And sometimes it can feel like a beauty contest here, but that's not what it's about. This site is what you make it. I don't decide to talk to or not talk to someone based off how they look. I'd say just keep being you.

• We can't be all attractive to everyone, surely there'd be haters that hate us. You're definitely pretty, and no, its definitely isn't about the looks. Just keep being you and screw them haters. ^^

• Yeah partly. When I had a pic up I got more attention but I would take you pic down. This place is full of creeps

• along with time spent online, it's either: 1) looks; 2) valuable/insightful opinion; 3) sarcastic humor; 4) "sweetness" or a combination of at least two of them.

• Dunno, are you blunt? Some people don't seem to like that. Other than that, no clue. I swear some people just hate to hate, shouldn't think about it too much.

• Yeah that's probably it. I am pretty blunt but only in a nice way... I think lol. Anyways thank you for the awesome advice :)

• Omfg why do you care? 😅

• Hard to tell the difference.

• Exactly, that's why people shouldn't be so judgmental. So they will never know my tone through texting unless I tell them

• Well first of all, you're very cute. So that's not the issue lol

But I've been here for years and not only am i just a fleck of earth in a haystack, but I'm very disliked. Popularity comes with time and a price. Don't worry about it 😜

• Lol awww thanks. That must sucks... I think?

• You're popular in my mind 😉

• Lol true sometimes. Some people actually only like having their happiness to their self. Weird (to me) but definitely not to them (which is what matters)

• You seem like youd be cool. Who cares what people think.. lol.

I would caution you on the amount of beta males on here though. :)

• It's the internet, calm down.

Most of the people on here who are "likable" are only so because they spend 50 - 70% of their day on this website and are actively making friends.

• Who are you again?

• Don't worry girly, you don't have to be popular just to get yourself likeable, just be yourself :) <3

• I don't know you, and no, it's not about looks.

• People don't like me either lmaO seriously i get such hate messages sometimes

• i like you!