Does anyone actually like getting a notification to let them know asker upvoted their opinion?

it's annoying the hell out of me. I can see on my opinions tab that they upvoted me, the notification is just unnecessary.

• no, I dislike it.
    67% (16)61% (14)64% (30)Vote
  • yes, I like it.
    33% (8)39% (9)36% (17)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
13|12

Most Helpful Guy

• This is now optional; there is a setting in your profile/settings page

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Drives me nuts. I'm like, "Oh, someone commented on my opinion!" and then it's like, "Oh wait, no, just the QA agreeing with me. Now I have to click on it and go to the question otherwise it won't ever go away."

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Can't stand it👎👎 Showing that the asker upvoted is fine, but you don't need to notify, I'll live if I don't see it, haha.

0|1
    0|0
  • Noooooo...

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't really see it as necessary but it also isn't a big deal at all

0|0
    0|0
  • i hate it. it is pointless

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a little annoying, but I still want it. It's nice to know when I'm earning an Xper point.

Also, you don't always know if one upvote is theirs. Asker upvoting you is a little special because it confirms that you answered their question in a fashion they were expecting or wanting.

0|0
    0|0
    • it can be shown under you opinion s tab. the notification is excessive.

• Show All
    • I'm meant they should just show it that way.

• Oh, okay. Yeah, I think that'd be a fair compromise.

• yeah, like are we supposed to jump with joy after seeing the notification

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, you can get this ghost notifications too so it can be annoying
    another thing they upgraded the system again cause when i leave
    a comment a huge green bar goes across my computer screen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep it's annoying along with this new green bar thing. I'm so used to blue and pink that the green kinda messes with my eyes

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah because I get all excited about a comment and then it's like "oh.. nothing.."

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, I hate them. I see the notification and hope it's a reply/mention and then I'm disappointed because it's only an upvote :/

0|0
    0|0
    • exactly. some seem to use the voting as an excuse not to comment on an opinion

• wouldn't even say that. if I have 10 notifications and only 5 are replies and 5 are upvotes from the same person, then it's still a little bit disappointing. at least for me haha

• I don't like it. It's just new spam to me.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• i mean i appreciate the askers who give me points lol but I'm not a fan of the notification. i do tick them off when i can though.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was annoying until I discovered you can just clear it without going to the question, it still seems pretty pointless though, @girlsaskguys I see this everywhere, maybe you should just get rid of it...

1|0
    0|0
  • This must be a desktop thing because that doesn't happen on my phone. Maybe you should use the mobile site more often... 😒

0|0
    0|0
    • No, you still get it on mobile. I do...

• Show All
    • I'm on my phone.

• Sorry, I thought you meant pop up notifications. The notification is small and can easily be cleared so it doesn't bother me. If I wanted to, I could simultaneously check if anyone else upvoted that comment.

• I'm just ok with that. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • No its really annoying and then I have to go back to post to make the notification go away ughhh

0|0
    0|0
  • It's annoying

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. I just don't see the point 👀

0|0
    0|0
  • No it annoys me 😒

0|0
    0|0
  • I kind of do because it lets me know that I've earned an xper point.

0|0
    0|0
  • i like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I mean it's ok if they comment as well, then it takes both off. But if you have like 50 notifications and 35 are just upvotes...

0|0
    0|0
    • exactly. it's just unnecessar. it would make more sense to move it to the opinions tab.

• Yeah, I mean I do like getting upvoted of course. That indicates that I may have helped the asker. But sometimes it can be overwhelming. Not all the time, though.

• Honestly, I don't care that much. It doesn't bother me, but I am also not particularly thrilled by it.

1|0
    0|0