Well some guys here, really are disrespectful and rude guys towards women?

A guy i was exchanging messages too, and it looks like he was a nice guy told me this. "the reality is your looks are not very appealing. Attraction is very important. Just as equally as you might expect a man to be taller. He will expect you to be better looking. Men typically tend to approach better looking women. Not necessarily the ones with plastic surgery but good looking in general. Since you lack some key facial features I suggest getting some form of plastic surgery. I am sure you have expectations of your man"

What a jerk guy!!

Men do you really back 100% what this guy said, that if a woman is lack soem key facial features for your attraction so then the women needs to get some type of plastic surgery in order for u to approach them?

That comment is so shallow!!!

Ohh my God these guy is really something. Now he said to me "You have to keep in mind that you also have these standards like height, and muscularity. " Of course I alrayd blocked this guy

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no idea what you look like, and for the purposes of this question it doesn't matter. The bottom line is: that was only HIS opinion, and isn't necessarily what other men think.

But I also don't think he was TRYING to be a jerk (even if he kind of WAS being one) - I think he was trying to be brutally honest, which is something many women NEVER experience, especially from a man. Clearly you weren't looking for that, and while he wasn't being overly harsh, perhaps he should have just kept his mouth shut.

I know I'm not a great looking guy, and chances are I'm not going to attract a girl who is a "9" or better by most people's judgement, because such a girl can get herself a guy who, while he may not have quite my personality, may have much better looks or a lot more money or whatever. That's just how it is, and I don't fault her for choosing to maximize her own value.

The harsh truth is that women's looks make up a sizable portion of their value to men in relationships. That doesn't mean that every guy values looks the same, or that every guy wants the same thing, but it's part of the equation. You may not have the best facial features (again, I have no idea), but maybe you work out and have a fantastic body, and plenty of guys will prefer that over a girl with a great face and an out-of-shape body.

But, yes, relationships ARE a competition of sorts - everyone is trying to maximize their own value, which is one reason why when I work in wealthy areas, the women I see there are almost universally in shape and above average in looks, even into their 50's. Whether it was pure genetics or a hell of a lot of hard work in the gym, those women are attractive, and the wealthy, powerful men were able to attract them.

You are in competition with the women around you, just as every other single woman is. And in these days of Internet dating, you are potentially in competition with the whole world. So am I, and so is everyone else.

If you want to maximize your value, you have to make yourself the best you can be. That doesn't necessarily mean surgery - maybe it means having a great personality, or being very smart, or funny, or supportive, but maximizing your appearance won't hurt either, even if that just means make up, hair-do, and clothes.

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG right? The worst too is all the guys who will randomly message me sex questions and I KNOW I avoid those questions, and they'll like try hitting on me and shit...
    Like c'mon I have a friggen comic book character as my profile picture, and she's TOTES disinterested LOOK AT HER. but that doesn't stop them... Like not to sound vain, but I can't imagine how many pervs would be harassing me if I put my real pic up...
    Like I keep thinking I'm having a good conversation then I randomly get the "I'm horny" message and I just close my laptop...

• This guy comment was a insult and rude. And he does not even have apic on his profile, what does that tell you. He told me that comment after he saw a pic of myself

• Hahaha shit, that's really bad :s

What Guys Said 13

• Lol.. uhm.. I mean.. I would never ask for a surgery but if the nose doesn't fit my taste, I won't approach her. That doesn't mean I want her to change, she's just not for me lol. isn't that understandable? But thats just the case when we only talk about looks. If I know her for longer, and know what kind of person she is, and I like this kind of Person, then thats the equivalent to a plastic surgery since I can ignore something I dont like and maybe start liking it only on her. So yeah if its just in the Club or somewhere else and Im only looking for a one night stand I only look at the outside, and if I know her my mind starts calculating unknowingly how much of her inside qualities can make me ignore something that I wouldn't like normally.

• I think he should've taken in consideration that what he doesn't find attractive is not unattractive for everyone. We can't guess or confirm what other people will thing. So, I think that his answer was unnecessary.

• Okay, that was very demeaning and quite frankly very shallow and not masculine. First of all if someone doesn't find you attractive that doesn't mean every guy thinks you're not attractive. Everyone has different opinions on what looks good. That guy has bought into what society tells him about woman and it's a flat out lie that woman have to be perfect. Give me a real genuine girl that doesn't have any fake plastic with a fake personality. Ignore him and a real man will come into your life ;). Trust me.

• We were talking abotu a guy that I liked but blew me off with no reason but that is another story and then he said that probably ii was blown off due to my looks and then he came with this rude comment.

• Did he show he liked you initially? I wouldn't assume, that guy has no respect for woman.

• he's very crass and rude... and yes shallow

• I don't back it 100% but I know that if you want somebody hot then you probably need to be hot yourself, especially if you've got prerequisites and want a guy like Brad Pitt or David Gandy. But if you never said that too him then he was out of line and wanted to insult you.

• I do have my pic on this site but he does not. I m not looking for a Brad Pitt myself and I nevet told him that. He was disrespectful and he told me that after he saw my pic but he has not sent me his

• This website

• Well I don't have my picture on here because I don't see the point and I'm not trying to date anyone, not because I'm ugly. But this isn't about me. haha. He probably thinks he's too ugly for you so he insults you to do you down.

• Plastic surgery is too fake and actually (personally) don't find it very appealing, attraction is also subjective though, you'll be seen extremely hot to some guys and not appealing for others... I don't back that guy at all, I think he's being very sexist in a way!

• Of course not. He was a jerk.

• Not me...
    But anyway it's his taste, the problem is that some women really go deep and do cirurgical stuff to feel accepted... :/ so guys that say this to women that love them are a danger to their health.

• I hope it wasn't for me, though I flirt with chicks here but know my limits and manners and how to deal with girls/women :)

• I don't know you call yourself a woman act like one

• Of course, you are on the internet.

• No,

And particularly at our age (you're apparently within 5 years of me), if you are reasonably fit, groom well, nice hair, dress well, you're probably going to be in the top 1/3 of people's looks.

• Sounds like a disgruntled short guy.

What Girls Said 0