Do you think we should make the site back to 16+ only?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain)
*they should

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it should be 14+. This site is a much, much, much better version of YA. Even under 16 people have important questions, and there's a lot of older people on this site that can help answer. Now, sexual questions should be a case by case basis. If a 15 year old is genuinely confused on something sexual and would like advice or help, it's best we allow it to be asked and answered (but I know there's legal problems with this). It's best we give them an honest, "no, that's not a good idea, but if you go for it just use protection, here's links to show you what to do:", instead of removing it.

However, 16+ or even 18+ means we could post boobies on the site, and that's a pretty important thing for most GAGer's.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it would change anything at all. Young teenagers will keep using it, since nothing actually stops them from lying about it in order to get access.
    However, I consider it wrong & unethical that the site allows partial nudity from teenagers. ( A certain question asked by a minor, had a picture of her breasts in a bra and they wouldn't remove it ).
    The particular question made me feel disturbed.
    I have nothing against 13 year olds commenting their opinions on topics though.

What Guys Said 26

• What I remember about before was that over 13 was allowed on G@G, but the sexual topics were limited to an older age. there are actually two problems about the younger people on here. One is that some communities (states, countries, whatever) consider some of the information being discussed inappropriate for younger people, or at least consider some of the conversations illegal between minors and adults. That poses a risk to G@G. The other problem is that some "adults" on here are hitting on the very young.

Whatever one might think about the minimum age requirement, there is no effective way of checking the age stated by the applicant. So it is probably best to let it be as it is. Just wish there was some way to get the pseudo adults to be real adults.

• What would stop the under 16 from creating a new profile stating they're over 16? There are people here that are in the 25-29 age range and have said they're under 18.

Making the site 16+ is pointless cause no one gives a shit about that.

• No. Sometimes it's the impressionable 13-15 year old kids that need the most help. Their questions may have obvious answers to adults, but from their point of view, something trivial can be very real and very important.

If anyone is impatient enough not to listen, then maybe it's THEM that should not be on GAG!!

• As others have said people would lie about their age - I have no problem with the min age being 13 but then again I am on here and I never go near the sex or dating question so frim what I gather is I miss the worst of it but in fairness to the younger Gaggers I have seen idiots and creeps in all age groups.

• The youth are the future, and the youth need the most help and advice, especially with parents and authority figures not giving the real skinny on the tough adolescent topics, and giving these young teens bullshit advice instead.

The site has made adjustments over the past two years to made GaG more mobile-friendly and social-media-esque... any long time user can tell you that the business model has changed a bit for GaG.

• Actually, I think we should just bring back the age filter, but instead of specifying a certain range (18-24, 25-29, ...) it should be able to exclude certain age ranges instead (under18, 18-24; and just show everything else)

• Technically though, I don't know any underage person who didn't click "YES I'm over 18" whenever they visited a porn site. I'm pretty sure the number of people faking age would increase, and the opinions given to them would be more inaccurate.

• But almost everyone is going to block under 18 which indirectly shadowbans us for most users, rendering our presence here completely useless. I'm not going to visit this site and write a long opinion I put work into to have nobody see it.

• @93stepsawayfromhome technically that was for questions; but the issue you mentioned is the reason why the age filter was removed in the first place. Alas, what we truly need is a means to rate questions by quality and not by age.

• Yeah. I joined shortly after I turned 16 because that was the minimum age when I joined. And I think that's about right. This site is a little much ans the culture of this place just doesn't have much relevance to someone under 16. I myself sometimes feel a little out of place answering questions where everyone else is like 25 or 30...

• No younger people have issues and questions as well that they need help with and they're young so it's way harder for them to think of the right thing to do because they don't have as many life experiences. It would be cutting off a demographic that needs help as well.

Besides they'll just lie about their age and some do already anyways.

• I don't see how that would help. Lying exists.

• I said yes but also no.

I remember being like 13 and 14 so curios about my body and how everything worked
    im almost 16 now and thanks to this website i think i know enough. so

Yes because i'm almost 16 so i could be on it soon, an there are some perverted fellows on here that dont need to be round young children

No because i know the most curios ones are 12 - 15

• Although it can be annoying some time by how they ask their very relevant
    questions, I'm sure SOME of them really are just hoping to find someone to guide them.

We shouldn't neglect them or underestimate them.
    They 'ARE' the future after all. I don't know about you, but I try to guide them
    properly & accordingly to how their personality is.

My answer to your question is, No.
    Age does not matter regarding this discussion.

• It's not like we have to prove our age somehow anyway. It'd be pointless.

• It's the internet people lie. I bet half the under 16 girls on here are actually middle aged men and a lot of the 18-24 category are actually under 18 and lied. Also there are far too many 'girl' profiles that are clearly men pretending to be women.

• Adults post basically the same stupid questions the teenagers do, so I think it wouldn't change much.

• Why? Younger ones are the ones that need to ask more.

• Yeah, that'll show them. They'd never think to lie about their age.

• It'd be nice but you can easily fake your age.

• even if they did, kids would lie about their age anyway

• Age filter when posting questions is probably the best solution like someone mentioned below

• No because it will change nothing and bring us only more accounts with fake age

• Is very easy to bypass and what you forebid builds curiosity. There is no reason to make rules that parents do t feel need be necessary for their children.

• A youngster will take it or leave it. By that, I mean that they will stay if they like it and leave if they don't like it. The choice is should be in their own individual decision. This aids in helping them find themselves when parents secretly know their children's questions they are uncomfortable asking.

• it should be 18..

• No cuz that affects me!

Trust me when I say this: GAG will lose at least 10% of its current inflow.

• Yes, i think their coming on here way too young

• No, best to educate the middle schoolers and help prevent unwanted pregnancies.

• I think it should be 18+ only

What Girls Said 12

• Fourteen and up is fine like wine, @OnceUponADream143 :)) xx

• I actually enjoy having the younger crowd on here, have some who really need advice and good they can get some from the ones who know how to give advice and can count on when they do not have family who can help them. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for the upvote.:)) xxoo

• Yeah, no offense to the 13 year olds... but it's weird having kids on here.

But there's no way to verify that sort of thing. Still, it would make GaG look better if they at least tried to save the kiddies from all the sex and pervs on here.

• They can lie about their age + they can learn about sex and protection here, because most parents don't want to talk about this with their child.
    But I understand why most users voted A.

• Nope. I wish I would have had a site like this when I was under 16. I'm glad that they have a site they can go to for advice.

• It's pointless. People will just lie about their age and pretend to be older. It doesn't do anything.

• It's ok the way it is just bring back the age filter.

• i think it should be 18+ only

• yes, but only because some of the things said on here are SO innapropriate

• NOOOOOOOO DON'T DO THIS TO MEEE!!! I LOOOOVE GAAAAGGG :( :( :(

• Yeah but there's no stopping people from lying about their age. That's easy enough to do

• So many can easily change the birth year to be older and post on this site. I've seen a few already ask a question, and in the comments say "I know it says 32, but I'm really 15 HELP" or something. People will come here if they want, they'll find a way. It's inevitable.

• No, because this is a website that talks about sex and users on this website act like they do not know that minors come on this website. Besides a lot of underage users still lie about their age on here for some odd reason even though it allows 13+