HELP. I REALLY love this site but Being on GAG is making me bitter. What should I do? Deactivate my account or no?

I love this site LOTS but being on here is making me bitter as crap. I've read some pretty fucked up stuff on here and it's making me hate men, like all men. I seen some great guys on this site that's fair and not sexist but it's really hard to not hate them all. Being on this site had taught me a lot of great awesome things but also taught me to be bitter towards men in real life and on here. I hate being this way but I am. And it's not just men, I've lost respect for women also. They all seem to hate women anyways. What should I do?

Also I know this is just a site and 'not' real life but people express how they REALLY feel on the internet so it's basically still real life

Most Helpful Guy

• It is all about how you use the site - I see myself as a positive person, I want to be a positive influence on people on site and I want them to be positive for me SO before you do anything on site subconciously think "Will this be good for me?" then engage in the things that make you happy and avoid the things that make you bitter.

• Yeah. I know you're a very positive person. I see you everywhere spreading positiveness. It's awesme

• Thank you lots. I will keep that in mind :)

• Thanks for MHG

Most Helpful Girl

• Take a break, it's a shit storm of idiots on here sometimes. Take a break, come back less annoyd, remind yourself that most men are not fucktards like the eejits that flock here en masse.

• Lmao thank you. Awesome answer. I totally appreciate it... and you're right :)

• Thanks for MHO :)

• You're welcome. Your comment was late but it was the first thing that made me laugh today. Plus still awesome advice

What Guys Said 17

• Men on this site aren't an accurate depiction of men in general. For example, if 8 out of 10 men on this site act bitter to women "being too shallow", well then not 8 out of 10 men out in the world are actually bitter to women "being to shallow". That's because guess where those men go when they run into these issues? Anywhere they can to complain about it. And it just so happens to be that this site is used as just that.

What should you do? Simple, treat each person as their own self, and kick generalizing to the curb.

• There's this luxury called taking time off. I come and go on the site. Real life is worth living and experiencing. Helping people on here is worthwhile but often not appreciated and most of the questions are very repetitive. You cannot change the way some people see the world, there is no point constantly trying either. You do what you can and then you go and live your life. No need to take things so personally or drain yourself so much by being on here too often or reading and reviewing things that you know full well make you feel low.

• GAG is just a small representative sample of a particular set of people who either currently do or did at some point have trouble with relationships or anything regarding inter-gender stuff.

I admit, I wasn't so militant against religions before I hung out a lot around here, but I think I've actually just had my eyes opened and it is not necessarily a bad thing. But make sure if you're militant, then you have a valid reason to support your claim.

• If something like simply reading bad stuff on a site influences you this much then it's best you get off the net. That or just deal with it.

• Of course it influences. People say how the really feel. It shows how sick they are. It confirms there are completely sickos in the world. It's annoying and I can dislike them all I want. It was just a question. I didn't ask for your commentary.

• All right this is the legit last one.

Bye, have a nice day.

• Ok bye. Have a nice day :)

• This site is like porn. Gives people false expectations.

• I have similar feelings for this website. Yes people need help and its great there is a place where they can go for it and it would best if there were people on this site that could help them with that like @KDA20.

I can understand what you are coming from and I would say...
    Bottom line if this place is hurting you... then quit.

• Stay, please!

• you just need to communicate with more people. There are several decent guys on here, but guys rarely get PM's from girls here

• You're probably right. Guys pm me all the time but I never do the same. Guess I have to work on that. Thank you:)

• yeah, girls just seem too shy to do it for whatever reason... but there really is nothing to fear

• The best solution is to leave. I learned long ago not to put much value on websites like this and just use them for cheap entertainment. You should never let faceless strangers from the Web negatively impact your life.

• I don't hate no one and I've showed people nothing but my love since i been here

• Uh take a break lol, that would be the most logical idea.

• But what made you feel all that hate? I think i never read anything really offensive here...

You could try a site blocker. You can install them on your browser so you dont acess the site. It's good to remember you.

• SO , you lost respect for women and you hate men. Would you like to be friends with aliens or something?

• If they aren't judgmental, hateful, and sexist sure

• im almost never on here, im either on csgo, league of legends, world of warcraft, rust or here

• Quit. ----------------------------

• I know how you feel I hate bitches, on here but mostly irl.

• Yup I hate bitches too (females AND males) :)

• There are def. some people that should not be on here.

What Girls Said 6

• I have been on this GAG site for nearly two years and till counting here, dear, and with This... I have SEEN it all on the wall. I never point fingers, I am always diplomatic and when I BLOCK, I only do so if I see anyone being rude and crude about a sore subject that they get 'Bitter as crap' about themselves and will not be quiet about.
    Don't let it get you down to the point where you want to 'Deactivate' and hate. It's the Internet, it's behind the computer curtain, and certain people on Here, on Any media site you go on, feel more free to voice what they want because in Real Life, you could say, they do not always do it or have the nerve to do it or Even... Continue it here because it is in their blood to do so.
    Take it with a grain of salt. As bitter as you may be towards both sexes, it is what it is, roll with the punches, Enjoy being here and just move on from it.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you for the upvote, sweetie. xxoo

• You're so welcome. I'm gonna have fun for the both of us lol

• lol!! Enjoy then, sweetie.:)) xxoo

• Duuude the majority on guys on here aren't all douchey. I think we pay too much attention to the negative ones. But if it makes you feel really bad just deactivate. G@g has gone to the dogs so its not a big loss. Or just stop using it for awhile and use something else.

• The site is what you make it. Don't let it turn you into something you don't want to be. Some of the guys here are just... yeah. I'll give you that, but you can't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

• I've spent so much time on the internet (not just this site), that I sometimes kind of forget that people "irl" aren't all assholes

• Yeah.. U spend too much time here... Like some pl here. Depression becomes a way of life.

• I actually don't. I have a life but when I DO get on I always see stupid people's comments. That doesn't mean I spend all my time here

• You seem down by it

• Well yeah. It makes me mad

• Bye. leave.

• Bitch you bye😂😂😂