Is it just me or does GaG have a lot less answers then before?

I used to get on average 10 answers for questions but now I'm lucky if I get one by 24 hours.. Unless I put up a dumb joke...
honestly it sucks cuz I kinda need help working through some issues and Gag used to be good for that but since I returned. it almost makes me feel worse

Most Helpful Girl

• I think most active users are leaving because there is no option to delete a question so they delete the app because their problems are up permanently when they only wanted some advice at that time. From what Iv been reading anyway

• I suppose that's one reason, though it's been like that forever and I've been on and off of here for almost a year.

• It is one of those self pity one lol thank you I'd appreciate it :) if there's anything I can help you with let me know

• Yes it is Iv no idea how to share it to your messages or something

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, many serious questions are ignored completely & lame questions are flooded with lame opinions. Therefore more lame questions are asked and cycle repeats. Regenerative effect of more lameness!

• And the damn popularity questions... Like who cares whose the most popular GaGers

• That and virtual crushes and SOs and couple shipping *facepalm*

What Girls Said 4

• yeah the answers have dropped, especially on questions that actually provoke thought of require effort unfortunately.
    meaningless questions like quizzes or those asking about anything to go with us gaggers gets the most answers...

mind blown. the site is meant to be be about helping each other yet we're more interested in talking about ourselves FOR THE MOST PART. guilty.

• I've noticed this trend as well. The thoughtful, insightful questions I usually asked are pushed aside for mention tag blasts and Buzzfeed quizzes!

Rather disturbing, isn't it?

• I hate how people who actually need advice or either ignored or judged, but all the stupid mentioning questions and shit are always the most popular. For what?

• i actually agree. i mean while it can be flattering to be a part of them, i think they promote a VERY different idea to what the site was initially intended for and sometimes we lose sight of that.
      the other sad thing is i see a lot more uselessness than helpfulness round here. @rainbowfangirl

• You have an excellent point. Stupid questions and popularity questions get way more attention than serious questions now which is just stupid to me. People who need actual advice get ignored and belittled while popularity questions get all the attention.

• I really despise that whole popularity questions... at least when I started it seemed like people were more set on helping others, now it seems a lot more on giving their opinions and being judgmental...

• Most of the guys, not all, hate women for some reason...

• I mean I guess that's what happens when you create a community out of people that are heartbroken and having issues understanding the opposite gender... I don't know :/ it's crappy regardless, and honestly it makes me dread getting single answers that make me feel worse over my issues...
      I don't ask any men here for advice cuz I don't feel like being told to be a manwhore and that I suck as a man for caring about a girl... lol I get enough of that from 'friends'

• It seems like any questions requiring more than 3 seconds of thought to answer get left in the dust. I'm sorry that's your experience, I don't think you're alone in this.
    I guess just take the best you can from the 10 answers 😞

• Yeah I don't know what it is. Gag is going down... I figured that out since one very weird user made it and became moderator.

• Yeah, I remember when I first started I respected the admins and all that but there's been some crazy stuff, my best friend used to use this site a lot more too but she even had an admin harass her...

• Most of them are popular because they are attractive as well, don't forget that.

• @rainbowfangirl true, i forgot that. When in fact they could be a catfish using some fake pics lol people are such pathetic losers sometimes

What Guys Said 6

• I think usage has diversified a lot - I don't think people work off the recent feed so much - I think there is a wider spread of answering rather than big epic questions getting loads of answers in first half hour. I think it is better the way it is now you get a wider range of questions being discussed - If you look at the feed the questions being answered are a mixture of new and old. ï

• I mean, I disagree, lol a lot of people need help asap, and having people waiting a week suffering from anxiety or just plain confusion for someone to answer a question on a rapidly changing situation is hardly helpful.

• I am probably a bit selfish here but I stay away from the "Problem" questions and talk about the less time sensitive social and political questions so the change on site hasn't affected me that much.

• Not selfish at all... merely a difference of why we're here

• Yes, I have noticed. It's been a problem ever since a number of badly-handled 'updates' over the recent months.

• The only positive update I've noticed was them making the whole ads issue on iPhone better... but there's definitely been many changes for the worse...

• it's simple. you have a lot more fun/silly questions than serious ones, which means that the site will attract more people interested in that kind of stuff than people actually having serious questions, which again means that those who don't like that might leave. so the percentage of users who are only here for fun will get bigger and if the site doesn't grow much you'll get less answers on serious questions.

• It seems like it, I like to answer questions and stuff on here, but this place has turned into one huge contest for popularity, I've been guilty of it. But, I think some questions defineately deserve top billing over others

• Looking at some patterns I've noticed it seems like there's a lot more members but they're all asking and not answering, well at least not imprtant questions

• I've been guilty of this too, but the popularity stuff needs to go.

• Well answering the same questions and answering uninteresting questions is just so tiring.

• Granted... But I for one have often taken a lot of time helping people work through issues, sonetines it is repetitive especially when people don't listen, but it's half of why I'm on here...
      Tbh I'm also bothered this dumb question is getting more attention then ones that actually bother me

• It seems the traffic has died down.