Is G@G even about giving advice anymore?

Is it just me, or is G@G becoming a lot less meaningless? When I first joined, G@G was all about helping each other with issues in out daily lives and asking each other questions about the opposite sex (Which is still rather relevant today), but now G@G is flooded with meaningless questions such as quizzes, or the ever-so-popular tagging questions that get so many opinions, while people who actually need help with something are ignored unless they are well-known on here. And if they are noticed, they are judged.

A few people have felt like this I have noticed, and I have started to notice a little. Does anyone else believe that G@G is losing it's original purpose?

• Yes, of course G@G is still about giving advice.
  • No, it has lost it's original purpose.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to say, GaG is starting to lose its original vision. The true advice-seeking questions get drowned out by the socialization questions (ex. "tag XYZ here"), and the newer flock of users seem to overall be more focused by socializing and gaining popularity for popularity's sake.

When back in 2013 before "The New GaG", the most popular users were the ones that gave the best advice. Now the most popular users are popular because they campaign hard for that GaG social status like a Presidential election, and doesn't have jack shit to do with their advice they give.

I'm part of the old school GaG users, I'm here and gained my reputation here by being an excellent advice giver. I never campaigned here and made social moves here "to be popular", it just happened.

People always socialized on GaG from what I have seen being here from 2010 onwards, but the advice people give here on GaG presently, on average, is lowering in quality, insight, and care.

Most Helpful Girl

• Seems like it's become one major, meaningless, unproductive, pointless popularity contest or some massive source for people to stroke their egos.

What Guys Said 24

• I have always answered the more general questions so I haven't really noticed that much of a change - I don't mind the light questions now and again to lift the mood - It is all about how you use the site, I know the questions that interest me and where they will be so I usually stay in the topics rather than the feed.

• GaG is what you make of it.
    It can be like a social site, but if you set your mind to only give advice or ask question then it can be an advice site.
    It's not exactly the users fault it's the individuals own fault.

• This is because it's hard to find the interesting questions. I somewhat wish you could vote for them like in the VERY old days. But I'm not sure how well that system actually rated questions, I just know the 5-star ones were actually interesting to read at the time.

• The problem is many people don't want advice. If you disagree with many people here they often turn very nasty and mean and turn it personal. There are many women bitter women on here that just want to bitch about how bad men are even when most of what they say it not true in the first place. There are many bitter men that do the same about women and they want people to agree and side with their bitterness. If you disagree they get mean and nasty. They don't really want advice.

• I still give advice as much as possible, even when people try to block my comments because its not the advice they want. I don't expect MHO's any more because the people here are very different and have very different expectations. There are multiple clubs that all have the same opinions and ethos' on life and breaking barriers is becoming increasingly difficult. Still, I never came here to be popular so I still give advice and I still take on board the opinions of others.

• No, it's losing it's originality and at times seems to becoming a game
    as nice of site the owner has he should be removing post/ questions
    that offer no value but it seems lot of repeated stuff are being asked
    i see post /questions that should be removed and not even allowed here

• just curious to what kind of questions your referring too?

• I think a big part of why GAG is losing its purpose is because a lot of the users aren't going through anything in their lives that requires advice since they're on here all the time.

• Yup, there are some users that seem to be here ALL DAY LONG, not much of a time gap between their postings.

• Not really. The more serious the question is, the less opinions they will receive. . If u want more opinions u gotta have sum lame, troll flatout dumb troll questions xD

• Well, it is of course... but you need to look over the "other" questions :o
    The problem is that as long as questions are acceptable under the GAG policy, you have to accept what comes :D
    Those that are not acceptable will hopefully get removed quickly... and my technique to get interesting questions is to follow people who generally ask good ones.
    I than browse for the questions from people I follow and bingo :D there is my list!
    I see I wasn't following you yet so I'll push the button :D

• Since I got here GAG has always been more about entertainment. I joined in September 2014 and I asked serious questions that I needed help with and I got like 4-5 answers, just like now, so I don't think it has changed.

• it is, but lots of people just troll on here. if they got rid of anonymous it would help a little bit

• yes it has lost it's original purpose. People who actually need help and have genuine questions get very few opinions...

• It's still does have questions where some seek the advice of others.

Your best bet is to ignore the quiz and dick/breast size questions and search for the ones that you relate too... Or ask them yourself, whatever works for you.

• i already launch three question , general speaking , i am quite satisfied with people's respond here

• Feel like it isn't, questions that get the most rep are the ones with tagging your favorites and the others that could actually be useful get little attention

• It still serves it's original purpose but it's also become more of a social site too.

• I've literally heard someone genuinely ask for advice and some douche bag comments " why should I care "

Why the fuck are you on the site? To give advice!
    Too many bitches on this website!

• You are half right.

• It's now all about garbage, flirt, nuisance and mod title ship like candy distribution

• I think it depends on the situation. For people who word their questions reasonably and respectfully, they're the most likely to get helpful advice. Some people ask inflammatory questions such as, "Why does this entire race hate that other entire race?" Of course everything will end badly when the asker includes a false assumption in the question. Some people ask questions about favorite movies, favorite pop stars, etc. I still have fun participating in those discussions, even though they're not about relationships. The thing that annoys me the most, though, is the occasional question that keeps appearing on the forum over and over again until the asker sees the answer he/she wanted to see in the first place.

• No, GAG is for angry males to vent their frustrations about how much they hate women.

• Seems to me the day to day problems always ended up being the same questions over and over and it got boring... all the meaningless questions helped keep people on gag, keep gag fun, and build online friendships. you might think it lost its meaning but it really hasn't gag just evolved to more than just an advice seeking site.

• LOL GaG was never useful.

• People don't really care about you anyway, they're too consumed in their own lives to try and help you. i don't know why I even come here still

What Girls Said 11

• I agree. The questions in which people actually want advice have few people sharing opinions on them, and the questions like 'what's your favourite food?' or 'tag the nicest GAGer' will usually get disproportionately more responses. The advice has also got poorer in quality, some people will just type a one sentence response with little detail.

• i have to agree with you on this... there might be some questions where a user is looking for advice but apart from that i think GAG has lost its original purpose :'(

• i meant to answer 'no it has lost its original purpose' but i accidentally clicked on the other option

• It's part of the reason why I'm not around as much anymore. The meaningless mytakes are irritating as well.

• GaG is still about giving advice. But the type of advice asked may or may not be as meaningful to some. That's why some feel that must filter a lot just to get to the good questions.

Like life, I feel like GaG has it's good and bad days. Sometimes, you can easily find good questions. Sometimes it feels like nothing but a popularity contest ran through.

• The thing that losers the quality so much ow is the increase of stupid posts fromanin users that are every biased and every offensive. User Bannung needs to be more strict

• Man I wish I started G@G sooner. Now all you see is D size questions and stupid weird questions... Why G@G... why?

• It's a 50/50. There are questions that ask for advice and there are random popularity questions as well.

• I have no clue I am only like 3 months old on this site so I think.. LOL!

• THIS SITE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT.

If you constantly focus on the negative, then you have a negative experience. Period.

• I think a small group is still about it but now it seems to be all about penis size and rate me questions