You can ban people from commenting on questions now?

So I just posted an answer to a question and ended up being banned from commenting on my own answer? We can do that now?

1. How?
2. What is the point of that? Why are people being banned from stating their thoughts if it happens to be something the QA doesn't want to hear?

Most Helpful Guy

• just right click and block answers. it´s to stop trolls from trolling but most people use it to "win" an argument by just having the last word and silencing the other opinion.

• Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of this site? That's such a stupid feature

• oh i just realized, you don´t even need to click. just hover about the persons name. it only works if they´ve been posting anonymously because if you could block the person that posted anonymously, you could find out who it was which would blow their cover.

• This is a test

Most Helpful Girl

• lol because in that case, the QA is a loser who only wants their opinion validated rather than contested. let them be. they must have blocked u after u gave ur response.

What Guys Said 7

• The problem is not people having different opinions but when one person of the two turn it personal and start on the personal attacks. This is what that feature is for. Sadly, many people here can not handle an opinion that is different to theirs even if the person stating it is being polite about it. Often this feature is used to have the last word though.

• Sadly on GAG there are lots of very immature men and women on GAG. I have had some girls block me when I am sure I have never answered any of their questions or even talked to them and a few girls post one mean comment on one of my questions and block me before I can even reply. Now both those situations just shows a lack of maturity.

• No, but if they are on anon you have no idea who they are so when you get a mean comment from someone on anon you that has blocked your opinion you just have to ignore it.

• Oh I see what you mean.

• I always thought you could block a person who answered your question - This blocking as part of an argument is very annoying to people - I have done it I think once or twice but decided it was very childish - I now tend now not to get invovled in arguments rather than get angry and think about wanting to block.

• What i think is going on you've ask anonymous post/ question and the person making the opinion can block the anonymous from contacting them but I'm sure both persons need to be anonymous for this to take effect

• Apparently. I think it's been that way for a little while though. All you have to do is report someone. Some people are banned, because the asker doesn't like what they read. It's immature, I know. But some people don't seem to want to grow up.

• Wtf? GAG keeps arming trolls

• you can be banned from commenting on a particular opinion if the opinion owner blocks you. I know it's a stupid feature...

• Happens all the time... I don't mind. It stops me from wasting time trying to win internet arguments

What Girls Said 2

• yeah that's possible.. but this is soooo annoying.. i don't like it one bit..

• I haaaaaaaaaate this feature!