Would it be possible to implement voice chatting on this? If so what're your thoughts?

Title, opinions?

It could be only people that you follow and follow you back?

• Yes, would be cool
  • No, no, no?
Possibly video chat?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• well if u wanna hear each other's voices u can just agree to send voice recordings back and forth. other than that, i dont think that will come about before gag does the following:

1. makes an app for mobile
    2. enables notifications
    3. creates statuses showing who is or isn't online

so yeah haha, IF there's ever that feature, it's gonna take awhile.

• I get so many messages every day, not always the privacy nor the time I really need to do Video/chatting. I like the idea of just messaging like I do and not having to look my best at any given time for anyone for video or go back and forth with my voice that probably would end hoarse at the end of the day.
    I did Skype for many years with a husband out in Egypt and I never totally cared for it 100% and it caused many problems in our relationship.
    However, to each is own phone.
    Good luck.

• that would take a long time.. plus that's not the purpose of GaG.. so i don't think its needed

• This isn't a social networking site, so I don't think that's necessary.

• Dear lord... if you want to chat with someone like that just hit them up on Skype...

What Guys Said 4

• I've been on GaG for almost 6 years! What users do here on GaG, is trade contact info (user names on other chat / IM sites, or phone numbers), and contact there.

I have quite a few GaGers' contact info collected from over the years.

----

Now realistically, the bandwith and the site infrastructure changes from a software and cost standpoint... wouldn't make this worth it in my opinion.

Just trade contact info and do that elsewhere! :-D

• Good idea but sounds like a big upgrade to enable this - It might catch out a lot of fake accounts - Might have to create a new class of follower because I just tend to follow people who follow me.

• It'll be a greattttt initiative (Y)

• Just another way for the creepers to harass the others on here.