Why do a lot of people post anonymously?

Most people have a nickname and an avatar, and yet they post thing anonymously. I don't really get this, it's not like someone knows you in here.
Have you ever posted anonymously? If so, why?

by the way, feel free to hide in the answers

0|0
2|11

Most Helpful Girl

• many people eventually build a reputation around their avi and would like to protect more personal information

i've gone anonymous before for those reasons

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I only post anon because even if people can't tell who I "really am", they can go to your account on here and harass you, become annoying post stalkers, down vote or flag all your posts just to be assholes, follow your posts just so they can anonymously disagree or attack simply because you pissed them off once or made them look stupid.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• nah.. i don't go anon..

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• You can get well known through your username or your avatar - Some prefer a low profile

0|0
    0|0
  • people develop an identity on this website and wish to protect that identity
    sorta like a GaG identity

0|0
    0|0
  • To avoid getting creeped on or socializing.

0|0
    0|0
  • They feel shy man... don't push them

0|0
    0|0
  • for many reasons... some because they lack balls... and social/life skills hah.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of people can't be bothered to create a username, so they are forced to remain anonymous.

0|0
    0|0
  • they are pussy bishes

0|0
    0|0
  • Simple. There are a lot of whiny brats on this website who will block you for the dumbest reasons. If you're on the site long enough, it kills the questions you see on your feed.

Then people try messaging you if they see your avatar name, and I got sick of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you have family members here who know who you are, sometimes you just have to hide thing from them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anonymous is taking over. This is the beginning of the end. Join us.. in the shadows.. or else..

0|0
    0|0