Why are opinions removed for "suicidal tendencies"?

Seems a strange reason to remove an opinion. Is there a reason for it?

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be triggering for other people who've struggled with suicidal thoughts to read those kinds of questions. People who are suicidal should absolutely be able to talk about how they feel and have someone help them, but this site isn't set up for that, so if they are reported their question will be removed and they'll be directed to somewhere that will hopefully be more helpful

What Girls Said 1

• Suicide is a very sensitive topic so we prefer to hide those types of posts and send the user a "help" message instead. The help message has several links where the person can go to for professional help as well as the suicide hotline that they can call.

• Is that hotline exclusive to the US?

What Guys Said 6

• The reason is that none of us on this website is a licensed psychiatrist so wed only fuck up the person even more.

• i don't know, seems kinda odd. the only suicidal tendencies i know of is the band.

• I saw a good response to this type of question a while back from admin user @xhoneyxbeex but I can't find it maybe she still has it so I tagged her.

• You have been identified as subversive. You will be censored.

• I would never do it because life is long and with time tall things get better.

• Suicide is taboo and the subject is to some extent even prohibited by GaG rules.