What gives a mod the right to judge?

A lot of the mods here are 16-18 years old. So what gives them the right to judge which questions should be removed? I was about to answer a question from a 15 year old kid. The kid was asking "is it okay to take cocaine once?". Before I could answer the question was removed by a mod. What gives them the right to do that? I know it might be a troll but what if its a real person whos reaching out for help? doesn't that person deserve to gain experience from people who have been there? Yet questions from the likes of "tag your favourite person" remain untouched. I think mods should know better.

Most Helpful Girl

• under 18 questions are removed if they say stuff like this... i am not sure but i think they are sent a message and contacts to get help.. they sure do it when it seems someone has suicidal tendencies.. you might be trying to help but many people would say yeah do it. it is okay. and make jokes out of it.. drugs is a serious matter... and this could promote its usage..

• I completely understand the thing about suicidal tendencies but I think drugs are completely different subject. I have a faith in this community and I believe that no one would promote drug use. And lets face it even if the user was massaged contact information for help he'd never do that. But thats just my opinion. Thanks for answering.

• thanks for MHO. :) :)

• no problemo :)

Most Helpful Guy

• GaG Administration gives them the right to judge if a question should be hidden or not.

• You either didn't read what I wrote or you understood none of it. Either way thats not a smart answer.

• Why do you assume I either did not read it or did not understand it, I in fact did read your entire post and I believe my opinion is quite valid. You're looking for a more philosophical response of how minors can even be able to judge why a post should be hidden, well I don't care enough to give such a response, I simply gave you a logical one, the GaG administration is literally the only entity that gives moderators the right (power) to hide a post. It doesn't matter about experience, or giving people a chance, this is not a perfect system.

What Girls Said 3

• Mods are chosen based on their activity on the site. Users who post often, help others, correctly report posts and users who break the rules, etc... it's assumed that these users are, for all their activity, familiar with the rules and the ways of the site. That's what gives the Mods the "right to judge."

Also, rules can change. We used to keep question posts that involve discussing other members to a minimum (since they typically aren't really asking a question), but now they're practically encouraged, I suppose as a way for showing support for the community and having a way to interact with each other since there are no chat rooms.

Anything that gets removed is ultimately done so because the Admins feel that it went against the rules. The Mods hide posts, which is just our way of suggesting that something should be removed. It's then up to the Admins to decide whether or not the posts will stay. It's not the Mods you have a problem with, it's the rules.

• Mods being 16-18 is fine with me because i do fall into that age range and I consider myself wise (I was forced to grow up at an early age), however I do agree with you that their removing of questions and comments can be extremely arbitrary and unfounded.

• I had answers removed that were not even offensive at all and it was not nonsense but it was removed as nonsense

• I hear you, they also use "spamming" as a reason.

Your Opinion (listed below) has been removed because it was considered as spam. Solicitation of links, advertisements, e-mail addresses, personal information or any other information on GirlsAskGuys is not allowed. Please be more considerate with your future posts.
      Thank you for your understanding.

Post: Christians, What is your favorite Christian song?

Your Opinion removed: Smack My Bitch Up.

Reason: Spamming

That's why I just post whatever the fuck I want these days.

• @snackbar they removed it for another reason I don't see how that's spam

What Guys Said 6

• That question could be taken as a endorsement to take an illegal drug even if only one person urges them to do it so if I was a mod I would have hidd

• * hidden the question. As I say to anybody concerned about mods, become a mod redress the balance

• Nothing gives them the right, but they do it anyway, often poorly and without discretion, judgment or humor.

• I am seriously ticked off by this. None of the mods answered and I see them asking pointless questions right now. I guess the website is flawed and we have to accept it.

• They can't justify what they do even when they answer, admins are massively cowardly and discourteous too.

• Like Onca Judge use to say, don't judge the judge, cause there is only 1 judge. Onca judge.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qTfVNOXNOSg

• Mods don't have final say, the admins decide whether to confirm a removal or to completely rescind it.

• You can ask that for any institution. What gives a priest the right to judge? What give a judge the right to judge?

• They have been given "the right to judge" by the people who make G@G.

• do they deserve that right?

• If they didn't somehow earn that by showing they can make mature and accurate posts... then G@G wouldn't have granted them that right.