Hey GaGers.. have you noticed any changes (GaG updates)?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I posted this on another question already but, the only major change for users is the new ability to change your notification settings if a user does not want to receive "Asker/myTake owner upvoted" notifications. If you go to your settings page and look under the "Privacy" box, you should see the new "Notifications" box and if you uncheck that and click "save" then users will no longer receive notifications for up votes :)

Other changes simply include:
    -The "Asker upvoted" label on question and myTake opinions is now smaller and more discreet
    -When visiting another users' opinions page on their profile, you can now see their up/down votes on their opinions

• that's nice.. many users wanted to get rid of asker upvote notification.. lol..

• There is no specific place for that. If a user would like to give us site suggestions, they can send us a contact form about it though :) www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• alrighty.. :)

What Guys Said 18

• I don't know if this is the right place, but it would be nice if I could report my own comments like I used to be able to do. Not that I need it all the time, but sometimes, you find out that your message might be ill interpreted and wish you had written it another way. If I could downright delete them or hide them, it would be even better.
    Also, the color of the new green notification bar seems out of place. Maybe a color that fits better with the established pallette would be better? And since when you submit an opinion, it already takes you to another page, why not just embedding the message in the page instead of floating and sometimes appearing over the notification drop down menu? I think the new way of showing asker's upvote is great, but a pink or blue color would make it a little more visible...

• I've noticed another stupid change. It used to say "Asker upvoted" or similar. Now there is just a silly little grey anonymous up-arrow to the left of the opinion. WTF are the web designers up to? The GAG interface is getting worse all the time, just like FB does!

• There is also a different order to the functions on the question page. The "Who to ask " bit is now further down the page. I think this is a good change, as I was always missing it!!

• haha.. alrighty.. glad to know you like something..

• There aren't many things I can say are improvements. Most is just change for the sake of it. Some changes are really stupid, and while working OK on a PC or similar, Just don't work properly on a Galaxy TAb4

• Privacy update option in the settings to disable the "asker upvoted your comment!" notification thing.

Also the "asker upvoted" is now a tiny little icon next to the post. I changed it to a delta on my PC.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4363931/GAG-delta.PNG

• were you bothered by the asker upvote notification? many users were.. lol..

• looks cool

• @dudegrt09 aye, it is pretty useful :D

Also the upper notification bar is now aligned properly on mobile.

• Someone else is now adding photos to my Takes.

• They are removing your pics?

• No, they are using my pictures, but moving them lower in the Take, and adding their photos at the top and at other places in the body of the Take.

• Ooh.. okay 😊

• Yes they made it more noticeable when one gets a Upvote
    but it's good when they make changes for the good

• The "asker upvoted" is now a stupid little thing that one can easily miss. Besides that... haven't noticed.

But yeah, I like the old blue, clearly visible text better.

• what text?

• yeah.. but i think this is better.. it was too big and too much colors going on,.. so many blues and pinks..

• Yeah, that was a problem.

• Just noticing most of them now as I go through the GaG topic - Nothing major that affects me.

• I may have missed them but... now I read in the top right corner that you can turn notifications for upvotes off. Sounds interesting :D
    Nice new profile pic!

• lol.. thank you.. :) 🙈

• The way we can see that the asker upvoted our opinion has changed.

• yup.. and you can get rid of asker upvote notification too

• Well making the question has changed but other than that nope!

• They changed things again what's new?

• I noticed you changed your profile pic hahaa

• LOL.. yeah.. this is a new update too.. they asked me to change my profile pic.. haha..

• lemme know when your ready i'll be right here waiting fo ya ;P

• aww.. so sweet of you.. sure thing.. lol. ;P

• Can you update us please?

• Read honeybee's opinion 😊

• You are also admin of this page , right?

• who?

• yeah.. lol..

• you can send your suggestions here.. :)
      www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• Only the asker upvoted thing is now a little arrow

• I like them.

• yeah that asker upvoted thing is gone and we now have a different sign for that

• Yes your eyes tend to get bigger each day 😂

• what? LOL.. 😂😂😂

• No its hasn't! You're just an attention seeker 😂😂😂 #achasorry

• haha.. whatevs man..

What Girls Said 7

• I think the 'asker upvoted' thing is different. It's not as obvious now, it's like a little grey thing next to the answer (I think!) :)

• yeah i see that too.. lol.. its better

• Yes
    When I ask a question it edits to the word guys, when I click on guy and if i click on girl it will say girls or if I click on both it will stay the same
    It's pretty cool
    Also instead of a grey shadow there is a green ring around it

• I think they removed the xper ranking for last month and replaced it with last 30 days - not sure though.

• yeah.. i noticed that too. plus there are no top weekly xpers.. i dont like it..

• Same here.

• The asker upvote button is different, and you can see your opinions in which the asker upvoted you. That's another it.

• yeah.. Orange notification bar turned green :P

• Only what @Mesonfielde said about the notifications on upvoting.

• Yes and some of the changes I've seriously love them. Like you don't have to do an @ anymore and can just click the message bubble on where they commented. Then asking a question they moved the which people you want to answer.