Have most people on GaG not had a good education?

I am quite new to GaG and it appears to me that most people are quite ignorant , and can't provide intelligent answers to most questions. I hate to use the word th*ck, but it seems to me... most people are.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya the intelligence level isn't very high on here

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 32

• As near as I can tell, the people at GaG actually have above average education. That doesn't mean ALL GaGers, only the average. But the thing is, even people with PhDs can say ignorant things. Experts can even be full of shit in their field of specialty. Nobody is knowledgeable about everything. Everyone makes mistakes, or says things off the top of their head that might be wrong.

The same is true in real life. Most people just aren't rigid enough to verify every single thing they say. Conversations would be burdensome and boring that way. We have to accept a certain amount "inaccuracies" for conversations to flow. Footnotes and bibliographies don't belong in conversations.

• Most people on here don't even seem to have common sense

• Either you haven't seen enough here to judge, you aren't taking into account the age groups, or you have high standards with unreasonable expectations.

I also think people here are pretty darn ignorant. But in real life I mostly hang around people in their 50s to 90s, and nobody at all under 40. The age group here is far younger, so I don't have the same expectations.

• im here to fuck around. i apologize in the future for all of the stupid ass shit i post.

in the meantime...

weknowmemes.com/.../...es-the-last-fuck-i-give.gif

I <3 you anon! 😂😂😂

• You haven't realised this yet? I don't mean this in a patronising way but this is reality in general.
    People and mainstream society prefers slapstick comedy to intelligent dry humour.
    People prefer dubstep to an a orchestrated ensemble
    People prefer short, snappy simple questions and answers to a philosophically deep and detailed response
    People prefer to orient their attention to a soundbite culture as opposed to in depth literature

• Painfully accurate.

• very good

• Guilty as charged. Our need for instant self-gratification has resulted in a limited... ooh look, a puppy!

• 2|1
    • Yeah," moving on" to another website would be best for you. I can't say you'll be missed too much 😂😂

• Pretty convenient of you to judge hundreds if not thousands of people at once while giving us no chance of seeing whether you live up to your own standards.

• I think her estimation is accurate. A lot of people on GAG are small-minded, ignorant, and shallow. Some users, mainly the top, established, and well-known users (Level 9+ typically) are cool, but the general sheep here sucks a lot of the time. Not trying to be "Xperist" as I've seen some pretty cool users under 10,000 Xper on here, but I am speaking in general. And I feel like it's worse now than say a year-and-a-half ago. A year ago, I thought most of the users were chill and cool

Also, people are too opposed to generalizations here, I think. Although generalizations of course are not going to be true for everyone in that specific group, a correct generalization will isolate a notable trend of that specific group. Besides, Asker didn't even make a generalization as she added in the word "most", but even if she didn't it doesn't make her entire point invalid.

• Generalization is used when people can't come up with an intelligent answer

• I agree, she should have posted without going anon so that we can see how intelligent her questions and opinions are.

• Most people on G@G are here to get answers... because they don't know what they are. Whether this is because they're stupid or antisocial or have bad stereotypes doesn't really matter. They're here to give and receive knowledge.

You can't just go to a class that you're already familiar with and call everyone in the class stupid for being in the class. Nobody would bother learning anything.

If you're frustrated with poor answers then that's understandable, but there's ways of filtering out bad answers by up/downvotes and MHO percentages. If you're only receiving bad answers, maybe it was a bad question?

On that note, I'm going to be straight with you: I don't know what kind of answer you're looking for. You mostly just stated your bias for the rest of us to hear. What is it that you want me to answer? That people are stupid?

Yeah. We can be. But considering we are willing participants on a site made for education, I don't think you're giving us enough credit.

• Most don't even have common sense

• To me, understanding why I got robbed is common sense. Why someone is upset. What they think of me. Why I'm depressed or happy. Why I'm a failure. Why I'm not. It's all pretty simple.

Why I shouldn't judge people for getting less education than me. Why I shouldn't take it personally when people disagree with me. I consider that common sense, too.

I mean, if you want to leave, that's a huge disappointment (no sarcasm) since you aren't the first and won't be the last. The real disappointment is that you know better, and that potential isn't being used to help those who don't.

• Everyone judges each other. We even do it without realizing it at times.

• Yeah, I was raised by a pack of wolves.

• "Y'all are idiots," says anonymous troll.

• it's not the ignorant part that gets me, it's the extremely bad spelling.

• I don't give a shit about spelling or grammar... it's the stupidity of most people 😂

• and for the record, old yahoo puts this site to shame. now, a lot people left because they changed the format.

• Oh i will check out that website. I have heard the calibre of people are much nicer and more intelligent. Thanks!

• I'd say the ultimate act of ignorance is to paint a broad swath of people with a unicolor brush, willfully ignoring the nuances of others' opinions while putting yourself on a pedestal at the same time. Ironic, isn't it, that you outed yourself while attempting to smear all of us?

• Oh, you are upset. The truth does hurt... doesn't it 😂😂

• Troll harder, dude.

• I would love to try trolling sometimes. Maybe you could give me some tips

• Why would you star out the 'i' in thick? Is thick an offensive word to people now? Can we not call people thick-headed or dense? Is the world really getting that sensitive and politically correct? Oi yoi yoi.

The reason people don't give intelligent answers is because that takes thought and effort, and the lot of us are all just lazy fucks here to kill some time and distract us from the monotony of our miserable and wretched existences.

• A guy on gag had his opinion removed for adding the " i" in the word thick, so i thought i'd play it safe

• Did this offended me? NO
    is this true? some of it YES
    Are opinions here insightful? ONLY FEW ARE
    Have most people on GaG not had a good education? I AM NOT GONNA ANSWER THAT

• I am afraid it is even worse and quite possibly it is laziness - There are lots of clues, the presence of a large amount of swearing is case in point.

• Honestly if you're looking for intelligent answers to every questions you picked the wrong site. I suggest you trying www.quora.com They're quite serious there and gives pretty intelligent answers.

• You can even get answers from the president of the USA himself on Quora.

• I can't imagine him being able to provide any answers to genuine peoples problems.

• I'm going to attend a top 100 university, I already got accepted.
    I don't know, but I personally try my best when it comes to giving helpful advice...
    I usually write elaborate answers..

• Good for you!

• I also had luck that I got accepted, luck alway plays a role in whatever you do

• Double major graduate checking in

• So you left and came back, but why?

• My god, right? I hear you. The stupidity and shallowness here is disgusting and causing me to become misantrophic.

• We should play chess sometime soon 😂😂

• in my opinion most of the users here get too caught up in their emotions and come off unpolished.

That's what I have noticed being here for almost 6 years.

• http://i.imgur.com/WoJiNwW.png

\?///////////////////////////////////////////

• Ikr itz liek people dont go too skool, retarded ansers, no education, no gramar. Honestly, gag shoud hav a iq filter. This iz ridiculos.

• I can be pretty stupid when im laying bed naked, watching spongebob on the tv, while answering annoying questions on gag

• Thank you?

• Why the question mark?

• I agree with you, I find many people thick here too and they're so childish that when someone corrects them they block him/her...

• haha and the people who are taking this question personally is another example of thick morons

• wut iz gag?

• I got a good education so not all gagers

• Considering the number of US members I think that's a given. See also: The Dumbing Down of the USA.

• What do you mean?

• cool story bro... eople will answer as rthey please.

• Oh, you are upset lol

• Oh, i have upset you again. You've spat your dummy out babe. There there 😂😂

• eh? i don't give a fck either way... just amused at your character/personality...

• Does that include you then?

• Most people just want their problems to go away, they aren't interested in their nature. They do not spend time examining the garbage or asking themselves how there came to be so much of it.

That's why no matter how much they throw out, there is always more.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 12

• I think most people are on here just to have fun and say what they want without the criticism they'd get if it was real life. That's why some of the threads and responses are so out there, overly superficial, or head-bang worthy sometimes. But then there are plenty of thoughtful articles and questions and serious questions asked as well. Balances it out somewhat, no? This place is honestly a good portal to ask your deepest darkest most secret questions and get feedback from real people no strings attached. It has nothing to do with education and more to do with the anonymity of the net.

Sometimes I get turned off by the amount of superficial questions there are, but hey, it's what people are wondering and wanna talk about on here I suppose.

• If you want intelligent discussions, there are better places for it. I would think a quick glance at this site would make that obvious. Not that there aren't educated people on here, but... GAG is for entertainment.

Sure, people are helped and some interesting opinions are expressed, but it's not meant to be all that serious.

• Ignorance is not necessarily a result of lack of education. There may be a correlation there, but no causation.

An education will give you good academic-based knowledge. It won't give you a better view of the world culturally-speaking as well. Ignorance is more something that comes about from religious/cultural influences, both of which tend to override any education. Also, a lot of people here seem to post just for shits and giggles. More to fuck around than give actual sound advice.

• I know, right? Sometimes I lose brain cells every time I come on the website. That's what happens when you come onto a public forum though. :/

• You're a loser when you feel the need to go anonymous to insult others.

The reason why you feel that way is because someone did not agree with your poor mentality (an opinion on another question perhaps) and you took offense from that and now are all butt-hurt over something online. Grow up, you're 25-29 that's old to be so touchy over something over the web. It's not our fault you're so touchy and get offended by others so easily, nor is it our fault that you can't accept that we all think differently because we all have our own minds. I suppose from all your years being alive you still cannot comprehend that having a different point of view doesn't mean someone is more or less ignorant than others.

You're very welcome to leave the site instead of sitting here nagging and bitching just because you're not mature enough to understand we don't all agree with your way of thinking.

• Oh, i have offended you. Good! That was really my intention haha

• Oh no, not at all. I'm just stating you're an idiot, considering your age an all. :)

• i was raised by circus freaks but they accepted me as their own
    feedmeinbooks.files.wordpress.com/.../...t-gif.gif

• Just love Dean from supernatural 💜💜💜💜

• I feel so happy to know i have offended you. That was my intention haha

• my spelling is fine. good to know because as you can tell everyone gives a shit about the anons on here. remember you can always tell what a person is like by how they treat the people they feel are inferior to them.

• Not true at all. I have my Master's degree. Plenty of us are well-educated. Don't let a few people ruin the overall group.

• this site is more for fun..
    you are anon..
    people who think they are better than others are the fools..

• Fun! LMAO. A fool is someone who is not perceptive enough to see through the meaning of my question lol

• Well ima sleep now.. take care dearie.. 😊😊😊

• Goodnight! Sweet dreams!

• frankly , your education goes out the window once you join any forum
    but you get it back once you log out :)

• Well some of the questions warrant stupid answers but this site is for fun. Don't take it to seriously.

• welcum 2 da interwebs

• That's because most people here are bloody idiots, which you can be even with many years in school.