Brutally Honest or Sugar-Coat?

When giving opinions on GaG - are you brutally honest or do you sugar - coat?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on who asked the question and what it is about.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm honest, but I do know...

Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down - In a most delightful way.

What Guys Said 24

• I'm ALWAYS honest and to the point but yes I do make it a point to least hurt anyone but I don't hide facts.

Again everything is a matter of perception. There are many who have mentioned to me that I'm rude till I don't explain what, why and how to them :) Ofcourse there are those who aren't convinced, in which case so be it :) :)

• I don't think you are rude at all. I find you very honest and very, very nice 😊 you are one of my favorite gagers!

• Wow those words men a lot to me anon young lady :) :) :) and thank you for the up vote too :) <3

• I feel that being brutally honest is often an excuse made by some people that are really just a bastard or bitch. To everyone else notice I said SOME. I feel that people should not lie but they should also word things that are honest without being offensive. That is what I try to do.

• l agree 100%. There's no need to hurt people. A lot of people are hurting inside so a few honest tactful words can make all the difference to their perspective.

• I think many people on GAG use the "I am just being honest" as a cop out to be a bastard or bitch to be honest.

• Well I was brutally honest to a well known Gager girl here about how old she looks in her very own thread and now she won't PM me anymore

• I'm typically brutally honest, but not in an antagonistic manner. Some people think I'm "being rude", but if I just state things as they are, that's not "rude" in my opinion.

• To be honest, i find you very rude at times... but i kinda like you.

• I'm trying to be as direct as possible. There is a possibility that I'm a bit *too* direct, I guess.

Well, rudeness is not my intention. At least you're *kinda* okay with it, that's always a plus :D

• Lol well you have grown on me over time. I realize that you don't deliberately try to hurt people. Plus in the past you have given me great advice to issues i had at the time. 😊

• more often than not. I would say about 80:20 brutally honest. sometimes a little more tact can help smooth things out.

• I agree with most helpful guy - I make a call on QA and tailor my advice that I think will help the most as others have said sometimes a bit of sugar helps medecine go down.

• I agree! I am. the same. A wise person can give an opinion without being brutal, but being honest with it.

• If we are not brutally honest, how do we help others? You should be because you will set the worst case scenario reaction to someone's question. Most people will be honest but not brutal in person.

• You obviously understand my question!

• If I sugar-coat it, I usually try a crΓ¨me brulee... that hardened exterior that cracks at first and then you can delight in the sweet custardy dessert and vanilla ess... hang on, what were we talking about?

• I'm 100 % for real when i give advice i don't like to sugar-coat things.

• I'm honest while trying to help people see the good.

• I'm brutally honest both in real life and on GaG. I think we're old enough to handle the harsher truth you are looking for and shouldn't act childish like it'll kill you.

• I disagree! Handing the harsh truth has nothing to do with a persons age. As you get older and mature... you'll realize that.

• oh, i think it is you who doesn't like my brutal honesty. If you can't handle it then... stop being so childish lol

• Look female, your tone gives me the impression you don't like my opinion and decided to get smart with me for it. If that's how you think, all good. We're human and think differently. So I don't give a fuck about what you claim is your own brutal honesty. Its what it sounded like that irritated me.

So excuse me for not knowing what the hell you're trying to say over a damn screen.

• Brutally honest. If you ask a question, you should expect a true answer, not a comforting piece of writing.

• Your MHO % will answer your own question

• My MHO level indicates that people don't like it, which is the very definition of "brutally" honest.

• Because it's offensive

• more on the side of brutally honest. Whats the point of giving a sugar coated answer? I think people want the truth , no?

• I tend to be honest "to a fault."

• Typically sugar coated, but not always. Depends on the question.

• Brutally honest. I'm done sugarcoating things long ago, it's frustrating for myself.

• If you had wisdom it wouldn't frustate you

• I always see myself forced to sugar coat.

• I basically fart my shitty comments on their faces.

• Brutally honest - Was there ever any doubt?

• Brutally honest to the level of pissing off people

• Honest xxx

• brutally honest.

• I don't sugar coat, ass-kiss or beat around the bush.

Having said that I try not to be too mean about it when being brutally honest.

• A little of both depending on the situation

What Girls Said 15

• Anyone who knows me knows that I don't sugar coat shit. I'm blunt and honest, therefore I often come off as a bitch. Which explains the bazillion haters. Oh well.

• I'm not really the best at being brutal unless someone pisses me off, but I don't think I sugar coat it either. I just do my best to be honest and give my opinion in a way that doesn't hurt other people and doesn't let them off the hook for shit either. It doesn't always end up that way :P

• I like to find a happy medium. I'm very honest but I'm also not a jerk when I give people that honesty. I don't sugar coat things but I believe it's very possible to deliver the truth to someone with tact and not insult them in the process.

• i am honest when i post opinions on GAG

• im honest, but Im tactful. Not mean, there's a difference

• I agree you can be honest without being mean about it. I feel many people here abuse the term "honest".

• They are people that think that just from owning a different brand of phone you are saying they bought the wrong phone. They have no confidence in what they decided to buy.

• Yes , i am exactly the same. I am very honest , but tactful with it. I choose my words wisely so as not to hurt anyone.. .. intentionally.

• I tend to be brutally honest :)

• I'd like to say I'm honest. Dunno though. *shrug*

• Depends on the question and the person asking it

• I see no reason to sugar coat anything for a bunch of idiots I will never meet.

• Brutally honest.

• I'm brutally honest.

• I'm brutally honest with most of my opinions.

• Definitely brutally honest. In fact I've said it several times that I won't super coats things

• I'm brutally honest.

• Brutally honest as how I am in real life. I'd rather be that than a liar.