Do you think the majority of GAG users are sheltered idiots?

It's like they never go out into the real world, all I see are misogynists, bigots, deeply religious virgins, and just plain old virgins who give the worst advice on sex/relationships or freak out when you try to explain something like group sex/cuckoldry. I see so much narrowmindedness on here I can only hope it's not a true reflection of the world we live in.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't call them idiots.
    But I definitely agree.
    There are people here who are more sheltered than most, and usually they have the most harsh judgment towards others.
    I don't know if its because they are angry because someone is living the life they want, or it's the fact that they are so deeply invested in their religion.

• Very eloquent, respectful, tactful way of voicing your opinion. I completely agree! I see people here all the time and it's blatantly obvious that they're sheltered to the point of being completely unaware/unrealistic about the interworking's of society.

• Thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of the idiots on here, sorry to say, are guys... and a lot of them are internet recluses. The reason why you rarely ever see people like this in your day to day interactions is because they spend like 90% of their time complain on here about either women are bitches, [insert race/group] is infringing on my freedomz, or whatever else happens to be trending at the time. It is what it is though. Still a handful of decent people still worth talking to

What Girls Said 14

• Perhaps the majority of GAG users are normal people, but the ones who stick out most are sheltered idiots, as you say.

• If this is true then you're one of em' :)

• YESSSSSSSSS.

• You are a prime example of what I'm talking about...

• Haha, I would have done that so many other times on your posts on here if you hadn't blocked me, who's the real coward?

• Honey, blocking someone doesn’t automatically make you a coward. Sometimes blocking someone is a major service to yourself if their presence doesn’t seem to amount to anything productive, useful, positive, or fruitful. If I blocked you, it was probably because I do not value your mouth, your intellect, nor your overall vibe. Is that really my fault?

• I wish I was a sheltered idiot. I never have a day where I just get to stay home secluded and alone. Sounds like paradise.

• I'm not like that anymore, but I once was. Trust me, it gets old after a while, and it turns from paradise into tedious repetition.

• I am pure and free of sin. I am Aeon the pure and noble.

• No kidding @BelleGirl21 I long for the sheltered serenity afforded to the common idiot.

• I'm not a virgin and I'm an Atheist. This is a relationship advice site so of course it'll attract virgins and inexperienced people.

• Am I a virgin? Yes. Am I completely oblivious to the world and what goes on in it? No. I don’t comment much on relationship questions because I know that my knowledge on the matter is scarce. I am not religious but I do identify with the Christian faith. My faith however is not the reason I have stayed a virgin and has definitely not hindered me from accepting new ideas and beliefs.

• Majority? No
    Just about half

• I don't think so, the normal people probably don't use this site... I mean even the name is color coded!

• Oh I meant yes for them being sheltered idiots

• Yes I totally agree with you. 100 percent. It blows my mind the shit I see on here.

• Hey, I might be a sheltered virgin but I am not an idiot.

• I totally agree!

• Yeah, man, I mean askers of those kinds of questions are the perfect example themselves, right? ;)

• Yes and one of those idiots even commented on this post.

• Which person?

• Seriously? Well then I apologize. I just received a down vote and you were the most recent opinion posted.

Well I do know who it is then.

• WE'RE STILL WAITING

What Guys Said 19

• I think there's a lot of introverts but I wouldn't say "sheltered idiots".

I agree about explorare tho
    She freaks out and blocks anyone who disagrees with her.

• ""misogynists, bigots, deeply religious virgins""

This is a site that in its core primarily focuses on social interaction and social relations between members of the two sexes. Obviously one who's a misogynist, a bigot, or a DEEPLY religious virgin would have trouble relating to the necessary societal elements and communication skills; and as thus, would be more inclined to seek advice on the matter.

So it makes sense that "sheltered" people would run about. However, I think it takes a certain level of self-awareness to realize that you have a problem, and you ought to seek out a means to solve it; so I wouldn't call them idiots (that, and calling someone an "idiot" wouldn't really fix anything, would it?), possibly just ignorant.

I remember the times when I used to think the greatest quality a female can have is their "fragility" because it "represents femininity", and that "the most important thing for them is to be sought out by a male" and all that. Didn't make any sense at all. Dehumanization is a key element in our culture. Or maybe I just didn't learn the right aspect of it due to having the "wrong" exposure. I have no idea where everything went so wrong, haha.

Anyways, some people aren't that open-minded, but they don't have to be if they don't want to. However, if you're sexually reclusive to the point that you're making your own SO uncomfortable, then the problems that will arise from that are inevitable.

• Using the virgin insult again... what is this, 2007 again? Opinions, positive and negative, fly in all directions on this site. I think you need to stop using this site if you keep making the same topics over and over again because you have a chip on your shoulder. It's also very telling that you didn't criticize the other end of the spectrum, just "virgins" and "misogynists". It seems like you can't handle anything that disagrees with poor little important you, grow some balls you miserable little crybaby.

• I'm not going to be open-minded about cuckoldry.

• Not sheltered, but I sure am an idiot.

• Aren't we all, darling?

• The more I recognize my own ignorance, the more I am able to learn. Deep thoughts for a villain (but mostly as a grad student).

• @9mfeo Can't argue with that.

• I've been here almost 6 years and trust me, users on GaG as a whole do not reflect the real world! There are some sheltered people here for sure, there are users here like myself that live balanced real world lives.

Like I tell people, since I casually browse this site on my phone throughout the day when I have down time , it SEEMS like I live on GaG 24/7. :-P

• xD 'the kinds virgins' part made me laugh

Well, I see a lot of nice people on here. Maybe we don't go after the same questions, I don't know
    But every now and then there's this kind of asker who gets offended and swears at you, when YOU try to help and never said anything that was offensive

• I think they are the minority real society, and are here reaching out to similarly touched-in-the-head idiots hoping for reassurance that they aren't alone in their strange views.

• I don't think being opposed to cuckoldry is "narrowmindedness" neither does being dismissive of others who are dismissive of you make you look any better.

• You must be talking to the wrong people

• Pretty much yeah. Used not to be this way.

• It's like they are new to the internet and this is the first place they wound up.

• There's some truth to it, yes.

• So you judge people by religion and if they are virgins? You need more of god. You can be forgiven.

• Duh. it seems like nobody can pick up on social cues here. They take every message literally and miss BLATANT jokes

• jeez not you again. the 25-29 y o guy complaining about sheltered virgin gagers... speaking for your own frustration?

• U realise u r on gag 😂 and who are u? 😂 I am sure u got a noble prize or did something great in ur life

• There are some pretty rude assholes on here

• Thee, Sir, must certainly be a member of the Anonymous majority here.