Why “No Opinion” section is so much ignored since “+1 Xper” bonus from posting first from your gender was abolished?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wonder this. People tend to just go through the main feed but people need to check out that part because it's getting so full lately! Then people will get more opinions for their questions. :)

• i'm da only who does as it seems... :|

• As soon as anyone posts an opinion on one of them, it no longer is in the "No Opinion" section, so all that gives the asker is one opinion, not more opinions.

• @Red_Arrow I know but when you answer them, it shows up in the feed and they usually get more eventually.

Most Helpful Guy

• The +1 xper had it's advantages and disadvantages. Since then, less people have been motivated to go there due to no incentive. Not all the people were xper hunters. I don't know, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back the +1 xper for this.
    Perhaps maybe a +1 xper point if the question doesn't get an opinion after a certain amount of time, like a day or whatever? So that it will reduce clutter at the bottom while still discouraging xper hunters from quickly answering whatever new posts there are first?

The other problem is that I can't go down to the bottom of the section without hitting "show more posts" a hundred times. It makes it frustrating to answer questions at the bottom of the page.

• i do dat often though... :|

• I was wondering why all the ones at the bottom tended to be "girls only" questions xD

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 8

• I noticed that too!!! So uncool!!!

• guess it demonstrates a lot of people here are Xper hunters
    but maybe that means that the people who answer will actually give a good answer to these people instead of a short crappy one

• basically only i answer there from wot i've noticed... there r still unanswered questions being like 10 days there... :/

• i've answered from that section from time to time
      but honestly, a lot of times i don't know what to say to them that would be helpful

• Just shows how many people on here are willing to give crappy short answers for xper points

• Just goes to prove it's all about the point's.

• I didn't even know about the +1 Xper bonus if you haven't mentioned it, but I guess that explains why I actually got some good answers recently.
    Now you also have to access the menu above to get to the No Opinions section. I often forget about it...

• Oh no - I hadn't noticed that you don't get xper for being the first... Boooo!

• it's better actually... some people overused dis feature and as a result no-opinion section was empty many times... i didn't like it since some serious questions were gettin lost... but now it's ignored by almost everyone... bad thing... :/

• really? but y?

i don't see da reason y people would do it... if in case someone's an "Xper Hunter"... wouldn't it be better to answer 2 less serious questions than a serious one?

• I don't know, I'm fickle, I don't care about xper now the gift card is 7000. If I did I wouldn't be closing my accounts all the time, ha!

• I don't know, but it's stupid... posting first was a great bonus :)

• No incentives... Nobody cares anymore.

What Guys Said 6

• you probably stated the very reason why it is lol

• A single point would be a very small price to pay to get the ball rolling on a lot of those questions. Many of them are very long, and/or have been seen in some very similar form many times before. Many are also anonymous and somewhat incoherent (more so than on the rest of the site). Even a single xper point would be enough to get at least some response on "No Opinions," but otherwise it's frequently just not worth it, even for someone who cares little for xper and simply wants to help others. Bottom line is there's a relatively high cost/benefit ratio with a lot of those questions.

• then wot if GAG was Xper-free?

• honestly i believe if Xper didn't xist... then GAG would have only 10-15% among da current totall # of members...

• Yeah, even Yahoo Answers has/had a kind of points system. I bet you're right.

• I remember you klaatu would literally attack those no opinion posts

• Let the admins know about this issue. Maybe they'll do something about this.

• Must admit I tend to avoid the "No Opinions", the question are just too long and rarely interest me.

• TIL there's a no opinion section on gag.