@Gagers what you do you feel when you see a long description to a question?

I usually say.. Ahh fuck you nd scroll down unless question is so damn interesting

• I scroll down after an abuse
  • I read it fully and answer
  • Mostly scroll down
  • Mostly answer

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends how it is written. If you are going to write a massive story please put it in paragraphs. If it reads like "So at 9:51 am today my friend said... this and her boyfriend said this... and O m gosh I can't believe she said this back to me and I said... then she said this O my gosh my friend is such a bitch and I said... then I get fed up with it. Also I know you need some information but it can be how a person words it, writes it etc that makes the difference. If the spelling or grammar or sentences are so badly constructed you can't understand it I often won't bother answering either especially if there are paragraphs of it.

What Girls Said 9

• As long as I have been here on GAG, @Imhotshot and as many MHOs as I have gotten, if I have time, and apparently I have had this Time, I will surely Answer a Long one, even if I 'Scroll down,' I can get the Jest of the Question and get right to the root of the Problem at hand.
    If I am busy and see some shorties, I will Respond and even make my own 'Answer'... Lengthy.
    Good luck. xx

• Ahan that's so nice of you @paris13 .. But really I don't have that much patience :p

• Job done xD

• :)) xxoo @Imshotshot

• Well i think the main question can be answered within the first few sentences of the description.

If a guy ignores your texts, for instance, no amount of "he looked at me and smiled once, and dropped his pen near me in class, and stared at me in the hallway. .. etc " will make me change my thoughts on the situation. I will skim to be sure I haven't missed anything, then pass judgment :)

• sometimes i skip it, sometimes ill read a few sentences here and there which helps me piece it together enough to answer.

• I feel bad for sometimes skipping it, because honestly I do not want to be reading an essay, I want to skip all the minor things that don't need to be mention and get to the main point, I understand a little background info is needed but does it really have to be THAT long?

• Ya right.. I do the very same thing when more than half page is of stupid unwanted details

• @asker then better just avoid it and not answer instead... asker won't appreciate yer answer much... trust me... he/she'll appreciate someone's who read it fully...

well... it's like a video-game u know... when u play a video-game... do u wanna play it from da start or start from 90% (for xample)?

same thing goes here...

• @Klaatu51 If I've one video game I'll play it to the end but If I've 1000's of it I'll jus look over some nd skip the annoying ones

• I usually answer because I know what it feels like when you write a long description to your question and nobody answers, it's irritating.

• fuckin disgustin isn't it?

everytime i've asked a LD question... i just had 1-2 answers...

• @Klaatu51 samee, I hate it. And you took your whole time writing all that shit out -.-

• Literally time wasting

• tbh sometimes they get me like
    stream1.gifsoup.com/.../homer-hedge-o.gif

• It depends on what type of question it is. I don't mind reading but not if it's some long, drawn out spiel about like why white people are superior or about someone's bf/gf obviously being a tool and then them asking whether they should leavee them.

• I usually avoid them. I haven't got time for that!

• Mostly it depends on the question & how it is written.

What Guys Said 7

• It TOTALLY depends on if the long description is well formatted or not. I will read a long description if it is well formatted

• only me and another gal voted "B"?

WTF? wot's wrong wid u ppl?

• If it's an unformatted w all of text, I'll skip it. If it's well written, I read it. I don't consider the maximum question length on this site long, it's not hard to read.

• If it's one giant fucking wall of words, I'd skip the question.

• Read it fully if the first and last sentence catches my attention...

• My eyes glaze over and I just answer based on the original question. I don't want wade through masses of irrelevant detail.

• I answer the titles question. Anything else is just extra