Do you know when you're going to get MHO?

If I bother to write a proper response I often get MHO, but I know that if someone is asking how to speak to someone else and I actually tell them what to say, 99% of the time I will get the MHO.

You may ask then why don't you have a super high MHO, well that is because I am lazy!

Do you know when you're writing something that you will be getting the MHO?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I can't predict that.

• Bet you didn't predict that one either :)

• Yes, you're right. Thanks for the MHO.

• No worries hombre :0

Most Helpful Girl

• I seldom see it coming. No offense to anyone here at all, but I could write a well thought out opinion and the MHO will go to one of the cool kids who will write one line about something irrelevant. I'm ok with it though, the cool kids ARE pretty cool.

• Yeah, I hear you on that one! I think some Askers do it because they want to get some recognition, get in with the cool club...

• Aww, thank you! I'm a cool kid :)

• Damn straight you are! :)

What Guys Said 13

• There are times when I suspect it's likely, but I've been here long enough that I've seen many MHOs given to someone's one-sentence reply that simply agrees with the Asker's position, even if it's totally wrong. Or someone who awards it to the funniest answer while ignoring good advice.

So, I never count on an MHO award. I simply give the best answer I can give (at least usually - I do joke or get frustrated occasionally) and let the chips fall where they may.

• Yeah, that does happen a lot! I never count on it and I don't get sad or annoyed if I give a good answer and don't get it, but most of the time if I think I'm going to get it, I do.

• Too many people on here have pretty good answers to figure that the asker will like yours more. And many times the Asker is just looking for agreement with their opinion on something.

Plus, many users prefer the answers from their own age group. Which can be funny when a young user asks for opinions on something that more experienced users would have the better answers, but they go with the opinion of someone younger that really is an immature hope rather than a likely reaon/cause/suggestion or whatever.

• I don't know - if I write something and think 'that's going to get MHO, or it should do' I almost always do get it.

I get what you're saying though.

• I personally don't care much about MHO's. If I'm awarded well yipee but if not, oh well. At least there were people who probably read what I wrote.

• Only when the question is old, and nobody answered it yet. Or even if it's new, but very few people answered it and all have been short stupid answers, then I just have to put some sense into it. Otherwise it's hard to get for me.

• Most of the time yes, but there a few that I thought would get MHO and then a few that I knew that wouldn't get mho but did anyways.

• If you write Opinion with lot of advice that will get you MHO

• I usually write only short and simple answers, so I know that I won't get MHO most of the time, but I had 2 or 3 where I knew I'd most likely get it. but mostly because they were funny and not so good haha

• No, it depends on the asker's discretion.

• Ya I know too when Im going to get MHO.. its when Im really bothering someone's question but the truth be told that Im too lazy too.. to be so much descriptive nd well mannered

• To be honest I'm not really prepared to put in the time and effort ot get MHO. I'm just messing about on here.

• No but when I give a long detailed opinion and a clear perspective without trolling or being funny I do expect MHO... most of the time I get it but then again I rarely give detailed long opinions

• No, I don't. I'm usually not trying to be helpful because some of these questions are ridiculous.

• i doubt you can truly know if you are going to get MHO when writing a response

• No, not truly... but you can't truly know I don't can you?

• No it isn't. If you left two comments, one said "Yeah, seems like you made the wrong choice". The other says" You made a bad decision, here is what you can do to rectify it and where you went wrong last time..." it's hardly luck when option B gets chosen as MHO.

• very true, its content and helpfulness that help get MHOs

What Girls Said 8

• Sometimes, you know. If you look through other opinions and you know yours is more helpful. Usually if you write more and in more detail, you'll get MHO. Other times, you know you won't because you're not agreeing with the poster and a lot of the time, you have no idea.

• I honestly never really care about MHO when I've giving my opinion – of course it's always nice to have your opinion chosen as MH but I care way more to just honestly answer the question and tell the asker what I think, I'm just not a fan of sugarcoating which is probably why my MHO-percentage is so low lol but who cares :D

• Yes I often I know when I am going to get it, but sometimes it really does piss me off when I give great advice to help someone out and they go and select someone else's that said one sentence and wasn't very opinionated or helpful.

Or when people go and select MH right after they ask a question like they can't wait at least until the next day to get other opinions and then they're like oh sorry you should've been faster your answer was better... It really pisses me off.

• Most of my MHO's are inexcpected.

• Tell me why do people care about MHO again? You either want to guv advice or you don't. Mho US just a bonus. Shouldn't be the reason why you give advice.

• I care about my MHo, I like helping people and I get a sense of satisfaction when I know the person found my advice helpful. I don't get why people care about xper levels though, apart from the vouchers they mean nothing.

• Xper levels, mho, guru status... See how many fuck's i'm giving : 🅾

• It isn;t like I live for the MHO, I don;t not post in order to keep my score high, but it's nice knowing that people appreciate and liked your advice. If you're looking for a Lack of Fucks I give Meme, this one has me in stitches every time!

orig13.deviantart.net/.../..._darklync-d8kycgt.jpg

• Nope I don't take this thing that seriously

• I think people tend to award mho to people they know or to people who agree with their question. Since you are anonymous there is no way for you to prove that you actually have a higher mho percentage than the average user on here.

• I know you care about getting mho but I honestly do not care

• Lol make your mind stop contradicting yourself you either care about mho or you don't

• *make up your mind

• I have no idea when. I don't cater my answers to what I think they want to hear