Does anyone else feel this site should be 18 and older?

It drives me crazy when a 15, or 16 year old asks a question about their relationship or sex, having kids etc even 17 year olds and when they give advice it just annoys me more I feel like they are so young and honestly have no idea what real life is especially relationships and sexual encounters am I the only one who thinks this should be 18 plus?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be nice, but you would still get 15 year olds signing up and pretending to be 18 so its pretty pointless. Either way you could just ignore their opinions, thats what I do. If I am asking a question about casual dating after college I dont expect high schoolers to know anything about that since the dating scene in high school is so juvenile and much different then the adult dating scene, since their opinion is therefore not really important I just ignore it. If it is a generic question though like "What time did you wake up this morning" or something like that I dont really care that much if they answer. Just ignore them if you think the question requires more mature people with more experience.

• That's pretty much what I do thanks :) glad I'm not the only one who it annoys

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. You have to remember that the age of consent varies all over the world - 16 year olds, for example, are legally allowed to have sex in the UK, so it's not some underage kid asking questions, it's a consenting adult where they live.

It's also crucial that all people get the sexual health and relationship advice that they need. For a lot of kids, they don't feel comfortable turning to someone closer, and if they;re using the internet to get their sexual or relationship education, they may as well come here and get responses from experienced adults who want to help keep them safe, where answers are moderated, rather than a sketchier part of the internet.

Obviously some questions are inappropriate, e. g. a 13 year old asking things like favourite sexual position, but there are a lot of mature or curious under 18s on here that deserve the answers to their questions.

• I agree. I'm talking about 15 year olds giving marriage advice etc you know what I mean? I totally don't mind the sexual health questions and kids asking for real life knowledge it's more like them thinking they know real life issues. Does that make sense?

• Ah, yeah, I'm sorry if I misinterpreted what you wrote. It does make sense, I can understand why you might feel critical about such a young person giving advice on something more mature than they can have experienced.

• I'm about to be attacked by all the young ones about how they know all about life. If only they knew what was coming in real life lol

I don't know I just can never take them seriously

What Guys Said 6

• Looked at from my perspective, there's not as much difference as you see between 16 and 18.

Given that the site does not verify age, making the limit higher would just encourage more lying about age. I would rather have an honest understanding of who it is I'm offering advice to. Better that than have not trust regarding age.

• No. I'm for under 18 being on here. I probably would have been on this site when I was 15 had I known of it

• But would you be giving advice about sex, relationships and marriage ect?

• I'm all for giving them advice because as adults we have been through it. It's just the ones who think they no everything

• Know * whoops

• It only bothers me when I see people using the guise of advice as a way to hit on the under-aged. Other than that I still see the value in advice from decent people and I could've used this when I was a teen. It would have saved me a lot of grief.

• Even if it was, people could always lie about their age.

• No. Teenagers have relationships and fuck. Get over it.

• relationships 😂 Right!

• Imultiple times I have seen them give advice on those topics. They can't possibly know anything about. No they do not automatically know more I'm just saying a 15 year old and 18 year old huge difference

• Oh yeah, all of that extremelysuperduper hard high school work really does temper ones mind. /sarcasm

Everyone matures at different rates and there isn't much of a jump in it when you're in highschool. It's stupid to try and come up with a definite age at which someone should or shouldn't date.

• It should be 21 and over, butttt, 18 and over is fine, I don't want to be some minor, talkin about sex, it's weird

• Thank you!!! Exactly. My brother is 15 and I would kick his ass for most of these things he's still a kid to me.

• Parents need to be more involved in their teenagers lives, 13 14 15 etc... Should not be having sex

• Exactly. It's a waste they won't be with that person. Wasting the good years of their life

What Girls Said 4

• Seriously this question is becoming so annoying! Like I've said once and I'll say it again we have just as much right to be on this site as you do.

Believe it or not times are not what they use to be and many of us are curiosu and need advice. I don't understand why people keep asking this question just like you we need advice as except we actually need it more!

Whoo are you to say that we shouldn't be allowed on here when many of us have been here before you have? Yes I get that people are uncomfortable with some of the things that we ask, but the purpose of the site is to help others and we can use all the help that we can get. So don't you think it would be better to inform us rather than trying too band us and we find these things out on are on?

What you said makes no since you say you have a problem with us giving advice when we know nothing about real life situations butbat the same you won't even help us everytime one of us ask for advice on here? You're contadictoring yourself.

Look it's your opinion but in theendire not going to get what you want. I have a really good feeling that you're new to this site and many of us minors have been way longer than youbhave ever been whether you're brand new or not. And believe it or not before they lowered the age from 16 to whatever the age is now the 18-24 year olds a. k. a you were the ones and pretty much still are along with us are asking the exact same question when they technically are adults and should already know these things so if youhave a problem and want to call someone out don't just attack the minors 👊

• All I'm saying is you guys shouldn't be giving advice on things like marriage, babies etc. You can't possibly know anything about it. When some not all of you guys answer those with advice it's just annoying becsuse you don't really understand. When it comes to you guys asking about things that is a different story.

• Well this is the part that irritated me you clearly said "am I the only one that thinks this should be 18 plus?"

You didn't say that there should be specific or separate questions/topics for the youth on here. You just simply said they should be band.

And no offense but you don't give all of us our credit. I am teenager and I get most helpful more than you'll ever believe on topics that I'm sure you'll disagree on.

• I think that is a huge stereotype and isn't fair to teens who are mature.

• It's not. These are adult issues you shouldn't know anything about them it's sad society has made it okay for you to be involved in things. You are still a child you have plenty of time for relationships and everything but honestly at 17 it's impossible for you to understand real relationships and real issues.

• When you start a relationship at 14 it's not real sorry to burst your bubble let me know in 5 years how your life is. The chances you will be with him are beyond slim.

I'm sorry about your dad.
      I also raised my sibling I'm not saying you haven't had a hard life I'm just saying you are not on the level of an adult yet.

• You're really naive. Anyway have a lovely day.

• You're not including the obvious issue of life experience. If I know about something, I'll talk about it. If I don't, I'll stay out of it. I'd do the same if I was 18+. Trust me, there are some really, really immature 'adults' on here.

• But that means you don't go around giving marriage advice right? I'm not downing you younger a ones more like I just think their is some questions you shouldn't answer

• Personally, I wouldn't give marriage advice as in saying things about the marriage itself because, obviously, I've never been married and it therefore goes back to my point about life experience. However, if it was about something within the marriage which is relatable, such as a partner's behaviour, then I would try my best if the situation was familiar to my own. If you catch my drift...

• I couldn't disagree more. I think I provide a certain perspective on this subject, so. I think because we know so little about life, sites like these need to be here to help. I've had many helpful comments which made me not feel stupid. I think people my age can offer some insight on life as well, if a mother were to ask a question we could help etc.
    And, making it a 18 plus site really wouldn't matter, how would you even check that?