If you're single, should you be on here?

I feel like the only people who are on here are people who are in relationships (mostly poor ones) just looking for reassurance or whatever about them but there are indeed people who ARE single on here, should we be though? Are we taken seriously? Or do you just like getting relationship advice from others who are in relationships on here?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because some users are single now does not mean that they cannot provide good input or advice to those in relationships and vice versa. This site allows us to see different points of view that we may not have already thought of, so I do not think it matters if users are with someone or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• I came to a completely different conclusion. According to a large poll I saw last month about 50% on here are virgins so I imagine most people are indeed single. That also means I have to take that into account when asking questions regarding sexual behavior and the like. However, I don't and won't ever use this site for relationship advice anyway.

About the people on here asking about relationships, I agree that it's mostly about negative issues. But isn't that natural? Why would you look up a site like that if your relationship was great? Would you ever need to ask for advice or reassurance in that case? You wouldn't even know this site exists. I didn't until a month ago and I just stumbled across it by chance. And then, I do have a really good relationship with my girlfriend, but
    a) I don't have any issues to talk about
    b) if my relationship wasn't as good I would rather talk about it with my girlfriend than strangers on this website
    c) I question the competence of the users here

Conclusion: People with good relationships don't need to ask questions here. That doesn't mean there aren't any around, they just don't ask questions. They might still be the ones answering questions however. So the type of questions asked does not say anything about the type of people frequenting this site.

What Girls Said 4

• Just because people aren't currently in relationships doesn't mean that they've never been in one. Nor does it mean that they can't give advice on a subject.

• I just like being on here because it entertains me.

• I think experience and another perspective is always fresh. Even if you have had similar situations happen to you in the past, everyone deals with it differently and has their own way of looking at things which I think is valuable.

• Should we be? Who knows. But I'll most likely never get a relationship, doesn't mean I'll leave. It's whatever.

What Guys Said 6

• Why not? so what if you're single? I don't think our relationship status has anything to do with being on this site, however I understand what you are saying though.

• If you want a site were everyone is single.. Go on a dating website

You're welcome

• I'm single and I'm not going anywhere away from here that's for sure.

• what if you've had a dozen relationships in the past, and are just currently xingle now? Wouldn't that experience be of importance to people who are not single now, but in a bad relationship? I think it would be

• Lots of relationships, shows you can't commit

• well thankfully you aren't an admin here!

• Why not? Single people can get a better understanding of the opposite sex on here.

• im single lol