Do you think those who sit on GAG desperately trying to make friends are losers?

Lately I've noticed a group of GAGers who are always here when I am here which kinda makes me wonder if they practically live on GAG seeing as I'm never here. They're always tagging each other and acting like they are the best friends in the world. I find this to be slightly alarming and sad because realistically there are only so many hours in the day. If you're spending most of them in front of GAG trying to build friendships, then you are missing out on more fruitful things.

What do you think? Do you think they are losers and need to get a life that doesn't revolve around a place called Girlsaskguys?

• Yes, they need to get a life.
  • No (Explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you a 100% on how people need not to be here 24/7 and that they lose a lot in real life but I wouldn't be so blunt and in a hurry to call them losers because I've not known them yet and there are a lot of people here with anxiety, depression, some other major health issues.

• That's also a really good point. Maybe I was a bit harsh. I just find it to be so odd and strange. There are so many more eventful, thrilling ways to be spending your life. It just seems like if they die later tonight, their most fond moments will be of GAG tagging and mingling. :/

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont think anyone trying to make friends are losers, whether it's here or in real life. if some people find GaG to be their 'happy place' then let them be. who knows what their life is like. it's their life anyway, if they wanna spend it like that, their choice i guess, although i can understand ur view.

as for me, I'm on here everyday, but not that much. I've enjoyed making friendships here and i have a great group of friends in the real world. half the time i sign in, I'm outside. like u, i enjoy living in the moment and interacting with everything around me. i go to school, have a job, so yeah life is good. GaG is a small part of that =]

• You sound like you have a great balance! I'm not trying to judge or be harsh, it's just really bazar to me.

• all good =] ur tone didn't display that at all.

oh wow... that's pretty amazing. now that makes things even clearer. my granddad is in one of those now =[ and ur so right it's really depressing. like i remember going once and there's just this old guy staring outside a common room window... i began to wonder 'man... what's your story? how on earth did u end up here?' u know? as u said he could've been some dapper athletic kid back in the day... we really gotta embrace our youth more. =/ I'm now further inspired. thank u.

• I really appreciate out taking the time to understand where I'm coming from instead of assuming the worse of me. That's exactly why I asked this post anonymously because I knew there would be some people who were too sensitive to communicate open and honestly about this subject.

Most common reason is that their family doesn't have the time or desire to take care of them at home. One lady, who suffers from dementia, her daughter is actually in a retirement home as well. There's one woman who constantly thinks she has to get ready for her senior prom and she'll talk about her date, Billy, all day. The men tend to be the most depressing. Especially when you can sense they used to be athletes, charmers, or have all the ladies. Please take the time to visit your grandfather and shower him with lots of positivity and hugs. They really enjoy hand and wrist massages with lotion.

What Guys Said 11

• I wouldn't say losers, they just find it easier to talk to someone online. They still may have a freaking awesome job, volunteer, donate money... but just because they prefer online friends that makes them losers? Not really.

I get on here very often, but not because I do nothing, but because when I'm bored I get on, and I get bored fast so... xD

• I've been lately a lot here because I had holidays and a lot of time. If I wouldn't have been on GAG then I would have wasted my time with something else, where I maybe wouldn't have interacted with other people at all. I still do the work I have and meet with people in real life if possible, but my friends live a little bit further away so that's sometimes difficult...

if you wanna me call a loser because of that... your decision, but I don't think judging people like that because of their activity here is that much better...

• Eh, I think they just don't have the option to find the "more fruitful things" you mention, or they don't know how to find it, or they don't seek it in the first place.

I'm pretty sure calling them "losers" won't really motivate them though, it'll just make you be an asshole. So while I do agree that we should invest in socializing in the real world (somehow), I greatly disagree with them being "losers". Judging others like that is absolutely counterproductive and one of the primary causes behind why so many people are not interested in socializing in the first place.

• Maybe you make a good point. I just can't help but think it's so lame

• At work in between meetings I just have some time to burn, pull out my phone and crank out answers! or at lunch after I check my stats, investment account and social media, I'll check gag too! It doesn't take much time really. And I'm watching football right now too, I like to multitask. If you combine 2 or 3 time wasters then it's kinda like you aren't wasting THAT much time.. right? haha

• Lol I love the positivity and go-getter attitude in your post!

• Sure to some degree it can correlate with needing to get out more

BUT there is no boundaries on who you can connect with... even if its with someone from across the world.. it actually shows that a person's words are more important than them physically being around... how cool is that

The further we advance the closer technology and humans will be.. Having a awesome life filled with people and posting on GAG is not mutually exclusive, especially considering i can carry the internet in my back pocket 🎉🎉🎉🎁🎂💈💯

~the world is flat~ horizontal communication NOT vertical

• Drats. Had you came earlier, you would have gotten MHO.

• No I don't, if they want to chat, why not?
    A lot of people are nice here so

Don't know if some people are desperately trying to make friends on here but, this site is the place to talk about rather personal stuff, like when you look at these questions

• No because besides my family and my job I have no life pretty much, and GAG is kinda my escape. I usually can balance both, but i'm still in a new place trying to meet new people since I haven't been getting out much for the past few months looking at work. But now since i found work, maybe i'll have friends in real life and here

• Thanks for being vulnerable and open with me

• I voted 'No'. A lot of people don't HAVE a life outside the internet. And 'getting' a life is easier said than done. Some people are in such deep shit, that they can't simply 'get a life' out of the blue.

• ""A lot of people don't HAVE a life outside the internet.""

That sounds like a problem

• No, there's always a way out. Maybe they have to analyze the situation and figure out what makes them be seen as so unwanted so globally.

• I don't think there is ALWAYS away out. Some things are beyond our control, and no matter how hard we try, it just does not work in some cases.

• What ever makes them happy so long as they aren't annoying by getting offended by people's opposite opinions

• Please be my friend

• Who made you god

• How dramatic.

• Or your just making dramatic assumptions

• I'm just sayinnnnn

What Girls Said 12

• I think you are a coward for posting anonymous and I also think you have no idea what you are talking about. If you are not on here everyday then how do you know what users are here unless you come on here just as much as they do? You also sound bitter and jealous. You lack logic. Tagging someone does not mean they are always on this website

• Yeah, hello there, I'm a loser and a nolifer. 😊

• ... :/ are you okay with that?

• so.. if you don't mind me being nosey... don't you ever want to be out with the other young folk your age doing fun things and living it up?

• Not at the moment, no.

• Nah, I don't think they're losers. Everyone has a different life style, different preferred means of communication.

Also, with your point of view, if they're losers because they're on every time you're on, wouldn't that make you a loser too?

• No, that would not make me a loser because I don't come here every day or even most days. Every time that I come here, they are here obsessively tagging each other and clicking up like they're in high school. If you go click on their profile, you can clearly see they've been spending an excessive amount of their lives sitting on GAG trying to make buddies. It's not difficult to figure out.

• Your Mod-ego is getting the best of you, hon. You are the one acting like a 10 year old, grinning and passive aggressively insulting.

• If you aren't grinning and mocking then why begin your essay comment with "hahahahaha" and end it with a smiling emoji? You're such a hypocrite claiming I'm acting like a 10 year old then ending your sentence with a failed insult.

Contrary to your mod-ego where you assume you are always right, I don't know about that struggle, sweetheart. I have legitimate abs and I don't need to strip on GAG to prove it or feel confidence in my body. Your pouch looks disgusting and there aren't a pair of tits big enough to hide the excess fat drooping over your pussy. So focus more on that and less on feeding your butt-hurt, defensive abuse of power.

• Ugh. I. Am. Such. A. Loser!😝

• Practically live on gag?
    Hell yea, got my tent.

.. lol no, i don't have a life.

• Lol, this answer is charming.

• Who wants to be my friend? I'm a loser 😔

• I'm on here often but mostly either to kill time or to ask something, and then i get hooked on answering questions lol

I have not made friends in a while. I think i make more enemies here than friends. Making friends takes more effort, that i every rarely put in, and making enemies... I can make many enemies by simply being me and being honest and not PC.

• I don't see how having friends online makes one a loser. They're still real people, they simply live further away from you.

Proximity doesn't guarantee quality friendships.

• I am quite new to this site but I think it's one of the best for candid and open questions. I think there will always be people who gravitate to these sites for any number of personal reasons but at least this is good place to chat about things with people from all walks of life. I get quite addicted to these types of sites to be honest - especialyl at the moment working in China and spending a lot of time away from friends and family. Live and let live but give certain people a swerve is my motto!

• @iamyourneighbor Pretty much said it all.

• people have different priorities and ways of enjoying life.
    maybe they would rather enjoy a relaxing night in watching a movie & answering questions on GAG than out at a bar or whatever else is considered "fun".

• No, because they don't bother me. It's their life, why should I judge them? I'm only on here when I'm bored... like right now. Maybe they are bored, too and want people to talk to.