Do you think we should be able to add an age filter to our questions?

For exsample, you can make it so only 18+ can answer your questions or if your under 18, make it so only people under 18 can answer your questions.

Or with an age range you can choose from like minimum age and maximum age.

Most Helpful Guy

• in theory, its a great idea. I mean who wouldn't like the idea of age restrictions for underage teens not being able to give their opinion on things like "what is your favorite sex position" or "when was the last time you sucked a dick and ate pussy?" it would be awesome if adults AND little minors don't participate in those types of questions together, but that's all great in theory. in reality it won't ever work because 1. there is no way of verifying if a person has made their account on accurate information. 2. number 1 is like the main reason why this would never work lol.

if they really want to, they will find a way. and plus adding that feature will probably separate our online community little by little everyday from each other, when really, as an online community we should be close together (not too close lol). but yeah adding an age restriction won't stop the young GaGers from participating in the dirtiest posts on this site, or any post for that matter. there is no way to verify they are who they are unless we all have had to provide verifiable information during sign up, then this is totally possible but that would be a hassle and I doubt most people would even go through that process to use GaG, which would then slow traffic of this website drastically and with less hits they make less money. the site would eventually tank.

its not a perfect system, but its all we have right now. we can all try and make it work for the best to everyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm... Honestly there is no point in doing that. I mean, you can just remake your account and change your age. Also- if you don't value someones opinion who is younger you based on your question than you can just simply move on and read another opinion. Plus- that would be boring. Just because someone is young doesn't mean they are completely retarded. Plus older users truly need to get over this inferiority thing with the whole"I hate under 18 users!!!111!!!" thing. It's immature. I get that you may not want to interact with someone outside of your age group- but don't just sit there and be a prick because of the anonymity of this website. Forreal.

What Guys Said 11

• Not a good idea.

There is no age verification for the site.

Blocking age ranges would just lead to people lying about their age. I would much rather the age be accurate. That way I can tailor advice appropriately to the recipient.

As far as recipients go, I only consider them a portion of the audience for an opinion. All the other users on the site are also part of the audience. Furthermore, the way I got to this site in the first place was by asking Google a question that led me here. That means, even people who have not yet even established an account on GaG are people I consider (potentially) part of the audience for my opinions. Obviously, the vast majority of people don't care. Still, I'm opposed to limiting the opportunity for those who do.

Finally, from the age of 48, there is not that much difference in how I see the bulk of GaG users. A 14 year old is just another over 18 in about 4 years. I'll be 52 then, big whoop.

• I don't like the idea. I'd rather have the site be more open. I don't like the gender filter either. I can see how a 14 year old (for example) may not really want to pay attention to what a 25 year old thinks. If that's the case though, I would rather than person have the ability to see only under 18 activity on the whole site instead of on certain questions. Also, a lot of 14 year olds may not think they would be interested in what a 25 year old would have to say, but there's a good chance that older person can share a valuable perspective.

The only benefit to having that age filter that I see is to be able to not pay attention to those people. That can be done pretty easily though by looking at the persons age and choosing to not read their response. The response will add traffic in the live feed which will statistically increase that persons odds of more people answering the question which I think is something askers pretty much want.

• Nope that's a TERRIBLE idea.

GaG is aiming to appeal more towards teens, with the changes made here in the past two years.

Alienating the primary target market by features such as blocking them from seeing or answering questions, is simply stupid and bad for business.

#BusinessMind

• Well, maybe that idea can be tried out.

• I like that idea.

• You can already make it where only one or both of the sexes can answer, why not an age group selection?

• You wanna make it official? I meant let all of the gagers have fun.. don't make it limited nd restricted please

• Well I think people 15 and under should not be able to answer sex questions. They can ask them because it's important they get educated so they don't make mistakes, but not answer them. (I noticed when they answer them, most of the time they are wrong)

• There are many other sites than gag which allows even more than answering such questions.. All that will happen will be divertion of underage users to other sites.. Nothing else.. at this level this effort is of no use.. though idea is comprehensive nd good.. So better keep the fun goin on for all

• I see your point.

• Yes of course

And we should also be able to attach images in replies too not just first opinions

• Yeah they should put age filters even to open the question

• i'm sure we use to be able to to that but it got changed

• Yes, I think that's a good idea. We already have the option of adding a gender filter, so only one gender can answer our questions, so I don't see why we can't have an age filter too.

What Girls Said 5

• Ehhhhh... not sure, maybe. But the downside would be the fact that there would be less questions for everyone to answer, it would probably become more boring. I'm already not a fan of the gender filter. This would probably encourage old creepy pedophilic men to ask sexual questions to young girls. Also, sometimes you get the best answers from people you didn't expect to get them from.

• What I meant for the under 18 option is that only people under 18 c@n choose that to prevent creeps on certain questions. (I've seen people 18+ being creepy on How Do I Look questions for exsample)

• Ohh yeah I've noticed that too. But they'd get wayyy less answers.

• Yes please! I would love that

• Naw... maybe... but naw

• No... I don't believe in censorship.

• Really great idea. I hope they see this and consider it!