My myTake was removed ?

Yesterday I wrote a myTake and most of it was copied and pasted from another site and I had also cited the source. Today I received a message stating that my myTake is deleted because of this reason. Though, in the FAQ, it is nowere specified that a copied and pasted myTake will be deleted. So, since it's not written in the FAQ, I want my myTake back, or change the FAQ to include this rule.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had the exact same thing happened to one of my mytakes. I just don't clone why.

• This is something to take up with an admin but majority of sites prefer content you've written yourself, even if you reference it. It could cause problems with GAG if a lot of users did it and it would also send their users to other websites. If you owned a blog website like this would you not want orginal content, on top of that it would compromise the site , because people wouldn't be writing orginal work.

• Yes I get that point...

Most Helpful Girl

• Using references from other sites is okay and it should be cited, but if the myTake is heavily copy/pasted or if the reference is not cited then it may get removed. We have also included this information in the FAQ. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#173

What Guys Said 3

• send the admins a message with the matter.

• I don't think anything can be done about that... you can have a word with admins but they don't bulge easily

• What was it about?

What Girls Said 5

• Well, plagiarism is obviously not encouraged. I guess they feel they shouldn't have to put that in the rules. Plus Takes are supposed to be YOUR opinion. Just like someone who takes another person's exact comment here and posts it as their own are removed. It just kind of goes without saying.

• Simply copying and pasting work means it wasn't really your take on something. I understand you thought the information would have been helpful, but you could have taken the major points and written the article in a different way and then cited the source.

• This is something to take up with an admin but majority of sites prefer content you've written yourself, even if you reference it. It could cause problems with GAG if a lot of users did it and it would also send their users to other websites.

• but why didn't they write that you're not supposed to do this in the faq? I mean, I thought the article I found would be useful to many women in the qag community, that's why I copied and pasted most of it

• Because they probably didn't think about that happening when writing the FAQ. You could've just taken the main points and rewritten it.

• It was removed because of plagiarism. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter that you cited your source. You copied and pasted it word for word. It would be different if you wrote a mytake with your own written interpretation of the article but you copied it word for word

• Plagiarism is illegal

• And I agree with the anon user below
      No offense but it's common sense not to copy and paste someone else's work

• Its plagiarism... thats kind of illegal even if you do cite the source. You used someone elses material without their consent. While this is fine in education as reference it isn't on a my take as you self publish...

quotes and small lines are one thing but you said most of it was copied and pasted which also removes it from being your take, its someone elses...

• shouldn't this be written in the faq?

• no because its common sense!!!

You wouldn't go on to a short story site and copy the 3 little pigs would you?