Should I leave GAG?

Personally I've been debating on whether or not gag is the right place for me. I've been considering deactivating my account and was wondering what you guys thought. Why or why not I should stay? I honestly am starting to hate the general community of the site, I think most people are moronic, evil, immoral, and simply really stupid. Most of you people I can't stand. Should I delete my account, or stick around and keep writing takes about my beliefs? I can handle backlash, I just don't think you people are worth it.

Maybe I didn't explain this part well enough, I'm looking for reasons to stay or leave, telling me to do what I want isn't answering the question because I'm obviously torn in deciding. I want reasons to stay or go not something stupid like: "it's up to you."
I decided to stay, life is all about perseverance and it might not seem like much to some people but this is just one of those things. I appreciate everyone providing reasons both to stay or go, but I decided it would be best for me to stay. I might as well try to make a difference somewhere, even if it doesn't sit well with everyone. Thank you for everything you guys, you've been great! <3

Most Helpful Guy

• No, i don't think you should leave. You'd be giving into the mob. GAG needs more people like you. The only reason it is the way it is is because all the other people like you got fed up and left.

I've definitely notice you on this site, and i enjoy reading most of the things you have to say. Trust me when i say you have offered this site lots of valuable advice. You and i seem to have similar opinions on a lot of things as well.

If it would make you feel less out of place to converse with someone with similar opinions, then I'm always open. But if you genuinely don't like this site, then there is nothing any of us can do or say to convince you to stay. GAG will be GAG afterall.

The only reason some of us are still here is because we value the things we learn from this site too much to let some of the morons here get to us.

• Aw man thank you. :) I really appreciate everything you've said and I'd definitely keep you in mind if I need to speak with someone of similar thought. I'm surprised by the responses I'm getting so I might stick around, but thank you so much!

• Hey, don't mention it. :)

• Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean this is the internet, you can only do so much and it's full of stupid people. It's a place where they can be openly be hateful and ignorant and have others support them while they do it. You're always going to be out numbered on here lol.

If it means that much to you and you have a passion for it, then I would say try to change your perspective/expectations, realize that you will always be outnumbered by stupid and that one of the best ways to fight stupid/hateful/ignorance, is to speak out against and you can't do that by disappearing.

• You could always just cut down or take a little break, I don't come on near as much as I used to lol because of the same reasons that you listed. I like to just have fun on here and some of these people suck the fun right out of everything.

• Thank you :)

• You're welcome! <3

What Guys Said 11

• Well, to give you honest opinion, you shouldn't let people's opinions, comments affect you in any way. You should stay here, be a person of a strong heart, strong mind and just keep posting your opinions, keep expressing yourself, I am sure not all people are the kind you have mentioned, yes some people will always try to put you down but then such people you just ignore, or outright block them if you want too and if you think the other person is polite considerate then continue conversing with that person. Hence don't let people out here affect you by any means.

• I feel the G@G community is worth it. No, I don't see value in every question or response and surely many of us are moronic, evil, immoral, and simply really stupid.
    But I stay on G@G not because of what I can benefit from, rather because of what I can occasionally offer to someone.

• Don't let the bad apples chase you away, Ms. Cookies! :(

• I am a personal witness to the hate you've received on here. What you decide to do is your option, but people like you are the type of people that balance things out. This site would be completely misandrist if it wasn't for you and others like you. You are still my favorite GaGer, and I hope you can find peace in whatever decision you end up making.

• Oh my goodness thank you so much. :) After giving it a lot of thought and hearing feedback from others I have decided to stay. I don't want to leave the few people on here that have similar views all by themselves. I guess it's better to stick around for what you believe than to be bullied out. Thank you so much for your support! <3

• You may just end up making another account 6 mo down the road like me tho lol

• Its kinda weird to me you would let the people around here bother you so much, but if you dont enjoy being here then you should leave.

• I will miss you if you go. <3 Take the trolling and hatred from the GaG community with a grain of salt.

• Awe thank you! :D I decided I'm better off staying here, and I'll definitely keep what you said in mind haha. I really appreciate your feedback. :)

• A lot of people are dumb idiots on this website.

• Go, it'll just be another woman who's left my life, and friend as well

• Don't go!!!

• Do it, leave while you still can! GO before it's too late!

What Girls Said 11

• Why do you have to insult every user on this on your way out the door? I'm only on it two weeks and iv met all kinds of personalities. I don't necessarily like or agree with them but there are a lot of genuine people looking for advice and I may not always give good advice but I will share my thoughts and feelings on genuine questions. The rate me things and silliness comes part and parcel. Sometimes I like the silliness to remind me it's not all doom and gloom. So realistically if you have to ask to find out if you should leave you're not really leaving at all. But I think you should until you reach a stage in your life where you don't take it so seriously.

• Okay you haven't even begun to imagine what I've endured in being apart of this community, I am in no way addressing something as trivial and meaningless as the rate me questions and whatever else in that manner. Do you not understand a generalization? I certainly wasn't talking about every single user on this site but only the ones specified in my generalization. Only those specific cases am I discussing. It's not an insult to those people, it is a genuine expression of my feelings toward them. So instead of placing the focus on your personal experience which is irrelevant to the question at hand, and defending the people you have no idea I'm talking about, do you care to answer the question or not?

• I gave my opinion and answered your question. So instead of trying to go on the attack perhaps you should have read the answer. Even more so now I think you should leave. It's not for everyone

• Alright well thanks anyway. Take care.

• Stay and express your beliefs, but be open minded. Why? i think it's good to express how you feel as it always helps me feel better about myself.

• If your complete disdain for us overrides your joy of writing mytakes, leave.

• do as you please, if u wanna deactivate it go ahead. if u want to keep sharing your opinions you can do that too. if u have the time why not help others

• Here something to think about the people of GAG most of them will die of obesity so there something to not worry about.

• stay and do something

• No, don't leave! D: :(

• Please stay!!! I could definitely use your help!

• Do what you want.

• It's up to you

• I just hope you know you're as "moronic, evil, immoral, and simply really stupid" as everybody else.

• Thank you for not answering the question. You're clearly one of the amazing people I've described in my question details.

• Just like you, you special snowflake.

• Awe thank you. You're such a dear. :)