Is it wrong to post wanting compliments?

I see this time and time again, and I must confess Im guilty of doing this at times, but is it really so wrong making a post hoping that people will compliment you? Personally I dont think its so horrible. An ego boost is great sometimes, but I see a lot of people really getting a lot of crap for it pretty consistantly. What's your oppinion on the subject? let me know in the comments below.

Most Helpful Guy

• its not wrong
    but i do find it a bit sad
    technically, you could boost yourself up, or even better, just being so 'up' all by yourself all the time so that you don't even need a boost at all:)

and don't get me wrong, its not sad sad...
    but i would find it really sad if I needed a boost from somebody to make ME feel better. because if thats the way i would think, i'd be dependent on other people to feel good. or in other words, its like, im not in control of wether i feel good or not.
    and this is absolutely NOT the case for me... im the only one that gets to choose how i feel :D

but we don't share the same POV regarding this subject.
    if you don't feel wrong doing it, then just keep doing it:)

Most Helpful Girl

• It just makes the asker seem very vain, narcissistic, self-absorbed, self-centered... you get the idea.

What Guys Said 25

• I don't see it as wrong per se. But I find it sad NOT because of what others said: "sad because you needed a boost from somebody to make ME feel better. "

I find it sad, simply because DEEEEp down, you know you asked for it. You know people will tend to please you. You know that any opinion you're gonna hear will be biased by the fact that you actually did it with that intent in mind, or actualy asked for it.
    Deep down, you know they might be fake. This at least makes you doubt it.
    It's MUCH more rewarding to receive a compliment without asking for it. Even if it's not directed to you (like you hear others gossiping nice stuff about you to other people)

• It's never "wrong." I think that word is misused.

The problem is that people sometimes do it hoping for a self-esteem boost, but getting complimented doesn't help people with low self-esteem in the long term.

• No its not wrong, some will be bothered by it but whatever. Guys and girls both do it a lot on here. I've done it before. ... Anyway like the name!

• It sounds like another case of "Attention Whore Syndrome."

• I don't mind, easy xper. keep em coming lol.

• I really liked this post... so smart of you to post it, well done!

the_rake

• It is seldom that I comment on those questions so it doesn't bother me

• It's neither right or wrong, it's just something people can do or not. I don't mind, I never complained about it.

• 1) fishing for compliments makes you look shallow and insecure.

2) a solicited compliment means nothing since you had to ask for it. Unexpected praise is always better. Would you really appreciate a happy birthday wish from someone if you knew the only reason they gave it to you was because you said "please tell me happy birthday?" A compliment is no different.

• If I see a woman posting a status fishing for compliments, I usually just agree with whatever negative thing she said about herself. For example, of a girl says "oh I'm so ugly" on FB, I'll just comment "yep" for lolz.

• I don't see a problem with wanting compliments.

• I think less of people who do it.

I don't comment on them, and the women who do it are attention seekers.

To bad there's troves of men willing to give them that attention, their just as bad.

• It's natural
    People who hates you or don't like you are probably jealous of you
    Like you're very good looking or gorgeous I should say... and if you do have that quality then it isn't bad to fish for compliments it's just that you deserve them 😊

• it's part of narcissistic female nature.

• It is very wrong, it simply proves you're egotistical and are never satisfied with the compliments you get in the outside world.

• It's not some thing that bothers me, don't know why people get so worked up by it.

• Wrong? No. A bit thick and narcissistic? Da.

• We all like our ego's stroked. It's normal.

• It makes you look like an attention seeker but no, there's nothing wrong with it

• if you're looking for an ego boost via internet you're pathetic

• As Long As You're Not Being Conceited About It, Or One Of The Attention Whores.
    Everyone Needs A Boost, Just Don't Go Overboard.

• People today would crucify Christ. It wasn't so long ago that we shot Gandhi. And MLK Jr.

in other words, fuck other people. Don't worry about them giving you shit.

• It's not wrong. It makes for a steady stream of nice pictures. Mostly in the range of 7 to 9 when 10 is the most attractive. Sometimes half-naked. I'm not complaining.

• I don't see what the problem is either. Particularly if the girl genuinely IS hot, then I LOVE seeing her pics and if she enjoys my genuine appreciation, then win-win! Post on QA!

• So have you done this, QA?

• send me nudes and I'll give the compliments that you need ;)

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think it's wrong. Everyone likes getting compliments, especially online in forums like this which seem to attract a really large number of people with insecurities.
    However, I do think it's wrong when mostly girls post pics of a girl in a bikini with a sixpack or undoubtedly fit body, ask if they're fat, then bitch at commenters who say anything other than 'no girl you're crazy, your body is amazing'.
    mrwgifs.com/.../Girl-Fight-Slap-Reaction-Gif.gif

• If people do not like when people post pictures in the proper section how do I look then they need to block the category. Some users keep whining and complaining about people doing that yet they keep returning to that section
    I don't get why these users don't just block it. what did they expect in the how do I look section?

• The only posts that bother me are when someone posts a question showing they are intolerant or racist, then argues with everybody who disagrees.

• Honestly, it's rude. It takes time out of my day and the other mod's days to sit and babysit someone's post because they're looking for a solution to their problem in the wrong place. If you are a grown woman feeling like you need an "ego boost", you need a therapist.

All the outside attention in the world isn't going to fill a hole created your own insecurities. That's something you need to be able to take care of yourself. Only YOU can make yourself feel good about YOU.

• it can get annoying when done repeatedly..

• It isn't wrong since we all need our little ego boost once in a while. Only if you
    1. Don't do it too often or people will get annoyed
    2. Lie about things. Like 'I'm soooo fat' and then you see someone who's clearly not fat. Maybe you really do think you're fat, but if you don't, don't say you think you do.
    3. Watch out you don't think too full of yourself
    4. Watch out that you don't objectify yourself or you'll get insecure and shallow. You're more than just your appearance.

• You look absolutely beautiful!

• Yes, it is. Attention whores bother me.

• To me that's telling me how strong the person really are. You see, if someone's posting a lot of pictures and texts asking for compliments, I get the idea of that person being weak and having a need of other peoples axceptens.