Does it disturb you that young teenagers are on this site?

• I am a teenager below 16.
  • I am 16 or over and I don't care
  • I am 16 or over and I don't think there is any way to avoid it.
  • I am 16 or over and I think the 2 age groups should be mutually hidden from each other
  • In addition to D, anyone claiming to be 16 or over found out to be younger should be reported by other GAGers and thrown out

Most Helpful Girl

• What disturbs me is the old creepy pervs who creep on those young teenagers.

• I know. I try to stay away from their questions and I have tried to advise many to not post pictures of themselves. For me, if I have even 10% of guilt of being inappropriate on a certain question, I try to stay away. But sometimes, it just beats you.

• @missnowhere you took the words right out of my mouth

• what disturbs me is when girls that are like 14 or 15 talk about sex an post shit like my life will be perfect when i hit 18 like they know immediately they will have an easy life

Most Helpful Guy

• It only disturbs me when 14-16 year olds post "sexy" pics of themselves and ask to be rated which are mostly girls. It disturbs me that their parents haven't warned them about pedos on the internet. It disturbs me that there are probably old men doing creepy shit with their pics. It disturbs me that there are probably adults chatting them up with bad intentions. I just wish there was a way I could keep them safe.

It's just straight up disturbing to all my senses.

• I could not agree with you more. Thank you.

• That can be worse because then they start looking for every chance to rebel, ya know? All about balance. Have to scare them just enough that they are afraid of negative consequences but not so much that they never have fun or make mistakes.

• @9mfeo that's true.. Well good thing I'm not a parent yet then lol I still have growing up to do.

What Girls Said 11

• I often ask myself "where are this child's parents?" when faced with some of the questions the under 18s ask. Especially on the HDIL topic.

• You hit it right where it bothers me. My kids are in that age. I would be shocked to find them here. Of course they have the whole internet to them. They could even put questions on e. g. Yahoo Answers. But GAG is another level.

• Yahoo answers is just as bad, I think.

• That's why I had one option saying, nothing can be done to stop this except teaching your children the ability to differentiate between right and wrong.

• I'm almost 25. I do not mind having teenagers on this site. The only thing that bothers me when it comes to age is when those under 18 post photos of themselves in revealing clothing. That's unnecessary, and they should not be exposing that much of themselves online.

• A little, but I know that there's really no way of keeping them out. Most of them are just curious and understandably so. It does raise an eye when they ask unusually explicit questions or give detailed answers.

• I am 16 and I don't really care. They have a right to be here just like anyone else. I remember when I was younger and I was curious about sex and stuff, and I joined when I was 15 years old. It doesn't matter. Rather them know what goes down than shelter them.

• What's the big deal? This isn't a porn site so what's bad about being on gag?

• nope. I knew way more about sex/sexuality @ 12 than any of the most descriptive and perverted stuff that people post on here. I don't see why preteens/teens being on here would bother anyone.

• the 12.5 year olds are quite annoying.

• i'm not sure how they can prevent minors from making accounts

• No, not in the least.

• im 19 still in teens does that make me an old teenager?

• Is there a different between the wisdom of a college student and a middle school kid?

• OMG !!! I'll imagine that I did not read that.

• my cousin is 13 an he fixed a problem my dads car had when the mechanic's didn't know what to do

• It doesn't disturb me, mostly because at least from the questions i have read, it's usually questions about does this person like me, how to ask her/him out... things that i think as a teen i would have benefited from hearing someone's advice or ideas.
    It's also kind of good that they can hear lots of different advice and view comments on comments, it makes you aware that there are lots of differing opinions and you need to judge them and not just accept things right off...
    I kind of hope the teens on here are smart enough to not take this all too seriously and develop their analytical skills.
    The rate me pics are admittedly a little weird, but i remember when i was younger, the insecurity can be pretty hard to deal with. So i don't want to judge them too harshly.
    Also i'm pretty sure that if any pictures were posted that were inappropriate shall we say, Gag would have to flag and get rid of them cause i think it may be illegal to publish pics of minors.

What Guys Said 12

• I think GAG is kind of in that weird spot where really it's for 16-21 where you're clueless and innocent and in need of advice, but still caters to people older and younger than that age group.
    I don't really see the problem as the under 18s who might have questions about adult content, but rather the creeps who are double their age and asking/saying really creepy dirty things... *shudders*

• What @MissNowhere said. Hit it right on. But I do think there should be restrictions but what are you gonna do.

• what @RedThread said. The "how do i look" questions made by them is probably the most disturbing thing at times

• nope. a lot of the kids I knew back in elementary school were watching porn on their parents computer, so it wouldn't surprise me if they found some online forums.

• Amazing !!! Elementary could mean 9-10 yr olds !!! Holy cow !!!

• I know lol. I found out about porn in the 6th grade, my friend was like "you don't know what porn is?(!)" as if he had discovered penicillin.

• Naw it doesn't bother me tooooooo much. Some of the questions have left me wondering at times tho

• No, it doesn't.

• I think it's a good thing they can get advice and learn not to do stupid mistakes.

Teen: "We don't need a condom or the pill it won't happen to US."

Me: *slaps kid in the face* "Shut up, yes it will."

• It's more disturbing that there are horny adults going after these teenagers

• no... don't like it don't come in.

• I hate kids that try to be adults, especially young girls trying to act like "loose" women, I don't want to see your ass, go play with a barbie doll and watch Disney channel!

• No.

Perhaps you should grow up a bit. Kids talk about sex. They talk about drugs. Dating. All other kinds of shit. Sticking your head in the sand and pretending they don't or shouldn't seems foolish to me.

Rather than making these subjects taboo, we should treat them openly. Maybe then the kids would actually start making better decisions, with such topics taken out of the shadow-land and dragged into the light.

• It's not a matter of gowing up. It's just that times have changed.

• I think it worries me more that people your age and older are on here.

• Fair comment: but I wonder what "older" people have to say about that.