Why won't gag do anything about the creeps messaging me?

I reported them even called them out on some questions I feel harassed I don't know if this is a safe website for women don't know if I can keep my account with so many stalkers here

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately you'll always have creepers. There are many other girls that get creepy messages every day, and they report them or block them, and there's not enough Admins to take care of each creep immediately.
    Change your settings so that only people you follow can message you, that way you'll avoid a whole bunch of creeps.

• But why should I have to hide When gag lets you report but doesn't do anything to them

• Thanks for the MHO, and lets hope the admins take action and stop the creeps.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go to their profiles, flag them for private messages or harassment, you can pm me or any of the other mods and we'll also report them, and you can message GaG about the issue at http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

I am more than happy to help you with any of these steps :)

You are 110% correct. Your GaG inbox *should* be a safe space for you and no one gets to take that away from you or make you change settings. Your account is not the problem. The people messaging you are.

• Thank you so much you're the only one not victim blaming ☺️ You're very helpful I'll try that

• Np! Seriously though. Def message me if you still have problems and we'll round up a posse ;)

What Guys Said 12

• First of all I am sorry that you have to go through this. Through all the other answers you have been given options. From reading your answers I see you want to keep your profile open but in settings there is an option to only receive PMs from people you follow. Be careful who you follow - Get to know them in public area first, talking to them on public threads. If someone creeps you out, block them and report them to admin. If they persist with different accounts, take nuclear option and say you will report to them to the police.
    Unfortunately as others have said Admin may seem slow to respond but probably have a lot of reports to go through. As Belle said best report to send is on their profile and report them for harassment. If it gets bad, a direct contact for admin
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact
    As you have said you are 17, these creepers are pedophiles and as well as being banned from sites like this should be in jail because they are not welcome in decent society, to be honest should be in prison wings enjoying the hospitality of the other prisoners who know how to treat people who prey on underage girls for perverted sexual pleasure because they are incapable of normal behaviour and healthy relationships.

• Umm why not just change your settings as to where only the people that you follow can message you, that way you'll avoid a whole bunch of creepers all at once? AND PLEASE DO NOT SAY "But why should I have to hide When gag lets you report but doesn't do anything to them" to me like you did the others. Because I'm going to say "WELL IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU LIKE IT THEN" since you're going to constantly allow them to harass you even tho we just gave you the potential solution to your problem LOL

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• you should not have to deal with this shit but anytime you're on a site like this you're bound to have creepers in your inbox so yeah...

• There's creeps on every website. The only way to be creep free is to not use any site that has any sort of social interaction.

• They haven't done anything about the ones I've already reported

• Hmmm.. they're probably swamped with reports. :x

• Internet trolls exist. Boo hoo. Mute / ignore them and move on. If you can't manage that then you shouldn't be on the internet.

• You're defending pedophiles

• You're 17. That's hardly considered 'pedophile' area.
      And no. I am not. Don't be a presumptuous idiot. I just believe people should have individual agency over themselves.

• Pedophilia one of the worst crimes another horrible crime murder but murder is ok as long as it's only hardly murder

• thats what the block feature is for

• Make your profile private, only allow messages from people you follow.
    Other than that, block the rest.

• It's not really "hiding" it's just making sure you talk to you want to talk to.

Even if gag blocks an account, the person can just make a new one. So it really just falls onto you to block those people.

• because they are not your white knights your a big girl protect yourself.

• I'm not even legally an adult so there pedophiles and you're defending pedophiles

• @bellepepper wow so confident lmao I didn't know you spoke for everyone lmao

• Yeah, I'm just cool like that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• You could always deactivate and just make a new one and not put up a photo. Also you can go to settings set it to private and only allow messages from those that follow you

• These people that are harassing you, are you blocking them and they just make new accounts to bother you?

• I'm not sure the last time you reported them, but it may take some time. There could be thousands of other girls on this site doing the same exact thing (I really don't know how many people g@g consists of)

• Put your account on private so only people you follow can message you. That way you won't have to deal with the unnecessary disrespect you don't deserve.

• Why dont you just block them, i dont get it. Or make your profile private

Nice rant you just pulled there when you could of easily solved this on your own... they always say dont come me with problems come to me with solutions

• WOah... How did i not pm you yet.. let's pm bby.

• Block them. You don't have to deal with them at all.

• You'd only be blocking the users who are misbehaving. It isn't like you're unable to interact with good users.

And GaG DOES get rid of people... but they're almost certainly backlogged.

I understand where you're coming from, and I really do sympathize. But you have the ability to stop this problem yourself, and I think you should do it.

What Girls Said 9

• Unfortunately you cannot stop them at will. Their job is to sit behind their computer screen, clicking on every potential female profile that they see and message them. If you don't answer they reply with?, sad faces or in broken English.

• Remember the females they message are not special to them. They will keep trying with each and everyone until they get somebody naive enough to talk to them.

• Block them. And don't say "but why should you have to if gag isn't doing anything" because they are. It's only so much they can do. They freeze accounts and ban users only for them to come back with new accounts. So your best bet would be to block them and set your profile to private. If you're not going to take the time to do that, then don't complain.

• The administration cannot get to everything right away. First, make sure your profile is set to private. Two, continue to report these users' posts and messages. Three, block any of them that have been harassing you.

It's not you hiding from them. It's you protecting yourself and not continuing to be annoyed by those that have been bothering you for whatever reason.

• You can set it so only people you follow can message you.

Then.. if you still have creepers.. block them

• When you report, it goes to an admin. They are not on 24/7

and then, just because someone msg's you, does not mean they are breaking any rules.

When people bother me, I just ignore them.. They go away.

I've only ever blocked one person my entire time on here.

• did u message them?

• It might be a good idea to privatize your profile, and remove photographs and have a fake boyfriend / fiance / husband to drive the creeps away from you.

• The internet is not a safe place for anyone if you're dumb and give out personal info. Just use that block button.

• That's not really hiding. Just general advice about conduct on the internet.

• Block them... Duh.

• Block them