Should admin have the option of revealing anonymous posters if the post is aimed to troll?

• yes/explain
  • no/explain
  • explain, explain unless it can't be explained, then explain why in detailed explanation explaining reasons why explain can't be explained.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It would still be a violation of privacy. They can freeze their accounts or they can warn them. But it would not be a good idea to reveal their identities.

Most Helpful Guy

• No because people's definition of trolling is different. Some people will take it too far and excuse something simple as disagreeing with an opinion as trolling. Like, a woman asks "Do you support feminism?" and someone will, within his rights, say "No I don't really like feminism." She could probably consider that as trolling even though it isn't, all because she thinks it's outlandish to not support feminism.

What Girls Said 4

• No because by doing so they will open a flood gate of negativity and bashing

• I think I have a coward stalker who always trolls on my posts by being a huge gaping asshole. I would very much like to know who he is, dear admins.

• Yes. That would be great.

• That would be cool but its enough that they can see the poster themselves.

What Guys Said 8

• The explanation is clear. Anonymous posters are anonymous. If they were not anonymous, they would be non-anonymous. So revealing them would make them non-anonymous, but the rules allow them to remain anonymous, so they would then be anonymous non-anonymous users who are anonymous while being non-anonymous, which is impossible, so it is obvious that the not so obvious disclosure of non-disclosed identities is contrary to the physical laws of nature and anonymity See how obvious it all is?

• When they offer the opportunity to post anonymously they are basically guaranteeing that anonymity. If it's a troll the best they can do is take it down.

• No, they shouldn't.

• Remove the posts of course, but revealing the identity is such a privacy violation!

• No. If that is truly the case, it should just be deleted.

• No. shouldn't reveal the indentity.
    Maybe after 5 anonymous violations, the trolls would receive a message saying that they won't be able to post anonymously if they receive one more anonymous violation in 90 days.

• No. They should warn the anon troller that another offense and they lose their account.

• No they can suspend and cancel their accounts. Why be so upset about trolls? YouTube is the worst.