If you get a MHO , do you thank the asker?

... if not, why not?

I always thank the asker for the MHO.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I have Answered this Question a time ago, and I stil stick to my same answer here , Dear... Yes, I always do, ever since someone very special on here reminded us all nearly 2 years and 10 Levels ago, that it is always Polite To... Thank the asker for MHO.
    My New one on This Now is whenever I get MHO, I make my "Thank you" More personal, with: "Thank you for the Vote of Confidence."
    I used to Say "Thank you for allowing me to lend a helping hand." No matter, anyone who knows me, knows what I mean with whatever I say every day.
    Good luck. xx

• Yes , you are always polite and i have always respected you!! 💜

• Thank you so much, sweetie, for Not only this Honor of the Vote of Confidence, I love you for your kind and thoughtful words, and I bet we are Following one another as friends till the end.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 12

• Yeah I always try to thank the asker, although sometimes my notifications are a bit messed up so I might miss it.

• Yeah, you are always respectful and polite on GaG 😊

• Lol okay I got it now! xD

• Lol 😜👍😘

• I have a strategy for this one:
    1) If the question had lots of opinions and they chose mine out of all of them, I post a decent thank you sentence;
    2) If it had a few opinions, then I simply say thanks;
    3) And if it next to no other opinions, or none that mattered anyway I don't reply as they probably chose my answer purely because the system was bugging them to do so.

• not allways. i mean in the end i shouldn´t be thankfull for giving the "most helpfull" answer, right? :P the asker should

• Not necessarily, it's thanking them for the vote of confidence in you.

• yeah people value my options but i tend to reply even though MHO was allready given. that´s why.

• by the way i was just fooling a bit with my initial answer xD i´m of course not that obsessed with myself. but it does genuinely annoy me if a notification just brings me to a "thanks for mho".

• I do my best to do that now. I also thank them for an up vote.

• Thank you very much for the vote. LOL.

• Message me sometime so we can continue this conversation.

• Okay 👍

• No, because I helped him when he gave me one.

• Almost always. I think I did not one time when my answer was the only one after several days. It felt funny to think of thanking them for choosing mine when it was the only one.

• Yes, most of the time I do.

• Yes of course :)

• Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Nothing personal if I don't.

• If you don't , what would be your reason?

• Haha, you're welcome :P technically it was the first one
      It essentially stood for "well I'm glad"

• Haha, ok 👍😊

• Almost always

• Sometimes.

• If you don't, why is that?

• Maybe that is why your MHO % is so low

• Nah, I doubt it.

MHO percentage doesn't mean much, especially if your opinions do not align with the "mainstream" opinions.

Besides, I could probably raise my MHO percentage by only answering questions that I have really good answers for, but then my total amount of opinions would be lower, and if everyone did that, the site would not be as alive as it currently is.

• I never did because I thought that wasn't something I should be thanking them for.
    I guess I should start doing it from now on

• I thank them because it shows my appreciation for their confidence in my opinion.

• Yeah, I'll start thanking them too. I didn't mean to be rude, I just thought you weren't supposed to

• You don't have to, but i think it is respectful and polite to thank people. If people don't thank me inever give them another MHO because i assume they have no manners.

What Girls Said 17

• Meh it just seems repetitive. Plus they're already thanking you for giving good advice. it's like you're stuck in a thank you no thank you cycle. Then it seems like a waste of their time and I don't like bothering people with wastes of time you know :/

• That doesn't happen in my case. I thank them and that's the end of it.

• Ugh manners are confusing

• Yeah, always. I believe it's the polite thing to do. :)

• Yes. Just being courteous.

• Always, yes.

• No i don't thank him sometime I do!

• I usually thank the asker. If I don't it's purely by accident. It's just a courtesy for me.

• I always say thank you.

• Always.. Common courtesy costs nothing.

• I always do it, it's important to, in my opinion

• Yes, I do. It seems like the polite thing to do, especially if they chose my opinion out of many.

• Yes, I do :)

• i always do its only polite to

• Yes, I do, when I don't forget it.

• Yes, I always do.

• i don't
    it's just been the habit
    they got help as well as a points exchange

• Yes always

• Yes. If you get MHO that means that you were useful to that person. When i thank them, it's my way of saying " i'm glad i could help"