If an anonymous user can block you, why can't you block them back? or is that irrelevant at this point?

LOL this just happened to me. Both I and the Question Poser were anonymous. They accused me of being the political persuasion I am exactly opposite to, and of course that coward blocked me so I can't refute. There is apparently no way to block them so they can't respond to me in the future. Because when you post anonymously blocked users can post to you, but I can't post back to this particular post. WHY?

Most Helpful Guy

• My understanding is that an anonymous user can block you only for that question. The block does not carry outside of that question.

• OK so I would have to have them randomly run into me again (me as anon) and then if they posted non-anon then I could block them for good. Otherwise, no way. Got it.

• Thank you for MHGuy. :-)

• You're welcome.

What Girls Said 1

• It's only for that question

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think anonymous people should be able to do anything except ask or answer. And I don't think they should be able to collect exper points

• I don't understand how that can happen.

• It did trust me.

• No, I didn' mean that way. I do believe what you say, but it's just that I am wondering logically how can that happen?, Anyways let me see if I can come up with a logical reason to this one.

• When you block an user, both of you can't comunicate with each other.

It goes both ways. I know cause I've been blocked and the pop up says roughly something like "either you blocked this user, or this user blocked you"

• so this means they won't be able to respond to me next time. Great, that's ok.

• Go ahead, I'm pretty sure you can unblock me after.

• It's really ok I have things to do LOL.

• I don't even get how that is possible