Has your Gag activity had real life consequences for you? Good or bad?

Have people questioned or criticized you for your opinions, outside of Gag, or together with people on Gag?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, not to go into detail but yes. A partner got jealous of my GaG social life/activity. So, yea, there were consequences.

I made a few friends, and I get updated on a few friend's lives via facebook. So, that's nice.

What Girls Said 18

• It'd be unrealistic if I expected everyone to agree with my opinions.
    However, the manner in which people do it is plain disgusting at times.
    I've had people criticize my opinions before.
    Usually, I tend to notice that their views are brainwashed by their religion.
    I notice that's usually the people that disagree with me.
    Others, that can see outside of their relationship can understand my view.

I think the key here is respect.
    Even if people don't agree... they should accept and respect another person for expressing what they feel is true.
    I think too much people in this society want to be heard, and "right".
    But they don't seem to notice that it's not all about being "right" it's about
    having your eyes open, and seeing that there are other views besides your own.
    That is OK!

I don't know anyone in real life off of GAG so usually this happens to me on here.
    This only happens when I speak about "Sexual promiscuity, someones sexuality" etc. (sensitive topics).

• I remain more open than most people about sexuality and promiscuity (I'd like to say).
      But anyway, for the MOST part I usually see people complimenting my opinions and think my words are wise (that's a compliment nonetheless).

• Good, it's keeping my mind off of my heartbreak :)

• I've made awesome new friends and have tooooooooooooons of ice breaker stories and omg whats' the word for stories that starts with a... ANECDOTES! So GaG has been super handy :)

• Perhaps? In real life? No because I do not post pictures of myself here and my circle doesn't seem to know jack sh*t about Girlsaskguys. com. If people have been criticizing my opinions on GAG then I haven't been giving enough chits to notice.

• I keep all my GAG activity within the confines of GAG. :P

I haven't disclosed any info about any of my accounts to anyone. The most I've given was my first name to a few people via PM, so if anyone does know, it's because they're a creepy-ass stalker.

• Real life... absolutely great. I met my best friend here oh so long ago.
    The negatives... sometimes I let it get me upset and then I'm not the person I should be. Sometimes it makes me lazy irl.

• It's made me think differently in some aspects, I thought I was pretty open minded when I started on this site but now i'm even more open minded because of it lol and that came from being criticized and forced to rethink.

But other than that, it's just a filler for boredom.

• The good consequences are the gift cards.

The bad consequence is it taking up a lot of my time.

• Hmm, I don't think it's had too many negative consequences besides being on here too long. Other than that, I've been able to pass the time, get advice, and meet new people to talk to. Can't complain.

• GaG doesn't really affect my life outside of here. Nobody even knows that I'm on the site lol.

• Besides waking up late on the next day, I can't think of anything.
    My sister knows that I use GAG and she thinks it's a waste of time, but she knows nothing about my opinions, so I was never questioned or criticized.

• So far, no one knows of my presence on GAG. But it's safe to say even if my employers or friends did find out, it wouldn't hold any life changing impact. For the most part, they'd wanna know what I said.

• No bc no one really knows I have a GAG except my mom. We laugh about all the funny and sometimes ridiculous shit people post or the spirited debates/arguments people have with me.

• Of course not. Gag doesn't overlap with my life

• I haven't done homework for 2 weeks. You tell me.

• Sometimes when I try to log into my laptop I type in my GaG password :P

• when i was on it a lot... yes it made me hate all males xD

• so far i've been pretty successful at separating GaG from my professional life, although when i was still a student using this site, it did cut back on my study time.

What Guys Said 18

• Off the top of my head, GAG has...
    -- Helped get me out of my depressive state. Before GAG, I was in a depressive state. I wasn't suicidal, but I felt completely isolated, alone, self esteem was at an all time low, and life just seemed like a never ending rut that bored/annoyed me and went on. GAG helped me give another reason to go on (like I had a purpose). It helped me help others which (because of my personality) helped me feel better about myself. It let me know that I could give something of worth to the world. It also helped me out of isolation because...

-- I have made plenty of friends on GAG that I speak to outside of GAG. This is mainly why yahoo answers never helped me mentally out much and GAG did. It was the community feel. I've met some really cool people on here. It is something I never thought would really happen, but it did.

-- Made me (probably very slightly) more sociable. It could be since my mood was picked up some from here, or the fact I interact with people on here, or the fact that GAG has made others less intimadating to me... In any case, GAG has probably made me a little more sociable in real life.

-- Knowledge. With as many questions as one answers on here, and as many opinions you read, you start to naturally pick up on some things. You learn about new cultures, new takes on the world, and good and bad side of people. GAG has given me all sorts of takes on how people act and it also has propelled me to do research on topics for questions I answer. (If I don't know about something I'll research into it.) This has helped in me in real life. For instance, my sister had some trouble with a guy and she needed advice for how to deal with the situation. With help from previous GAG knowledge, I was able to give her decent advice.

-- A passion. It has made me realize that I love helping people. I love how people think too. It has made it so I am considering changing my major to something I actually like more-- psychology. GAG has helped me discover a hidden passion of mine.

TL;DR; GAG has given me happiness, friends, a more sociable personality, knowledge/experiences, and a passion.

• I've only had positive outcomes IRL as a consequence of being on GaG. The only person who knows my identity as gray_sailor is of course @GraySailorsBride , my wife. She doesn't post anywhere near as often as I do. But she does read every single thing that I write. Sexual behavior is topic I follow on GaG. My frank answers to people gives my wife insight into my thinking. These insights often pay off for me (us) later in our bedroom.

Open communication between spouses on sexual matters is good for the relationship... go figure.

• Nope. I now keep all GAG communication within the confines of the site. Zero overlap between this site and my real life.

• no negative consequences

• Criticized online, never in person. But as far as my life is concerned I would say it's benefited me. Broadened my horizons on certain subjects. I used to be opposed to gay marriage over a year ago and it was through conversing with others on here that I've since changed my opinion.
    I have a deeper understanding on how a lot of girls think about particular issues among other things.
    All in all I'd call this a win *thumbs up*

• Plus, I'm big on the idea that if you're not willing to take shit for the things you say then you probably shouldn't say it. If you can't stand up for what you believe in (presumed say what you mean and mean what you say) then what the hell are you doing?

• Nobody beside's my little bro has ever seen what I write here. And even then I only show him the funny stuff.

• No, it hasn't had any consequences for me in real life.

• Bad- Spend like 2 hours at least everyday here :/

Good- It has actually helped with a few problems...

• People listen to me and take me more seriously on here than irl. They never come looking for me for serious advice about stuff. But people will open right to me on here.

Is this what you were looking for?

• I'd definitely had #GaGDrama and #GaGBeef in my almost 6 years being here. None outside of GaG outside of the users I talk to outside of this website. :-P

• Yes, I was able to buy a few things with the amazon gift card

• I'm pissed, they raised the amounts of points for that. I mean, I wasn't close, but c'mon

• yea, after 10 years of dedication on this site, you'll finally get a 20 dollar card to buy some tube socks on amazon, yay

• Just joined the site not very long ago, so no not really. Just reading around though it has basically confirmed some of the beliefs I already had.

The opinions I've said here, I've really only said to a few people, and they were people I knew would most likely agree with me of have similar opinions.

• My gag life is completely fine operating around my normal day to day life

• None whatsoever.

• Some of the questions and positive comments here might change them in the future, but not yet.

• Nope my life still the same, no change whatsoever

• I think it taught me to be more open minded and not take things as seriously.

• no, since this is just a site.