Should people named Hitler even be allowed on this site?

There are many racists homophob sexist hateful people on this site.

Should they and the people who call themselves Hitler and those kind of names be even allowed on this site?

Why don't we just ban them all?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you ban unpopular speech, your right to speak will depend on you remaining in favor and being popular.

• That doesn't make sense.

• If the majority decides what can and cannot be said, they will approve their own speech and disapprove of what the minority says. That is how it always works when right are decreed by people instead of being defined by laws.

• makes perfect sense

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• yes!

Because the moment you abolish freedom of speech YOU become the adolf hitler, the joseph stalin, the mao... the TYRANT!

Freedom of speech means giving people you don't like the right to speak too. It means giving room for the unpupular opinions. It means being tolerant enough to let people preach intollerance (which you are doing now).
    AND it means responsibility for your words! "concequense of your actions"

• It's called free speech, if you want yours they have to have theirs.

• Fuck free speech if it allows racists to talk. I hate free speech :)

• I said I hate free speech if it means racists spread their fucking bigotry. I can see who's the troll here.

• So you are one of those people that wants to ban speech you don't like.
      In Canada there's a law behind it and it calls all speech that is even remotely offensive as hate speech.
      The thing is this law is the definition of bigotry.
      Bigotry means being intolerant of others views and opinions regardless of what they are.

So YOU ARE A BIGOT for not letting racists saying their bs.

• There are people named hitler who dosent have anything to do with thee hitler. In those cases I certainly just feel sorry for all the pointless hate they probably get as well as pointless bullying they also probably get. But no doubt again that there are trolls pretty much everywhere, but you can't always know simply by a name.

• But they're usually hateful and racist.

• Well again, why shouldn't someone be allowed to have the username hitler cause of what one person did if it was their name even? Should Charles or Manson be banned cause he was a serial killer. While we have marylin manson for example who is an artist. Its only cause people assosciate hitler to that one person, if we had another famous man or lady for example who was also named hitler, this idea or concept probably wouldn't exsist, but being famous is not relevant to the concept really.

• @ Asker
      Indeed

• You are wearing the anonymous tag, how do we know you aren't just a hypocrite?

• Hypocrite? For what? For hating fucking racists and bigoted aggressive people?

• I don't know. I'm just tired of them.

• Fair enough.

• Should people with no brain allowed on this site?

• LOL Here's comes the most racist person on GAG.

• You just say this because Im white. Anti racist is a code word for anti white.

• Should they be allowed on the site? Yeah, why not?

Should we ban them all? Nah.

Why? They've done nothing wrong.

• Do people think I should be banned because of my name?

• they should ban the gays

• Hitler kind of gets a bad press. He was an alright guy.

• Ha, here's another bigot.

• Your are correct anon I dont think we need PC Nazis telling us what we can and can't say in a democracy.

• Im guessing the @Asker is another of this worlds professional victims always wishing to portray those that disagree or oppose her opinions and beliefs as "aggressive bigots" or "racists" and all must conform to her world view of a controling thought police and a politically correct Reich.

• Because forcing people to be tolerant is intolerance in itself.

• NOT when they're racist. If we think like that we should let racists free in the society.

• So what? Kill them? That's an absolutely awful idea. That's like getting rid of schitsophrenic people because they can sometimes be violent or getting rid of all black people because some of them commit a lot of crime.

What Girls Said 5

• No, freedom to express yourself is a good thing.

We could police people's expression, lock them up in camps and gas them all. That would get rid of the free thinkers for sure!

Are you getting the irony of your post yet?

• No. I'm not racist and aggressive. They are. I'm not aggressive when they aren't around.

• I didn't say you were those things, I'm saying Hitler was a fascist and restricting freedom of speech is a fascist thing to do. You're objecting because someone has named themselves after a fascist but you propose fascism as a way of dealing with it.

Irony;

a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result.

• Aww, what's the matter, did Klara hand you your arse in a debate? :3 <3

• The world would surely be a better place without them, yes, but it's really really hard to actually find the people who have those thoughts, some of them might speak about it but then they are usually cowards so they will do it anonymously hence we wouldn't even know who the user is. Some of them don't really speak about it at all but the hateful thoughts are still there. It would be kinda impossible to filter them all out..

• Also the people that openly call themselves Hitler or something on here are usually just trolls, don't feed them ;)

• I don't wanna feed them. They are just so fucking aggressive.

• Yeah I know but their goal is most likely just to make people mad so by you being mad about it they know they have won.
      If we would all just ignore them I'm pretty sure they would vanish from this site in no time.

• Paddy Hitler from Dublin, he was Hitlers nephew.

• What's in a name?