Why are there so many bitter men and women on G@G?

It's mostly from the male side, but occasionally you'll see an anonymous woman who says she hates all men. What causes people to become so bitter that they feel the need to rant all their frustrations on the Internet? I mean, sure I got fucked over a few times, but that hasn't caused me to become so bitter that I need to blow off steam on message boards and social media websites.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... Gag is essentially a place where when/if things go bad, people try to get perspective, complain or group bash something.

When things are good.. people generally don't come here. They're just enjoying life... not that all of us are miserable depressed people but... we are here seeing "problems" all the time.

With that said, speaking for the male side. Guy's emotionally intelligence and social awareness takes time for us to catch up to women. I for one believed i was ahead of the curve when i was 20, fast forward 9 years later i come to realized that i was just about right in the middle (3-4 years behind women). So when you're a 18-21 year old dude... you're in no man's land. Can't date younger because it's illegal and girls your age think you're an idiot and older women don't want to waste their time.

- All this spawns the frustrated male who will be bitter towards women.

Most Helpful Girl

• They need to vent their frustrations somewhere, so I guess they assume here is better than sharing that information with their friends or family. It's easier to sit at the computer and type out every negative thing you are feeling to a bunch of strangers on the Internet, especially since you can go anonymous here. You don't have to worry about them knowing it was you (minus the admins).

What Guys Said 17

• they're all over the internet.

• Yes, there are a lot of bitter and jaded people. Yes, it's mainly guys.

But here's the thing. The purpose of this site is to try to understand the opposite sex. If the women on this site really want to understand the opposite sex, then maybe they should try to figure out why all those guys are bitter. To simply write them off as bitter, and therefore not worth figuring out why, doesn't do the job.

The truth is, that even though it's not always presented in the best way, it really does have merit. Those guys have legitimate concerns.

What I think is a much bigger problem at GaG is that everything seems to be a contest, rather than a true effort to understand. It's a contest about men vs women, and who has it worse. It's a contest about feminism vs anti feminism. It's a contest about blacks vs whites vs Asians vs Hispanics. It's a contest about religion, nationality, intelligence, education, status, age.

The site should be about trying to understand the others, not about who has it worse. Those bitter people are bitter for a reason, but nobody seems to be interested in finding out why.

• This is a dating advice site.

People typically end up on a dating advice site if they have dating problems.

Dating typically involves interaction "with members of the other sex", with fairly high expectations and falling quite flat on your face if you're rejected based on who you are.

The people who generalize an entire sex tend to be less liked among the other sex, so they end up here more angry than ever before, because things just don't "work the way they should".

• Bad experiences and to be honest I can understand why men and women do become bitter, I was bitter a few years ago after several bad experiences, one experience that took me an awfully long time to recover from.

I try not to be judgmental of the people who are bitter because they must have been put through some painful ordeals that have left emotional scars.

I just hope that these men and women are able to come out of the bitterness because it's very destructive on one's soul and despite suffering bad experiences there are lots of fantastic women and men around who could change their perspective on things if given a chance.

• Like others have said I think some people may have just had a really crappy day that day and they need to let the frustration out somewhere. There are some that are perpetually resentful. Those people are just by products of the world they've experienced or perceived. Some are just bored and troll to get reactions out of people

• This bitter men and women are the result of a cheating partner they had. So what did we learn today children? Right! Never cheat or the other part of the relationship will end as a bitter person, spreading hatred on the internet.

• People come here for there problems involving the opposite sex.
    Men tend to be more damaged by relationships, and it takes us longer to heal. So, that's probably why it's mostly men.

• it takes us longer because we refuse to talk about things, and lack people to support us. Unlike girls.

So that's our own fault XD

• @dartmaul15 Not entirely. We've been raised and socially conditioned to keep our problems to ourselves. But we should still talk about things, it just tends to be harder for us.

• that's what i mean. We don't tak because society have taught us it's not "how a man should act". So we don't really get to work through it the same ways girls do.
      More often than not, the guy try to just bottle up all the feelings and hide it away.

• I'm never bitter on here, but I do put my serious face on when someone's being immature or ridiculous.

That's about it.

• Because this is where bitter people come to hang out.

• The internet is a place where they can be themselves and not care if people judge them.

• I see so many joyful ones >.<

• Because the world is full of bitter people which creates assholes! XD

• the only women who hate men are the girls pumped and dumped by hot chads.

• Say Whattttt! I am not bitter... lovin life and happy to be here!

• Actually I see more dumb feminists bitching lol

• I don't see them often. I see more guys on here talking about how much they hate women. But yeah they're on here too

• Lol exactly 😂

• Yea well they are wayy wayyy wauyuyyyy more than sexually frustrated chicks on here lol. Like 90% of guys on here Tbh lol

• If you take GAG too seriously, you'll drive yourself nuts

• they are eating lots of sugarfree dark chocolate... .

What Girls Said 5

• The internet is a safe space for people to be extreme and say whatever they want. Many people troll too and just want a reaction. It isn't a reflection of who they really are always as they might also be having a bad day or something.

• I don't know.. sometimes they are right to be bitter.. sometimes they are just trolling.. and sometimes someone can just be having a bad day

• Non of them would know how to treat the opposite sex if their life depends on it lol they let others pressure them all the time and tell them what the opposite sex "wants" then they do those things and immediately regret it because it's all lies by the media, people read too many articles and google far too much on how to get with the opposite sex and just don't ever think how it would make them act... and that's just going utterly mental and horrible lol.

• Yea I've always wonderd that and why there's kkk people (the people who call each other white brother and sister and conversate about racial mixing agenda) (or just extreme pro race people) on here as well. I'm all for irrelevant things towards this site as long as it's not bashing.

• Because they can't get attention otherwise.