Has anyone ever felt hurt or insulted on GAG?

I'm just wondering if someone on GAG ever made you feel bad or worse than you possibly felt prior to the post. If so, share your story.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• Some weird cunt from across the ocean doesn't like me. Boohoo.

• Insulted, sometimes, actually. Some people resort to condescending petty nonsense rather than a real argument. But that's okay, because there is not much you can do with that; you can always just ignore it.

One time someone said something that hit a bit too close, though. I don't remember who it was, only what he said vaguely. What sucked about it was that I think he was right.

If they're right, then the fact that they're right is on me.

• Well no, insult is what you take. I don't really care what people say or think about me, I just go about giving my opinions honestly and hope that it helps people irrespective to who says what about me.

• nah im always chillin lol

• Nah
    If people here try to insult you, you shouldn't really care. It's just hate, closeminded people. If you can't make them 'understand' your point of view, why bother.

• Nah mostly just mildly amused. People in real life have called me arsehole before and I kind of get an ego kick from it. One time I asked someone to call it me again, it puts a smile on my face.

• Hell yeah I get thousands of insults just coz I am a Muslim

• Just ignore them. That's what we are taught. Protests, revenge, mayham... that is not Islam's teaching. Even when you get in a face to face situation, what are we taught? "just quietly walk away and avoid that company". But I hear you.. LOUD and clear. :)

• @havenoname thanks Bro 😊

• You are most welcome brother.

• Not insulted personally because I don't take it that way on social media. However, the potty mouth that people have about religion and specially the way people feel and talk about Muslims, it requires quite a will to continue being here.. Or any social media for that matter.

• One GAG story though. I had 10s of followers and followed here. One day, they found out where I was from. At least 25% of them freaked out. I didn't hear "alarm". I just heard " disappointment". In any case, I'm not that GAG person any more, NOT for that particular reason.

• Once when i was arguing with a Radical Feminist on this site i felt awkward, and i kept thinking about it afterwards because it related to my issue in real life, but other that no, i don't care what people will say to me, i just carry on with my stance.

• No I don't let people on here effect my mood that much.

• Sure once or twice. It wasn't cause someone insulted me though.

• Nah they are random people, I don't care about insults or downvotes from random people on the Internet

• No, when people on GaG do I find it entertaining. Those certain people make this website interesting and worth going on to.

• Nope. I'm a very chill person, it's hard to offend me or anything

• Yes, but that's GAG for ya!

• no my skin is too thick

• I once said who I liked one here, and got blasted for it

I once said that the person who was writing the question was insulting me fire saying she prefers uncircumcised over circumcised.

I once wrote that this one girl tried to post a question about if you'd date her friend and she went on saying that she was only kidding and that I needed to "lighten up"

Point is, if you take this site too seriously, you will get burned

• no. i'm not gay like that -_-

What Girls Said 18

• Yes because you ask for advice but they only expect you to answer theirs while not answering yours... but i know better not to ask anyone for advice seeing as people are generally very selfish, self-centered, greedy, manipulative people who LOVE to get a rise out of people :P this site is already full of trash... most things are just people trying to piss people off to get loads of comments for XPER lol, i've removed 99% of my questions because of it and i admit a lot of it was just rants because of my health problems, but people are just generally insesitive these days... but i don't let anyone i'm not following message me ether because very pervy guys are on here and i trust non of them, so id say don't use this site to gain any real advice from people because you won't get it...

• Honestly, i'm here for advice and to give advice. If you want to talk to someone who is genuine, feel free to talk to me. And you're right, there are a lot of pervy guys and it's really frustrating. Just like in real life, you have to filter through the crap people to find the good ones... sometimes I feel like it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

• Nah. People can annoy me if they start trolling hardcroe but if they insult me, I don't get insulted. They only know me through GaG, not in real-life. People only start throwing around insults, especially personal ones, when they realize their argument sucks too. So I generally take it as a +1, a pat on the back.

• Yup. It's not a dramatic story. But I was feeling super insecure about myself, so I asked one of those "How do I look" questions (I know, shame, but it's hard to resist sometimes!). There was one guy who called me ugly in a very... thorough way. I'm inclined to believe negative things more easily than positive, when it comes to myself, so I ended up feeling really awful.

• I'm the same way. There could be 10 guys that say i'm pretty, but the one person that says otherwise, I tend to listen to them. Sucks being a girl sometimes...

• Exactly. I'm always amazed at people who can focus on the positive so well, who just brush it off when someone insults them and keeps feeling fine.

• twice. first time it was on a different account but i had a disagreement with a girl and just about when i was about to say lets agree to disagree she commented saying, "whores like me deserve to get raped" it did not hurt to be told that because i know nobody deserves that but it hurt knowing there is someone in the world who thinks that way
    the second time i had just finished my Halloween makeup i thought it was good especially since it was my first time. i uploaded a picture of me in my Halloween makeup it had crappy quality and the lighting was not working with me but i didn't care because i wanted opinions on my Halloween makeup. one user did not fully understand when i said what do you think of my Halloween makeup and instead commented what he thought about my face harshly and very thoroughly and another girl commented agreeing even when i said thank you for your opinion now leave me alone they didn't.

• I was told that I wasn't really in love with my boyfriend, that I was actually depressed and only kept him around me for someone to complain to. That's really the only thing I've ever felt upset about on here.

• Every joke has a little bit of truth to it, joke or not

• Well, seeing as I'm very much in love with him, am not depressed, and don't keep him for that, I can't see any truth in it, nor do I think that anyone outside of my relationship who knows nothing about it could be able to tell me any of that.

• Eh, maybe for a minute or two. It wasn't that bad, so I got over it quickly. There was a post that angered me as well, but I was already having a bad week, so it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Overall, though, I haven't been too bothered by the site. What about you?

• Naw I just look where it's coming from. Most of the haters hide behind the anon feature.

• Yes. I was attacked a few times.
    I remember a guy who start offending me. He said he liked black girls and I got surprised since it's rare to see a white guy who's attracted to black girls. There's nothing wrong with that and I just said what I was thinking. Then, he start arguing with me.
    I still don't understand why he did that. I wasn't offending anyone.

• Not really although I have gotten angry when I see people posting blatantly racist or sexist stuff on here. I can't help argue against them but I have since learned that there is no point arguing with stupid people.

• There's no need calling them stupid. Whenever we believe in something passionately, we find the other side stupid.

• When people are being racist or sexist and they can't see anything wrong with it. Then they are stupid

• I've been insulted yeah, but it didn't hurt me. Insults would hurt me only if they come from someone I care about.

• never had that happen. if anything, the general tone of this site can feel depressing at times.

• Oh a few times sure.

• Called me names yes, did I care? No

• Not yet, I don t easely get upset.
    On the other hand, I hope I didn t.

• No, not at all actually.

• Not so far! I've got a thick skin and I've not been on GaG long though.

• Hurt or insulted, no. I have felt bad about certain people though.

• Nah, I don't really care what anyone says through a screen, or miles away. So never felt hurt or insulted her.

• So our have to ask yourself, if ou don't care, why are you still on here, but hypocritical, eh?

• Still on where? Gag? Or specifically this post? @Dave20153 . I'm serious. I really don't care.

• Type right.