Would GAG be better if post considered "nonsense" weren't removed?

Cmon we all have to stop being so serious all the time. Some are worth a good laugh

• Yes I agree
  • No I disagree
  • Flagging this as nonsense

Most Helpful Girl

• Posts flagged as nonsense are usually utterly absurd or don't ask a question. I know it has to be pretty bad for any of the moderators who tend to be on at night to flag. We like a laugh and joke and much as everyone else ;P

Most Helpful Guy

• Moderators and admin here sometimes exacerbate a situation. They say it's supposed to be an English language forum. So a four word opinion I wrote, in Dutch, gets removed, as they say it should not be necessary to translate it.

So, only a small percentage of Dutch speakers will understand it straight away, but it was of benefit to the asker. Having removed it, it's no use to anyone at all!!

They are so pedantic, and act like petulant children. "I can't understand it or be bothered to translate it, so nobody else can!!" What a self defeating attitude.

They say all answers/opinions should be public, not just for the asker. Most times now, on serious issues, I reply by PM as I want to help the asker, but I don't want MY private information being read by others. If they want to know something, they can quite easily ask their own questions!!

What Girls Said 6

• No it's a perfectly valid reason to remove things. Imagine this place filled with people posting things that made no sense or trolling questions all the time. I don't think people get how annoying that will be and I guarantee we'll have people on here threatening to leave this site if we allowed troll content all the time.

• It's an extremely vague reason to remove things.

• My post was seen by many by then, no use fighting it. It had been originally flagged as "nonsense". It was not nonsense, but admin decided to remove it because it was not a question. It was weird to single it out among all the other non-questions, but since it really was not a question, I did not have a valid argument and just let it go. Since that time, myTakes have been added so I guess non-questions should go there.

• @Red_Arrow Sorry to hear about it. Yeah if you have non questions then take it to the myTakes section :)

• I was always under the impression that the things removed as nonsense didn't ask a question or had so many grammatical errors that you can't make sense of them. Absurdity goes too. I mean, you agreed to the rules. You can always leave.

• I agree. They should concentrate on removing posts that are blatantly offensive. I'm not too bothered about someone posting some random silly post for a laugh. I don't myself.

• Yes, but only if these posts are actually nonsense.

Glasses USA was advertising on GaG a while ago, and any opinion pointing out that fact was removed under the"Nonsense" reason.

• Huh. I didn't know that. That seems like something that the admins did, then.

• Depends, what was it about?

• If the question isn't annoying, I don't think it should be removed. In my opinion, the only reason a post is taken under nonsense is because it is annoying. I think they should be a little easy on the nonsense category, lol.

What Guys Said 8

• Actually, I think we should be enforcing it a bit more than we currently do. A lot of questions that are not helpful whatsoever end up flooding the feed, and covering questions that actually ask for or will provide insightful opinions and advice.

Alas, I'm not that militant; I rarely remove posts as nonsense.

• It's funny because nonsense is subjective and could just be flagged as that because a person is buttthurt and has no retort to the argument.

• Tough question to answer, it depends on the topic.

• dude, a lot of my shit gets taken of for nonsense. in my opinion them doing that is nonsense

• I don't know, sometimes just the question makes me laugh. Who doesn't want a good laugh? And the trolls are hella funny too. Especially when you just notice you got trolled. xD

• Most of my posts are nonsense, so of course I agree.

• Flagging as nonsense should stay. I have seen posts such as: "Which do you prefer?" A) being pummeled by wild grapefruits escaping from prison
    B) stepping in dog shit barefoot C) pretending to be a giraffe.

• Whats wrong with that? And i actually dont think those get removed as nonsense

• Sure they do, I have flagged such and seen them disappear, of course with others' help.

It is frivolous and has nothing to do with asking real opinions on real subjects that affect relationships, etc. I can find plenty of websites for nonsense. You want nonsense? try the Romantic Forum on craigslist.

• those are usually the best posts.