Do you think we should be able to edit things we post on GAG?

If not why not?
If so why so?

or do you think we should be able to edit something for 15 minutes after we have posted it and then after that we can not edit it any longer.

• No, GAG should stay the way it is now.
  • Yes, we should be able to edit what we post.
  • Yes, but only for 15 minutes after we post it.

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG yes!!! I forget stuff sometimes, amd fuck up my sentences a lot

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it would be nice with the following rules:
    1) It can't be edited once somebody replies
    2) It can't be edited after it gets votes
    3) It can't be edited after it gets MHO
    4) It must be edited within a certain time, like withing a few days.

Also, you sort of used to be able to edit here. Not really, but there was a preview before posting. So when you hit submit, it came up in the preview screen with proper formatting. I'm not sure why it made a difference, but it was easier to spot mistakes that way.

• Great idea except #4 should be hours instead of days. Most questions are forgotten in 2 days or less.

• Any reason why the time limit should be so short if the other conditions are met? I actually thought a few days was short. I know a forum where it's a year, and mods can edit it for you indefinitely. I guess I was thinking along the lines that not everyone is her daily, so it gives them a few days to catch it.

• Oh well actually thinking about it I guess combined with everything else you said it would be ok for it to be a few days. Since if someone replies or votes it would stop you from changing it anyway. Actually I change my mind and agree with you. Good point.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, but I think there should be a limit to the number of times we can edit it or something

• Or yeah, I did not think of that one. That sounds a good idea.

• No, for the reasons ThisDudeHere has stated. But, it could be implemented if it allows editing only 5 minutes after the opinion owner posted the comment. After 5 minutes, no more editing. Mosy people realized their mistakes and typos after they've sent it lol.

• As much as I love that idea as I hate making typos, I can see how some users would abuse that feature. :(

• ABSOLUTELY. You wouldn't believe how many times I type something that made sense in my mind and all of a sudden I realize how it would come across to everyone else! And I'm sure I'm not the only one!

What Guys Said 11

• Naw cuz IMHO MFs would use and abuse that feature to no ends. People should "say what they mean and mean what they say" around here. Not say 1 thing... get criticized for it... then quickly decide to chance it to a more PC answer later on #NuhUh LOL

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• No. I have said this somewhere before: Imagine someone writing a "Do you guys like cute furry little puppies and kittens?" question.
    Then every one answers "yes, YES! I. LOVE. THEM."
    And the asker then changes the question to "Do you love my dick and scrotum?"

The edit option would be too easy to abuse.

• I hate the fact I make so many typos on here. I think I might close my account. Everyone can post here with mistakes and I can't. :(

• @NearlyNapping Yeah, I am going to close my account because of the typos. I just make too many. I am so dumb.

• I'm horrible at typos and I suck at spelling. I can go over something five times and still not catch things.

• Yes, you're right that feature/option should be there at least for say 30 minutes or something and then the button should automatically disappear.

• Nah, people would abuse it all the time and it'd get annoying.

I do understand wanting to be able to correct typos, though. I hate it when I do that.

• Yeah I probably make typos with at least 33% of my posts. I feel really embarrassed and depressed about it and am thinking of closing down my GAG account.

• Awww no worries, man. It's not such a huge deal. :)

• The problem is not my ability to type because I can but I loose concentration and when that happens I make a mistake. I just feel dumb since no one else does it. It makes me depressed.

• the trolls would love that

• Yes, whenever we want! Reasons are obvious. Mistakes, want to add something, remove something blah blah blah.
    To avoid misuse of it, put a button to see edit history.

• Oh yeah "edit history could be a good idea. Some people are dyslexic and make lots of mistakes.

• perfect idea

• @Dez22 Thanks. I hope admins see this.

• If you post, and someone comments on your post, and then you edit your post, the comment might no longer make sense. That would just be silly. Keep things as they are, and be careful what you post.

• We SHOULD be allowed to EDIT our posts... just so we get the wording and the spelling correct... OR MAYBE TO DELETE THE POST... IF WE DECIDE WE WERE TOO EMOTIONAL AND HAVE RETHOUGHT OUR POST... and decided it was inflamatory and we want to delete it.

• YES!

GAG, TAKE THIS AS THE INITIATIVE

• Yes I think an edit feature should be introduced.

• Just for typos

• Yeah that is what I am thinking for typos but I don't know how you would stop people not changing the complete question or opinion.

• I mean I want it for typos but I don't feel like changing the opinion should be regulated and not allowed what they could do is do an edited button that lets you see the original one like on Facebook

• Yeah I make so many typos and am thinking of closing my account because of it.