Who/where are the admins on this site and how do you reach them?

There's a guy that posted up something very close to a suicide note and I'm concerned about this. I don't know if it's just a prank or if it's real but I'm taking it as real. Shouldn't the admins or mods or whatever be on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can report it or you can contact a admin

3 Admins here are

@RedRain
    @menguc
    @xHoneyxBeex

• Ah, thank you. The post has since been taken down though, so I can only hope that the admins did see this and are doing what they can in this situation. I'm honestly not sure if it's even my place to interfere further in this...

• Your welcome.

• Thank you for MHA.

Most Helpful Girl

• @GirlsAskGuys
    @RedRain
    @xHoneyxBeex
    @menguc

I hope it's just a prank tho..

• Thank you. Honestly I do too but I'm treating it like it's not because I don't mess around with things like this. But I do hope I'm just overreacting. I'd rather be annoying and crazy and raise this issue just in case it's not a hoax. :\

• Yeah. I know, I don't joke around with things like this too. But hopefully that person didn't proceed with it.. it's sad to hear it.

• Thank you (:
      Hope everything's fine now.

What Guys Said 3

• I had this happen once and got absolutely no response ever! Fortunately the poster did respond to my PM and did not follow through on her threats.

The issue here is not whether G@G has a legal duty to respond and it is not a question of whether they have the "authority" to intervene. G@G reaching out and alerting the local authorities of the situation would simply be the right thing to do.

• I tried messaging but there was no reply. I was trying to find the "contact" us link - I had forgotten where I saw it - but by the time I did they had already taken the post down so I assumed/hoped they did see the post and are going to do what they can about it. At this point I'm not sure if it's my place to interfere further.

• Flag it and they will look over it.

• That dude was literally like he was gonna do it tonight or something. This is the question:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1737724-will-you-forgive-me

I may be overreacting but I literally talked my friend down from suicide just last night and he had to get admitted so I'm in the state of Not fucking around when it comes to things like this.

• I don’t know how much them taking it down helps but a while ago they took down one of my questions for posing Chop Suey lyrics.

• ... LOL.
      But no, he had posted up a picture of him and a helium tank and heavily implied something about him, that tank, and a mask. I doubt he's gonna spend his night blowing up balloons.
      I just wanted the admins to see asap so they can do whatever they can do to help him. Probably not much but they're the ones with his information and they're the ones that should know what to do with this kind of thing.

• if it was posted in anonymity it should remain so. do you expect the admins to track him down and have authority intervene? be realistic.

• It wasn't anon. like I said before, I might be overreacting. He might've actually been planning on blowing up tons of balloons with that tank of helium, in which case sorry and Lol. But I'm not in a state to fuck around when it comes to suicide.

• well being a "social network website" owner myself, it is possible for them to peek in his PMs to see if he's given out his phone number. But thats considering the PMs aren't encrypted prior to entering the database to prevent creepy employees from doing this at their leisure (passwords are usually treated this way).

• I see. Thank you.

What Girls Said 6

• The post you are referring to has been removed. For future reference, you can message one of the admins directly or send us a contact form about the issue by going here www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• Also, I would like to add that when we remove a post for the reason "suicidal tendencies" we send the user a help message with links to information sites and the suicide hotline where they can get help.

• Okay I understand now. I know there's not much you could've done other than that but at least it's something. Thank you.

• When someone posts a suicidal post, the best thing to do is flag the post as Suicidal Content. The post will be removed and the poster will get a message linking them to suicide prevent sites and hotlines. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/account

The best way to contact the admins is to message them via Contact http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• I understand and thank you. I did finally find the contact link and sent them a message.

• Glad to help. I would be worried about a person too

• Hi! Yes, if you ever see something like this again, please report the post by clicking on the flag and choosing the report reason "Suicidal Tendencies". The post gets removed but the user also gets information on the suicide prevention lifeline so they can be helped accordingly.

Thanks for the concern :)

• Can I ask why such posts should be removed? Just seem kinda cruel to remove things people say in my opinion when they are on the edge, might push them further over it.

• @TripleAce Yeah what I was thinking too. Struggled with suicidal thoughts much myself in life, if I was to make a post like that, it had to be last thing I wanted. And proffesionals have never been any comfort whatsoever, in my case anyway. People who can relate can be much more helpful.

• @TripleAce @Tanuron I know what you guys mean :/ but suicide is a very sensitive topic and we don't want other members of the site encouraging or promoting suicide so we choose to remove those questions and send the user a help message instead.
      It could happen that a person who is suicidal asks here for help, and another user, maybe without even knowing, says something that makes that person feel even worse. You can't really tell the degree of depression they have, and it's very risky. :/

• I saw the post, and hoping to the gods of the universe that he was trolling. (Please let it be trolling...)

• Yeah they took the post down already but I'm hoping they are successful in reaching out to him. I messaged him but he didn't reply.

• I hope so too...

• If it got took down then they saw it and they would have sent some contact details for suicide helplines. They sent me that stuff when they thought I was being suicidal and took the post down very quickly.

• You report the question as a suicide threat...