Do you block people?

Simple question: Do you block people here on GAG? Like, any at all?

I have a strong no blocking policy, I don't block anyone, BUT I'm getting sick of horrible people randomly saying mean things to me, haters constantly hating on me, creeps creeping on me, etc... Which makes me consider starting to block people. So I wanna know if you people block others or nah. If the majority of you do, I probably will start as well.

• Yes, I do
  • No, I don't

Most Helpful Guy

• Do I block people? No, but I would if the need arised.
    I haven't made enemies on here (except for possibly one because I kind of bashed him on his question and called him out for his EXTREME creepiness. I don't know how he took it though xD). I blocked one person awhile back, but they have since deactivated. That was back when I was an xper 3 I believe. So yeah, I don't have anyone blocked, but that is because I've never gotten angry or annoyed with someone enough to block them 😅

Should you block people? I would say yes. The reason is this: why don't you block people? Is there a strong reason for it?
    Personally, I can't imagine a reason not blocking a person who is harassing and stuff just because of reason like perhaps pride or a "idk why it just has always been that way."

You don't need to go crazy and hit the block button everywhere you go, but there is no reason to let asshats keep being an ass to you. You deserve better than that. No one is going to judge you for blocking a guy who keeps being a total dick (or... on the flipside... a dude who keeps sending dicks expecting something).

Being tolerant is only good to an extent. Given how popular you are and how straightforward you can be, you are bound to have haters.

I SAY THE FIRST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU GAVE ME ON HERE:
    Block them, their problem is not your own.

• Ahhhhh haha I remember that girl!
      You're right, I don't really have a very legit reason for not blocking.

• Snartass 😂😂😂

• I'll take that as a compliment 😁

Most Helpful Girl

• yes i do, but i won't block unless people are LITERALLY talking to me just to stir up a shit storm and being an absolute pest.

-following me around on questions throwing shit on every opinion [even ones about food or whatever]
    - arguing with NO logic whatsoever and wasting my damn time.
    - people throwing personal attacks.
    - people using my pictures on questions
    - stalkers, asking my for my social media
    - sexually suggestive comments.

etc...

in all honesty id wonder why youd give yourself this 'policy'. as someone well known on the site, ur gonna get hate, and it's not really gonna get much better if u keep taking shit from people. I've got almost 40 blocked now and my activity on the site feels much more 'relaxed'. the feature is there for you, USE IT.

What Guys Said 65

• nah I don't block anyone cause they block me so saves me from blocking them hahaa. your haters are retarded, like mine. ignore them and let them block you.

• How does a federal breast investigator have haters?

You do such important work for our security, making sure nothing dangerous is in 'dem funbags. Thank you for your sacrifices, sir

• in more than 3 years of being on this site I've blocked 7 people. 3 reasons why
    1. they clearly are just bent on trolling my opinions
    2. they engage in one sided battles where they won't listen but will insult, berate, etc to make their point
    3. they blocked me so I can't post on their things. so I block back so they can't post on mine without me being able to rebut

• I only block the fucking phaggots and or bitches who choose to block me 1st on here. Ya know so they can't unblock me... downvote/argue with me on this or that question and then reblock me all over again like #COmmieD said HAHAHAH

treehouse.alphabity.com/.../lolligans.gif

• no. i just think it's a punk move and makes you kinda soft... as long as they aren't straight up trolling. like, this guy blocked me yesterday because i told him his points were generic and i didn't get a chance to respond to what i meant. like are you really that sensitive that every time someone disagrees or tells you you're wrong that you have to keep them from having a conversation with you? i just feel like people on here (no offense to anyone who this may concern) get their feelings hurt way too easily.

• Yes I block many people for the following reasons.
    1. Being trolls/ mockers
    If somebody account is dedicated to nothing but trolling there getting blocked
    2. Being Askholes/ inhibitors of free speech.
    Askholes are people that ask a question , but are only looking for answers they what to hear. If you provide an answer they don't what to hear they will insult you , or say "it doesn't matter what you think because you are wrong." usually aided with misinformed statics.
    3. Spammers
    This are the people who spam questions multiple times to get attention, troll, or being an Askhole

• I block without the slightest hesitation even if they haven't done anything to me - If I think they are rude or ill mannered I will block them - Anyone who interferes negatively with my time on GaG will be blocked. I have blocked 42 so far.

• I would only ever block someone who appeared to be a spam bot.

If someone is annoying, I just reason with them until they block me. I've only got like one person on here to block me, though, but I do this on facebook when talking to 'teabaggers' quite a lot. Works every time..

• I don't block anyone... I have had no reason. I have had some people feel strongly about their opinion and get a little heated, however, I don't feel that is a reason to block someone.

Most people are pretty good on here, not to rude.

I would imagine it would suck for some girls, I know guys can be pretty rude!

• Yes, I do block people! I have a girl in mind that I am thinking of blocking right now.

• Very rarely. If there was a way to completely block someone, as in you never saw a comment or question from them, that would be great. It would be as if the never existed on GAG. The only block I can recall was a teenage girl that would block and unblock you so she could control the conversation. Had to block her to prevent it from occurring again.

• I love B L O C K the people who blocked me. 😡I have my rights to block someone. Who's next?
    I'm kidding, I never block anyone.😜

• I block any one I don't feel like dealing with or is other words a pain in my ass, I don't tolerate serious trolls and fools.

• I never blocked anyone, but I can totally get what you mean. While im new to the site, sure noticed a lot of just pointlessly cruel people and so many idiots Im not sure if are just idiots or trolling for attention. Can certainly become tiresome.

• I've only blocked one or two people myself which were fucking idiots and only insulting me.

But apart from that I try not to block them. But I guess as guy it's a little bit easier anyway.
    And I also prefer people telling me when they don't like something instead of blocking me. I might be a weirdo and sometimes creepy but I'm not an asshole who likes to annoy people

• I'm the same as you - a strict no blocking policy. Heck, I even made a list of people that have blocked me on my profile just for the sake of it.

But I don't have any haters tho

• I ONLY block people who agresively block me. (who block after insulting me)

Right now:
    No one is blocked!

• I've never blocked anyone. I have reported a user very occasionally, especially for PM'ing (people who used the site as dating site). But less than 5 in 2 years on GAG...

• Hey, at least if they do it on your opinions, then you know who it is. :P

I don't block people. I've been debating if I should block people whom I realize and find out that they have me blocked, but I was lazy for that.

• Yeah, I do know haha

• My haters were always anons! And then there were those new level 4 users who had me blocked for whatever unknown reason even though I had never talked to them.

• I don't usually block anyone, anywhere. I do occasionally get blocked by women who block all men though. Still, I don't block them in return. I also know it is quite different for ladies though. Too many men feel it is acceptible to be creepy behind a computer screen. So, I do advise female friends to block when necessary. I feel that conducting yourself in a respectable manner should reduce your odds of harrasment. For example, comment on sexual topics and you will attract the worst of the worst. It's like an invitation to some men. However, I challenge you to teach with kindness. Try to reach people and help them understand that their behavior makes it uncomfortable for others. Try not to be insulting because then they just get defensive and don't learn squat. Be a light for those lost in the dark. Together we can make a difference!

• I think I've only blocked 2 people and have gotten blocked by 3 people that I know of.

• Only when I'm on my tablet and my finger accidentally hits block other wiser I've never blocked anyone on purpose :D.

• Well.. you are pretty famous on G@G.. no doubt. Of course that brings you haters and creeps and the junk of the community as well. I bet there is no one on here who doesn't know who Missnowhere is.

• I don't block anyone. For whatever reason, I find it immensely more satisfying to let them comment on my stuff and make fools of themselves.

• I used to but even spending that amount of time on the haters to scroll and click the block button is too much time spent

• I used to, not anymore, I think that you know what you should do. Blocking saves you from a lot of that storm with haters and all that. I just simply don't pay any attention to them.

But i would if they were harassing me. I suggest that you block whome you feel is invasive then after a set time go through your block list and return that list to zero. I used to do that every week and it worked like a charm because the people who got really over zealous blocked back and I no longer had to block:D

• Never did never will, actually i did recently this one guy because i told him that the girl his obsessed with was trying to get the D from someone else then the scrub tried to message me asking why? seriously if i don't know you like that nor want to get to know you, don't get at me like that bitch. keep it on the opinions section

• I've only had to block 7 people so far since I've been on GAG, so yes I block but rarely.

• I have no reason to, if I was bombarded by messages that held no meaning I might, but I doubt it would bother me so probably not.

• I blocked exactly one person. Simply because they just wouldn't stop harassing.

• I just blocked this one dude that was basically harassing EVERYONE

• I've got about 5 blocks going and I was going to post something similar but you beat me to it. Kudos to you!

• More from Guys
    35

What Girls Said 53

• I do. I am afraid my block list is longer than my follow list haha

• Yes, I do. I consider the blocking feature to be a filtering system. In my every day life outside of the internet, I would not tolerate, condone, or accept someone displaying the behavior you mentioned. If there was someone at work for example who was horrible and randomly saying mean things to me, haters constantly hating on me, creeps constantly creeping on me, etc.; I would not put up with their bullsh*t. Their nonsense would not be tolerated and it would end as soon as it started. I don't believe in wasting our limited, precious, divine time and vivaciousness and energy on hating, creepy, horrible assholes who don't deserve our focus. I also think that these people need to learn that they are not entitled to who we are and our spaces despite how horrible and unfruitful they are. So that is why I use the block feature.

• I don't have a single person blocked. I've come very close to blocking a few when they'd start up or continue aimless arguments on questions of there's that I replied to or if they replied to one of myTakes or questions. They'd just be babbling on, non-stop. Being very rude, not making much sense, etc.. Sometimes I'll get private messages of that nature too.

As much as I want to block them so they'll just give me a break, I don't because that kind of means they win. lol That's how I look at it, at least. For the creeps, I'll tell them to leave me alone, that I'm not interested, and if they continue, just straight up ignoring them will generally get them to give up within a week.

• Yeah I do. There were some people who have been so ridiculously rude to me for no apparent reason at all. Like they would just message me and tell I'm a slut or a "stupid, ugly c*nt" and I honestly don't see one reason why I wouldn't report & block those people.

• Start BLOCKING, @MissNowhere, if You need be. Once in a blue moon, I find a rude and crude person who will Not quit, and sadly I Do.. Block.
    Everyone on GAG deserves to be heard and respected, Not Disrespected, my friend.
    Good luck. xxoo

• Yes, I do block people. It's not that often and most of it involves the kind of private messages they send even after I try to be polite. My advice to you is if a person gets to the point of really bothering you regardless of the reason, don't overthink it... just go ahead and block the person. The online world can be a bit much sometimes, and you should be able to come on this website with as much ease as you'd like.

• I hardly ever block people but when i do (or when i did) it was because some guys don't realise how creepy they can be. Some guys here are the definition of perverts. They think that just cause its a public website, they can go ahead and message any girl they find attractive and "spoil" her (couldn't remember the term other than "spoil") with literally the most perverted and creepy messages. And the best part is, when you tell them that they bother you, or even if you tell them nothing at all, they send even more messages like those. GEEZ.
    And thats when i block gagers.
    Well, the guys that usually do that are of a certain race but im not gonna mention what race they are since i dont wanna embarrass the other peeps of that race that have nothing to do with things like these.
    Lol too many "race" in one sentence.

• Yes I do, but 99% of the time it's because they blocked me. If you block me then I block you. The other 1% is when they are being a dick and bringing nothing to the answers on my questions. I don't block because people piss me off, very rarely do people piss me off except the fan of fruit #1. He's just an eejit. Asks people to comment on his stupid questions then blocks you because he doesn't like what you said... and yeah I'm still annoyed about it!

• I used to not block anyone. Like literally no one ever. But the shit got worse and I decided to do it after an incident.

So yeah, I do, but just a few like say four or five. Those are the ones that either say really mean shit to me, OR, they get mad at me for ignoring their messages and decided to spam my inbox with all sorts of rude comments to tell me I'm a bitch, a slut, a cunt. All those nasty stuffs, you name it.

• I have never blocked anyone here. It does annoy me, though, when I've written long responses to questions only to find out that when I try to send it I've been blocked by the person. If someone is going to block another for an inexact or emotional reason, they should at least mention it in a comment somewhere.

• Yes I do. A couple of guys started following and harassing me, a couple sent me really horrible messages and a few were people I didn't even know eho personally attacked me on comments. I have no patience for that and no one should put up with that crap.

• I block if someone is persistent.

I get annoyed too easily to deal with "hi" messages from the same person 7 times. I don't know why anyone would think "oh she didn't reply.. OBVIOUSLY I SHOULD JUST SEND ANOTHER... AND MAYBE ONE MORE TOO" ughh no. stop.

• Only if they block me because they can't win the argument - which happens from time to time. I block them simply so they can't unblock me and post something idiotic again... I don't want that kind of negativity - I have enough of that in real life.
    Or if they're just frustrated and negative and only here to argue 'prove a point' - these kinds still block me first. xD

• They have to have done something to really offend me or annoy me in order for me to block them. I think I have maybe three people blocked. I'm also getting tired of people just being absolute bitches and assholes from no reason. It's annoying as hell. Like people are trying to keep up a reputation or something. But if I blocked everyone like that then I'd have a list full, so I just try to ignore it.

• I've blocked one person. Then I unblocked them because I didn't care enough to keep that user blocked.

I mean, no one really hates on me. So, I don't have a need to unless someone is being obnoxiously rude.

Oh wait, I also blocked a guy who sent me a dick pic when I was underage. But he was still able to send me messages? It was weird, and the penis was very unappealing.

• I block people if they block me only lol. I've never blocked anyone outside of like 5 who have blocked me first and honestly i'm glad they blocked me because they're all crazy bitches anyway, they did me a favor.

Not sure why people would be hating on you, i've never seen you say anything that was very offensive at all. They're probably a little wacko to begin with, so don't take it personal. As far as the creepers go, i'm all for blocking creepers, can't stand them.

• you know I don't block anyone.. went through many real shitty times and still didn't block... there might be something wrong with me.. :/

• I have only blocked someone once. It took me a long time to do that, and I still felt bad after a while. However, he would keep doing or saying things after I asked him multiple times to stop, that I felt uncomfortable. I couldn't deal with the messages anymore.

• So far, I've only blocked on person. Just because she was trying to make me believe in something that obviously wasn't true.

• I only block people who message me perverted stuff.

• Yes I do and it's needed. I block people when:
    - they become extremely rude in comments
    - they follow me on questions just to bash me again.
    - (this happends the most) they're extremely pervy in the private messages and that depends on my mood if you'll get blocked. For example yesterday I was in a bad mood and 2 people wanted to talk about their foot fetish and asked creepy questions and wanted to touch my feet etc. I had zero tolerance at that moment and blocked them both immediately.

It's just necessary to block people here. It may not sound like a nice thing to do but you just have to sometimes.

• Yea, I've blocked many people due to; saying something very rude, creepy messages, etc. You should block those people who are like that to you too.

• yes i do...

• No, I don't. I don't feel the need to block people unless they are harassing me through private messaging. Even then, after I think they've forgotten about me, I unblock them. I have been blocked many a time, but I don't block people.

• I used to have a strong no-blocking policy too. That was until I got fed up with feeling forced to deal with dealing with other people's bullshit and harassment. Now I block people who I feel are harassing me (following me around on every question, lashing out on me for no reason, badmouthing me, trying to insult me) because I don't want to have to put up with it. Nobody should. I also block people who try to have debates with me for days, and we end up doing nothing but talking in circles and repeating things we've already said a million times. I have no interest in seeing notifications on such topics after reaching a certain point, and I'd rather just leave it behind and not have to deal with the same person in the future again on another exhausting topic.

• "That was until I got fed up with feeling forced to deal with dealing with"
      hahaha no idea what happened there, my mind must have blanked :D

• If i block someone it's EXTREMELY rare if I do. I've only blocked 3 people on here. ATM i only have 1 blocked since the 1st one I got over it and unblocked them,2nd deactivated their account.

Again people have to say something pretty bad or act like a serious cunt to push me past my limit. Last person to do that turned an innocent question I made into some kind of racist thing. Saying that I was trying to start one since I didn't put enough examples.

• Then that person also accused me of being a stalker since they felt like I replied to their comment fast.

• No but they block me haha, (3 people so far)

• I block guys that flirt with me (especially if they're like 20 or older) and assholes harassing me for not being straight or for being a 'satan' worshipper

• I blocked one only... I think so, if more, then that was long ago

• i have already blocked 2 people... who were trying to get sexual on me & i was just like no dude dont talk to me again *block*

• More from Girls
    23